Did the Idea for Mysterio come from Abra Kadabra?

#1 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Did this:

Come from this?

Linda Park gagged by Kadabra

This is a connection that I just made, and I'm kind of ashamed that I didn't notice it sooner. I just wanna know; did Stan Lee get the original idea for Mysterio (Spider-Man villain) from Flash's villain, Abra Kadabra? I mean, they are pretty similar in that they both debuted as villains who used technology to simulate magic. The only difference between the two I think is that Abra Kadabra gained actual magical powers at some point. Plus, I think Abra used future tech to stage full on attacks on Flash, while Mysterio used misdirection and special effects to trick Spider-Man. So did Abra inspire Mysterio? What do you think?

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, Mysterio has more connections/similarities to Mirror Master than to Kadabra...

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its definitely possible. We can't be certain, but it is possible.

#4 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Alakazam?

#5 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

What about Alakazam?

I'm a second late!

#6 Posted by chalkshark (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather doubt it. In origin and motivation, they're very different characters. To some degree, they are both dark takes on magicians, but while Mysterio is all smoke and mirrors, Abra Kadabra could do pretty much anything he wanted, thanks to his future tech.

#7 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

This belongs on the Mysterio forum...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.