Anyone picked up the Flaash Omnibus yet?

#1 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to get it,and its only $45 on Amazon.com, but it's still a steep price. I haven't read John's run on the Flash other then with Manapul. Is it really as great as it's being advertised as? Also, just how much content does it include to be worth the $75, or $45 on Amazon?

#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say it's worth at lest 100$, the Flash series is pretty good. Johns is a great writer.

#3 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Really? Wow. I mean, I really like the Flash and I love Johns' work. Have you read this run thats being done for the omnibus?
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@carnivalofsins00 said:
@Caligula: Really? Wow. I mean, I really like the Flash and I love Johns' work. Have you read this run thats being done for the omnibus?
yes. I already have it in singles (for the most part.) So I wouldn't buy the omnibus. But If you haven't picked it up along the way the run is very much worth the cash.
#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably not getting this one, simply because I have the trades. And while I'd love to have the Our Worlds At War issue, I'm not paying $50-$75 for it.

Now when the omnibus collecting Blitz comes out...

#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

I'm probably not getting this one, simply because I have the trades. And while I'd love to have the Our Worlds At War issue, I'm not paying $50-$75 for it.

Now when the omnibus collecting Blitz comes out...

but if you haven't got it yet, the Omnibus is a good way to do it in one fell swoop.

Although I'm not buying it either, because I already have it in non omnibus form. But He doesn't have it, and it's worth the cash if you haven't picked the run up already elsewhere.
#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula: Oh yeah, DEFINETELY worth it if you don't already have the material in some form. Geoff John's run on the Flash is among my ABSOLUTE favorites, topped only by Umbrella Academy.

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92985 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seriously tempted to buy it. I don't own any of these issues. My only hesitance is that I prefer paperback trades to hardcover ones. 

#9 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: @Icarusflies: @Caligula
So it doesn't come out until the 24th on Amazon.com but it's only $48 for me (with tax and free 2 day shipping) so I decided to buy it. If it really is that good, then I'm excited!
#10 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like I will have to get it too. But I may be waiting a bit for the price to come down
#11 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for the second omnibus. I need a Blitz, Ignition and Crossfire to finish my Flash collection.

But yes, it's worth it. It was before Johns went insane. His best work (alongside Infinite Crisis) ever.

#12 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I will buy this Omnibus once the price goes down, it's kinda expensive right now...

Also might wanna check out the Hawkman Omnibus once that comes out since I've never read John's run on that character before.

#13 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@Caligula: How many issues are in it and what story arc is it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.