Opinions on the Venom Series

#1 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you think of the Flash Thompson Venom series?

#2 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my cup of tea...

#3 Posted by Red_Lightning_Alpha (64 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm loving it to be honest but i'm a big fan of rick remender especially his x-force run plus i like the new take on venom its a nice change

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty fantastic.

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7952 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty great, Flash is a cool protagonist, and I like the whole "militaristic Venom" aspect.

#6 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Rick hit gold with idea of turning Flash into Venom. I'm an Eddie purist but I'm starting to think Flash might dethrone Eddie as the best Venom.

#7 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gawdzilla: i am loving it more and more, it took a while to adjust to, but now i love it

#8 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6269 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. Venom's a great anti hero, and it was awesome to see him as a "super soldier" type venom character. Also a great story of a struggle with the beast within.

#9 Posted by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

Rick hit gold with idea of turning Flash into Venom. I'm an Eddie purist but I'm starting to think Flash might dethrone Eddie as the best Venom.

The best Symbiote-character ever!

#10 Posted by TobenRacicot (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Its great! I am loving this series. It is the first series I started following month to month. I like the hand-off from Remender to Bunn. The stuff that Bunn has been doing is really interesting to me besides the Toxin stuff. I greatly enjoyed the Monsters of Evil arc. Thought it was really cool. Still have to check out Flash in Secret Avengers and Thunderbolts. For now it is a thumbs up.

#11 Posted by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

Its great! I am loving this series. It is the first series I started following month to month. I like the hand-off from Remender to Bunn. The stuff that Bunn has been doing is really interesting to me besides the Toxin stuff. I greatly enjoyed the Monsters of Evil arc. Thought it was really cool. Still have to check out Flash in Secret Avengers and Thunderbolts. For now it is a thumbs up.

YUP.

#12 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

#13 Posted by TobenRacicot (124 posts) - - Show Bio

And now it is canceled....so sad!!!!! Though at least Scarlet Spider will still be going on.

#14 Edited by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

And now it is canceled....so sad!!!!! Though at least Scarlet Spider will still be going on.

Canceled!? "The end of the world actually hapened and I slept it trough?!"

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@tobenracicot said:

sadly :(

#16 Posted by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@tobenracicot said:

But how is it possible? Is a new volume going to be launched?

#17 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18714 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@tobenracicot said:

No :(, the solicits show that Venom won't be coming out, and then Bunn Confirmed it.

#18 Posted by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberwarrior said:

@theacidskull said:

@cyberwarrior said:

@tobenracicot said:

No :(, the solicits show that Venom won't be coming out, and then Bunn Confirmed it.

...no Moon Knight... no Venom... if someone will jump out off a window yelling like a madman, you'l know that that's me.

#19 Posted by TobenRacicot (124 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is really stupid. I mean the whole Bendis' Moon Knight thing okay i don't feel like it was the greatest, the art i could not stand it was like watching old TV before HD. But the story was amazing! I thought it was really cool. Venom on the other hand has never let me down, though i wasn't crazy for the Toxin story line. I'm not a big fan of heroes fighting villains that are exactly the same as them. Thats why I was so glad that Iron Man 3 was different!! So when i heard the Venom was canceled, I read the interview with Bunn he said the Venom may be making more appearances in Superior Spider-Man, which i wouldn't complain about. However I feel sad still. That Remender Venom series is what started me reading comics. Its like seeing your Dad die. But, i am happy that I will have 42 (plus point ones and the whole circle of four shtick) great issues to read again and again. So RIP Venom. Thank you for what you have done for me.

#20 Posted by CyberWarrior (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is really stupid. I mean the whole Bendis' Moon Knight thing okay i don't feel like it was the greatest, the art i could not stand it was like watching old TV before HD. But the story was amazing! I thought it was really cool. Venom on the other hand has never let me down, though i wasn't crazy for the Toxin story line. I'm not a big fan of heroes fighting villains that are exactly the same as them. Thats why I was so glad that Iron Man 3 was different!! So when i heard the Venom was canceled, I read the interview with Bunn he said the Venom may be making more appearances in Superior Spider-Man, which i wouldn't complain about. However I feel sad still. That Remender Venom series is what started me reading comics. Its like seeing your Dad die. But, i am happy that I will have 42 (plus point ones and the whole circle of four shtick) great issues to read again and again. So RIP Venom. Thank you for what you have done for me.

Slott doesn't let people die tragically and beautifully. He abominates them inside out...

Superior Spider-man; Superior Venom... Who's next?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.