Flash Domination?

#1 Posted by franklinrichards86 (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Lately it seems like flash's powers are a little to much. I remember when he was just fast and now it seems, especially in battle threads here, that he cant be beat he's just unstoppable, if thats the case maybe he should swap clark costumes and wear the s on his chest . I miss the days when superman was well..... superman. Anybody else feel that way?
#2 Posted by tm24 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the things i've seen to notice DC doing is the build-up of the other members of the Big 7 at the cost of the Big 2 in some sort of way. It's almost like wrestling in a way in which they're using the big guys to get the rub and the fans behind them 

#3 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@franklinrichards86:  
flash is just very versatile and people dont understand how to defeat him so he normally wins in battle threads
#4 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio

i definitely feel that way

flash is so annoying

his 'speed force' explains everything ever...

I know people have posted that physics equation to explain his punch power... but how come ffloyd mayweather's punches arent as hard as george foremans?

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you people, but I would be bored of reading the stories of a guy who can ONLY run fast. The displays of the speed force in battles is a display of creativity done by Waid, Johns, etc. 

Since when is creativity and originality something bad?

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally has done lots with the speed force, but he might have too many abilities which could be why Barry is primary Flash again.
#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@franklinrichards86:
@PrinceIMC:

i know he can punch super hard bc of his super speed and thik and react super fast but what other abilities does he have? Also what abilities does Wally have that Barry doesnt?
#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys, but I don't think that there's a "Flash Domination".  Sure, Wally or Barry might win in alot of battle threads, but those characters are still MASSIVELY underrated.  Why do you think that Batman, Superman, and now Green Lantern have gotten their own movies, and not the Flash?!?!?

#9 Posted by franklinrichards86 (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

"Sorry guys, but I don't think that there's a "Flash Domination".  Sure, Wally or Barry might win in alot of battle threads, but those characters are still MASSIVELY underrated.  Why do you think that Batman, Superman, and now Green Lantern have gotten their own movies, and not the Flash?!?!? "

there wouldnt be a villian who could stop him, and i guess actors dont like red spandex, well except ben affleck but he wouldnt be a good flash.
#10 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

If he hit someone while moving that fast wouldn't that also destroy his arm? I mean yeah the other guy would be KO'ed or Dead (depending on the Character). But still Flash wouldn't come out a happy camper in fact he'd be short an appendage.

#11 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" If he hit someone while moving that fast wouldn't that also destroy his arm? I mean yeah the other guy would be KO'ed or Dead (depending on the Character). But still Flash wouldn't come out a happy camper in fact he be short an appendage. "
because of that stupid ass 'speed force'... 'oh flash can fly? speed force', 'oh flash can shoot lighting? speed force'.... dumb as sh*t
#12 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

@franklinrichards86:
this is a villain... zoom but anyway flash wins alot of threads but he doesnt dominate for example, in a fight with batman having prep batman would win as he could build a machine to cut of flash from the speed force with some time of frequency emitter, or vsing powerhouses they go straight into space than even the flash goes all out in space and chases after them theyd be in space and the second he stops he kills himself, or just destroy the planet/ large portion of the planet there on if your strong enough like superman, mr majestic etc... someone who can control time for example freezing it so the certain flashs going all out would be moving basically normal speed with them and than all they have to do is shoot the flash.

#13 Posted by franklinrichards86 (400 posts) - - Show Bio

has any one cut the connection of a flash from the speedforce?  i thought only other flashes  could access it
#14 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think he's becoming like silver age superman. Anyway I want to ask a question about that legendary speed steal ability. What is the limitiations for that? Does he need to touch his opponent? How long it takes? etc... And some scans would be good if anyone have any.

#15 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overkill said:

" Yeah I think he's becoming like silver age superman. Anyway I want to ask a question about that legendary speed steal ability. What is the limitiations for that? Does he need to touch his opponent? How long it takes? etc... And some scans would be good if anyone have any. "

I don't have any scans on me, though I own the trade. 
In Rage Against Time by Mark Waid, Wally was able to lend two super speed robots (who were as quick as a non-tapping into the upper echelons of his power Flash) some of his speed (which takes as much time as speed stealing) two super speed robots (who were as quick as a non-tapping into the upper echelons of his power Flash) which occurred instantaneously after tactile contact. 

So basically, he touches them, the speed is gone/lent. 

Flash has always been the most powerful member (in terms of unmitigated potential), rivaled only by a Sun-dipped Clark, of the 7, and that's logical too. I actually like it that way.
#16 Edited by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the answer. And don't get me wrong, Flash is one of my all time favs, especially Wally. But him being top of the JLA (power-wise) just doesn't seem right to me. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.