Flash trilogy

#1 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

So, in 2004 Geoff Johns made Green Lantern: Rebirth, and set the stage for last year's hit the Sinestro Corps War, and next year's big event, the Blackest Night.
Now with the closing of the GL saga,  the Johns-Van Sciver team is moving on and bringing back Barry Allen to life in Flash: Rebirth.
Could that be a foundation for another trilogy this time centered on the Flashes?

What do you think?

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe...

i wouldn't mind seeing the Flash come back to the spotlight for a while, it's been way too long since we've seen a truly epic flash arc...

M

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash series is getting cancelled so I doubt it.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224446 posts) - - Show Bio
The Flash is getting cancelled ? Damn... that sucks boy  !
#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"The Flash is getting cancelled ? Damn... that sucks boy  !
"
Yeah I got a letter with my subscription saying whatever issue is going to be the last one and that they are switching me over to JLA
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224446 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"King Saturn said:
"The Flash is getting cancelled ? Damn... that sucks boy  !
"
Yeah I got a letter with my subscription saying whatever issue is going to be the last one and that they are switching me over to JLA"
Damn... thats Crazy dude
#8 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't really makes sense... Why would you cancel the comic when in the midst of bringing it's hero back to life?

Maybe they're canceling it becaues it;s focusing on Wally West, and FR will spawn a new series featuring Barry.

#9 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. I think they are just going to finish up this current arc where his powers are wacked out and his wife is dying and then its over.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (224446 posts) - - Show Bio
Man... either way... that just sucks...
#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't make sense.  We've also got Johns saying he's gonna return to the Flash as a book, not just Rebirth.

But if they were canceling Flash and rebooting it, they'd just put Nobody on the new Flash book.

And you can't not have a Flash book.  That just doesn't make sense either.  The Fastest Man Alive needs a book! :-(

#12 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"

That doesn't make sense.  We've also got Johns saying he's gonna return to the Flash as a book, not just Rebirth.

But if they were canceling Flash and rebooting it, they'd just put Nobody on the new Flash book.

And you can't not have a Flash book.  That just doesn't make sense either.  The Fastest Man Alive needs a book! :-(

"
I agree that if they were making a new Flash book they would just switch me over to that book.
#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a various gap between the cancel/put on hiatus of Flash and Flash Rebirth

Flash: Rebirth starts in april and the series ends in december, assuming that the new series is launched after rebirth or that the old series returns from hiatus after the miniseries is over, there will be almost a year of gap between them.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224446 posts) - - Show Bio
Ah I See
#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

One year and four months later, me thinks I was right.  Teaser for Johns' latest project:

#16 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this has any connection to the 3 issue elseworld story Flashpoint

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

guys, guys, the flash ISNT GETTING CANCELLED!!!

#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
" guys, guys, the flash ISNT GETTING CANCELLED!!! "
This was two years ago dude. The Flash already got canceled and rebooted.
#19 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @mr.obvious said:
This was two years ago dude. The Flash already got canceled and rebooted. "
yea, get up to date dude
#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @mr.obvious said:
@RedK said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @mr.obvious said:
yea, get up to date dude "
alright, alright, I just made a mistake guys, geez.
#21 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

it's cool i guess the mistake just wasn't obvious to you before you said it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.