Flash's archnemesis

#1 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Flash's archnemesis?  I mean, Superman has Lex Luthor and Batman has Joker, who's Flash's baddest of the bad amongst his rogues gallery?

#2 Edited by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Um...Zoom. 

But from the Rogues, Captain Cold.

#3 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom
#4 Edited by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West - Zoom
Barry Allen - Professor Zoom 
Bart Allen - Inertia

#5 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" Wally West - Zoom Barry Allen - Professor Zoom  Bart Allen - Intertia "
  Pretty much this.
#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay Garrick + The Rival  (Dr. Edward Clariss)
Barry Allen = Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne)
Wally West = Zoom (Hunter Zolomon)
Bart Allen = Inertia (Thaddeus Thawne)

#7 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Chaffing.

#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Trying to 1up me Rasta? "
Well when I stared righting it no one posted yet than I wanted to see if I could think of any Max Mercury or Quick Family villains so I could be an uber snob. But heir really are none
#9 Edited by JCJQLB (2817 posts) - - Show Bio
 Jay Garrick = The Rival  (Dr. Edward Clariss)
Barry Allen = Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne)
Wally West = Zoom (Hunter Zolomon)
Bart Allen = Inertia (Thaddeus Thawne)    
Jesse Chambers = Lady Flash (Christina Alexandrova)
#10 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I've Always thought of Captain Cold as Barry's Arch-foe... But now It's Thawne.

#11 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

what about Savitar for Wally? Or was he kind of on the sidelines. Starting your own speed-cult is kind of an arch-nemesis thing to do.
#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bascally what everyone else said, lol. 

But what makes Captain Cold so dangerous that he could be an archnemisis?

#14 Posted by Mainline (1129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: A couple of things make Cold a credible threat:

Motivations /  Reason / Code - Unlike the Reverse Flashes, Cold & company have independent motivations, can be reasoned with, and have a certain code of conduct.  That means that when confronting Cold you can't just go full bore and attack all out every single time... you may be able to convince him to act otherwise or his reasons might even align with yours.  That makes the situation more volatile and risky because their actions and motivations may be targeted at someone else or you might actually end up stopping them from doing something arguably good.  The whole potential for reform is a big part of what made the Rogues distinct from other galleries.  With the Reverse Flashes- who are all certifiable- you can simply go all out every time without ambiguity. 

Negation - Captain Cold's gun saps kinetic energy which really means it's more a "slow gun" than an "ice gun" as generally assumed.  He can stop bullets and, with planning, throw down fields to slow speedsters.  This dynamic means that he can challenge the Flashes but only with planning and preparation (or luck), meaning that any encounter is one where Cold is figuratively one step ahead- with traps and contingencies in motion (otherwise he wouldn't come to play).  Again, this is potentially more interesting than just showing up fighting with the exact same power set.

Organization - Cold is basically a super-powered mob boss which puts many other super-powers at his disposal.  It is Cold that decides whether Mirror Master 'ports you out of Iron Heights not just any of the Rogues.  While this may seem like "cheating" the mob structure is Snart's tool... just like Luthor wouldn't be as much of a threat without his money, power, influence, corporation, or scientific infrastructure.  To discount Cold's organization would be like putting Luthor alone up against Supes in a fist fight.  It's an integral aspect of what makes him a credible threat. 

That doesn't necessarily make Captain Cold the archnemesis but, at least to me, at least more interesting.
#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mainline:  Ah, I didn't know all that about Cold. Thanks for the info
#16 Posted by Ultimate JSA (2840 posts) - - Show Bio

captain cold flash's archenimie form the rogues gallery

#17 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious:
#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Zoom for Barry, Zoom for Wally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.