Flash...which one appears...?

#1 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Grrr...okay there's been some debate about heroes and alter egos. I've decided that the Flash is too much of a revolving door. First it's Jay, then Barry, then Wally, then that Russian female, then Wally, then Jesse? (can't remember if she actually "became" Flash, then Bart, then Wally (again). I've decided we have to go the way of the Green Lanterns and just call them by name. I've noticed that Wally already has a big page and the Flash page is a basic rundown of everyone. I've changed "Impulse" to Bart Allen. I'm not going to worry too much about if "Kid Flash" is listed in Teen Titans or whatever. There's bigger things to worry about. I have done some work on The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive and added Bart to all issues. I liked it when heroes went by one name, there was only ONE character allowed to go by that name, and they didn't change their identities all the time.

Staff
#2 Posted by Beta Ray Bill (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Grrr...okay there's been some debate about heroes and alter egos. I've decided that the Flash is too much of a revolving door. First it's Jay, then Barry, then Wally, then that Russian female, then Wally, then Jesse? (can't remember if she actually "became" Flash, then Bart, then Wally (again). I've decided we have to go the way of the Green Lanterns and just call them by name. I've noticed that Wally already has a big page and the Flash page is a basic rundown of everyone. I've changed "Impulse" to Bart Allen. I'm not going to worry too much about if "Kid Flash" is listed in Teen Titans or whatever. There's bigger things to worry about. I have done some work on The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive and added Bart to all issues. I liked it when heroes went by one name, there was only ONE character allowed to go by that name, and they didn't change their identities all the time. "

yea thats true and question g-man i think walley west is the strongest of the flash am i right?

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesse Quick never actually became the Flash...

Wally only used it as a 'threat' to get Bart to start thinking before he acted.

She wore the costume for 2 issues though... does that count?

M

#4 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hate to smell that costume with everyone that's worn it. And before anyone asks, we're not doing this with Robin. Dick is "Nightwing," Jason Todd is "Jason Todd," and Tim Drake is "Robin." Deal with it.

Staff
#5 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

These things are such a pain in the ass.

#6 Posted by zero edge (3692 posts) - - Show Bio

So does that mean you're going to merge Tim Drake into Robin?

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#8 Posted by Blue_Shield (749 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"So does that mean you're going to merge Tim Drake into Robin?"

DOH!

#9 Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"So does that mean you're going to merge Tim Drake into Robin?"

I don't think the page is really necessary. I probably won't touch it. At the rate DC is going, he'll probably need his own page someday when he gets replaced. I just think Tim's focus should be on "Robin." Despite the fact that we all know him as probably the best Robin, the general public wouldn't know the name.

Notice that this problem seems to be a DC thing. Maybe that's why I like Marvel better.
Post Edited:2007-08-12 01:22:06

Staff
#10 Posted by Terminal Velocity (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I like DC better because they let their heroes die. Even the main ones. The heroes don't seem to even age much in Marvel. I just assume everyone knows all the different names for the different heroes.

#11 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

LONG LIVE FLASH FLASH

#12 Posted by Omega Mega Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"LONG LIVE FLASH FLASH #HOZAR#"

yeah!!!!!!!!!! HOZAR

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.