BRIGHTEST DAY: FLASH!

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out the teaser for the new ongoing series!

Just as we announced earlier, after BLACKEST NIGHT there will be BRIGHTEST DAY, which will be the new DCU event and not a concentrated series. BRIGHTEST DAY will span throughout the DCU and affect a variety of DC titles. Being that writer Geoff Johns was responsible for much of BLACKEST NIGHT, it only seems appropriate that the writer should take on the task of BRIGHTEST DAY. According to THE SOURCE, Johns will be writing the BRIGHTEST DAY title as well as a new ongoing FLASH book with the help of artist Francis Manapul. The FLASH series will be released in April, and will be followed by several additional BRIGHTEST DAY titles. THE SOURCE caught up with DC Comics editor Dan Didio who revealed some interesting information regarding the upcoming book.

THE SOURCE: Keeping my detective hat on, since Geoff is writing BRIGHTEST DAY and we announced he’d be writing a new FLASH ongoing coming right around the same time…
DAN DIDIO: Correct. We’ll be launching the new FLASH ongoing series, by Geoff and Francis Manapul in April with a BRIGHTEST DAY banner, and there will be several more titles utilizing it come May and June.

I for one absolutely love the image of Manapul's FLASH, and I am really looking forward to this new series! What about you guys? Are you excited about the upcoming event? Are you going to pick up the upcoming FLASH book? I really think it is great that the DCU is giving Barry his own ongoing, what do you guys think?

UPDATED: From Francis Manapul's blog, check out the awesome watercolor image!
#1 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
that's cool
#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting, very interesting

#3 Posted by mattydeNero (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah, Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul are a great team.  I'm looking forward to this title along with the rest of the BRIGHTEST DAY tie-ins.
#4 Posted by LFCMANIA (79 posts) - - Show Bio

so excited bout this - art looks absolutely amazing ! - cannot wait
#5 Posted by ComiCCloseup (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art but still cant seem to care about the flash.
#6 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the art!And Geoff johns has been handling Flash well!

#7 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I carnt wait for this!!!!!!!! this is gonna be awesome!!!!!!

#8 Posted by danhimself (22302 posts) - - Show Bio

still upset that Johns and Manapul left Adventure Comics but I am excited for their Flash book

#9 Posted by The Hottness (4226 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Wally! forget Barry...
#10 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@LFCMANIA said:
"so excited bout this - art looks absolutely amazing ! - cannot wait "

Me neither.
#11 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, with lightening speed the Flash can rush in and.....ruin a crime scene.

#12 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea have to agree with The Hottness more of a Wally fan but I'll pick this just to see if it pulls me in.

#13 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio
@mattydee007 said:
"Hell yeah, Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul are a great team.  I'm looking forward to this title along with the rest of the BRIGHTEST DAY tie-ins. "
#14 Posted by Overguardian (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been kinda so-so on Flash Rebirth so far, but if he can make the ongoing more accessible to relatively new readers who don't know every nuance of the character history, I'll give it a shot

#15 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Barry is such a vandal

#16 Posted by Final Draft85 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this book! I love Geoff Johns' story telling & I really dig Francis Manapul's artwork, so this book will be fantastic.
#17 Posted by Final Arrow (24359 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY

#18 Posted by Portrait (4484 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain....cannot....handle....so....much....awesomeness

#19 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for brightest day. but this ruins blackest night. 

-1. we know Flash survives now. 
-2. we know the Blue Ring does not decide to stay with Flash (I figured it wouldn't but it was a possible since the rings can choose) 
#20 Posted by wordchallenge (151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: The Blue ring and the others from Blackest Night #6 are 24 hour "deputized" rings. Ganthet explains it as he deputizes himself using Hal Jordan's ring.
#21 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@wordchallenge said:
" @Caligula: The Blue ring and the others from Blackest Night #6 are 24 hour "deputized" rings. Ganthet explains it as he deputizes himself using Hal Jordan's ring. "

I know this. but, it's a comic book, they could do whatever they want, and the rings have a mind of their own anyway, what if just decided Hey Ima be a permanent ring. 

but, as i noted in my original post, I didn't think that would happen, but the possibility was there
#22 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty.

#23 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder where the Wally stories will go. 
Honestly, I just want the flash-verse to get some direction so I can see if I'll like it or not. This floundering about in the wilderness since Infinite Crisis / Rogue War has been a bit pants.

#24 Posted by KansetsuWaza (24 posts) - - Show Bio

this is so cool! i've been following these charaters since before the spark struck on blackest night and i have to say what i have been reading for the past two years is nothing short of amazing and the stories keep getting more intense and more important to character origins!! my head might explode from all this!
#25 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

I heart Flash!

#26 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

The Art is Amazing, (Kinda remines me of my own work, but better) And Geoff is just an amazing writer. Can't wait for Brightest Day

#27 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Wally. 
I still think you're cooler than Barry. ;)

#28 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh. 

Johns isn't a good Barry writer.  :(
#29 Posted by Gank (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome. I also prefer Wally to Barry though.  He's a more fun Flash for sure.

#30 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish he would have stayed a blue lantern. It will be interesting to see how he ties in to this series. i kinda figured he would be done after blackest night.
#31 Posted by touch37 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

YES PLEASE. 
I will be waiting outside my comic book store with a fistful of cash in hand. I've given up. Just take my money, DC. Y'all deserve it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.