Flash Getting A Movie?

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

...And 'Green Lantern' screenwriter may be attached...

Yesterday we got wind of the rumored David Goyer Superman script. Well, if that wasn't enough DC movie news for you, here's some more! According to a recent report over at IESB, producer for the upcoming Warner Brothers Green Lantern film Greg Berlanti is gearing up to "helm" a Flash film. Not only does Berlanti have experience as a film producer, he is also responsible for scripting the Green Lantern movie which is set for release in 2011. Between the news that Martin Campbell has been confirmed as the director for the Green Lantern film, and news that David Goyer and the Nolan brothers are behind the upcoming Superman movie, it seems like The Flash is a likely choice to get off the ground. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for Wonder Woman to finally get off the ground...

What do you guys think? Do you want to see a Flash movie? Also, which Flash would you like to see? Do you think that with Marvel's plans for an Avengers movie, that Warner Brothers is feeling the pressure to get a Justice League move off the ground?
#1 Posted by dbluejays1990 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Wally West as the Flash,But I think there might pick Barry,Or a combo of both of them.I hope they make a real cool Captain Cold.
#2 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally! I can't wait for a Flash movie!

#3 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

See this is the role I wanted Ryan Reynolds to be attached to. He seems like more of a Flash than a Green Lantern

#4 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Good news! I'd love to see a Flash movie!

#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Patrick as Captain Cold!

#6 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Now what's strange is a couple of months ago Geoff Johns said he was working on a Flash movie outline.

#7 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio
@dbluejays1990 said:
" I would like to see Wally West as the Flash,But I think there might pick Barry,Or a combo of both of them.I hope they make a real cool Captain Cold. "
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.  

I also hope that they keep the legacy aspect of the character some how, but stay away from too much detail about the speed force. 

I always wanted to see "The Return of Barry Allen" as a film. The 90's Mark Waid story that is, not the current Rebirth crawl.
#8 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Captain Cold is the villain

#9 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Flash movie, but I'd want it to be about Barry Allen. If so, then Bradly Cooper I think is the best choice for Allen 

#10 Posted by SkullcrusherX (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely would love to see a Flash movie. It has to be Wally West!
#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wally West should be the Flash but during the intoduction show Barry being the Flash with maybe a voice over saying that one day he dissappeared saving the world.

#12 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm liking this Berlanti guy more and more. 

You know we would've probably have had a Flash movie by now. If WB's didn't go oh the script is too dark Mr.Goyer. When it's like uhh the Flash tv show was dark & The Flash comics have gotten darker since the mid to late 90's. Especially, Flash's rogues gallery. So it's the right route to go in. 

But NOOOW that Dark Knight came out they want to make everything dark. lol Just doesn't make any sense to me on the things they do there lol.
#13 Edited by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!! my dream has come true!!!!!!!!!! 
Barry Allen for the lead character!!!!!

#14 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chane said:
"I always wanted to see "The Return of Barry Allen" as a film."
Yeah, too bad its soooo bogged down in continuity and minor characters that it'd be hard to adapt to the screen.  Still my favorite Flash story. 

@PrinceIMC said:

"See this is the role I wanted Ryan Reynolds to be attached to. He seems like more of a Flash than a Green Lantern"

Yeah but what can you do? 

Wally all the way but they can make a good movie with Barry.  Its just that Wally has been extensively written by Wolfman, Wade, Morrison and Johns.  He's got a far more impressive series of stories and he's more developed as a character not to mension the target audience has been reading about him since they were kids or else still are kids and watched him in Justice League. 

#15 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123: I think Bradley Cooper would be fine as either Wally or Barry.  

(assuming it's an or of course)
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@dbluejays1990:
i agree with your first statement but i think they will have to do a couple of the rogues rather than just one, i think he might be the only case wear you would need the main 4 or 5 of them to have a good villain unless the did reverse flash, zoom, or Gorilla Grodd
#17 Posted by lakilakester (72 posts) - - Show Bio

all right i hope its wally west

#18 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Would like to see Ryan Kwanten from True Blood as Wally West. 

#19 Posted by RoninKane (80 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"See this is the role I wanted Ryan Reynolds to be attached to. He seems like more of a Flash than a Green Lantern"

Same here!
#20 Posted by Captain13 (3322 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Ryan Reynolds should be Flash, not GL, but here's my new choice:

#21 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
"
Would like to see Ryan Kwanten from True Blood as Wally West. 

"
Ditto [:
#22 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash stinks....
#23 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

After Batman, I'd much rather have Flash next over Superman or GL.

#24 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Should make a Green Arrow movie with the dude who plays him in Smallville

#25 Posted by inferiorego (23212 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES! Must retweet quickly!

Staff
#26 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wonder Twins are going to have their own movie before Diana.

#27 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet

#28 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
"I always thought Ryan Reynolds should be Flash, not GL, but here's my new choice:

"

I thought Reynolds would have been a great Flash if they portrayed him like Flash from JLA unlimited, it's why Im happy he's doing Deadpool as well.
#29 Posted by B A T S (13 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time!
Been dying to see a Flash movie forever.
I'm a bigger fan of Wally West than I am of Barry Allen.
I also thought Reynolds would have been perfect for the role.
But now that he's out of the running (pun intended) Pine or Cooper would be my picks.

#30 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

where's the like button?

#31 Posted by Caliber268 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea, for which Flash, go with Barry Allen.

#32 Posted by wallyallen (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Im so excited about this but at the same time in the past a guy running really fast looks very cheesy on film. also the flash suit is one that would be hard to translate into real life.

#33 Posted by Master_Of_Evil (135 posts) - - Show Bio

all that would be needed is wonder woman and they could do a good justice league movie batman, superman GL, Flash, Wonder  woman it would work
#34 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Faster than me...? I don't think so!
#35 Posted by mystery997 (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:

I highley agree with you the flash is more of a fast comedian hero which ryan reynolds seems to fit the role of flash npt GL he is a little more serious than flash and u hardley see him but flash is see and yet barely he is seen more on tvi think thqt GL should be john stewart 
DENZEL washington

JOHN stewart
#36 Posted by Caffeine Buzz (20 posts) - - Show Bio

About time! Hope it's Wally West. :D

#37 Posted by robokungfu (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally all the way!  Kids born in the late 80s grew up more with Wally West even though there was that totally rad tv show in the early 90s with Barry Allen in the tights.  Probably one of the first tv shows I ever remember seeing on tv as a wee lad.  Anyhow, The Flash is one of the few superheroes left I want to see in his own movie.  

#38 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont known which Flash I would want to see more because for me its a cross between Jay Garrick and Wally West.
But I love the flash and if they chose Jay Garrick then Neal McDonough  could play him and if they chose Wally then Matt Smith be great as him.

#39 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

This has gotten out of hand.  There logically should be no further Superman, Batman,  or any other such movies until Wonder Woman is given her due in a movie.

#40 Posted by static_gunslinger (4 posts) - - Show Bio

im puttin my hopes into a flash movie, but ild be upset if geoff johns didnt at least put a hand into it.  i say go with barry allen and let geoff johns keep reintroducing the character that everyone seems to love in his rebirth series. 

#41 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Jay should be the lead =]

#42 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

Something tells me this just might push the whole Super-hero movie $$$ making thing over the edge. We as fans want nothing more than more and more and MORE superhero movies. The general public though... Yeah, not so much. I'm not talking about the general public's love or hate for superhero movies, but how the general public acts towards too much of something. Example: Too many boy bands... yeah, that ended quickly. Too many reality shows... Ok, so we're still working on THAT one! 

I just hope Hollywood doesn't flood the market with Superhero movies all of a sudden. Even Superman would not be able to save the day!

#43 Posted by NightFang (9989 posts) - - Show Bio

It's about time the Flash got his own movie!

#44 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he voiced him in the New Frontier movie, but I think Neil Patrick Harris could make a good Barry Allen.  I'd like to see Jay Garrick show up in this mentor role as a retired superhero from the 60s (yeah, I know Jay was around in the 40s, but you gotta move it forward to stay relevant) who gives Barry the idea to become the next Flash, give it a mythology that other superhero movies haven't really had.

#45 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7751 posts) - - Show Bio

I want it to be about Wally, but more than likely it will be Barry... It would be nearly impossible and to confusing to make wally the lead, without barrys back story told and wallys origin as well.

#46 Posted by kal-el-of earth-8 (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallyallen: as long as they dont make it come out of a ring i think they should be ok lol
#47 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.