Follow

Five Lights

Team » Five Lights appears in 172 issues.

Excluding Hope Summers, The Five Lights are the first five new mutants to emerge since Scarlet Witch's spell ceased all new mutations on M-Day. Each of the Lights successfully mutated after physical contact with Hope.

What was the point?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Currently Marvel has been doing a lot of things right... With the end of AvX and the beginning of Marvel NOW! the company has never looked better now that mutants are a prominent part of the universe once again.

Hope Summers has come a long way from Endangered Species up to AvX. While she hasn't always been written in a consistent manner, her role in the Marvel Universe is clear. Up to the (not-so) climatic point when she hosted the Phoenix for 5 second. All of that has made sense. What I don't get is what role do the Five Lights (or is it seven?) play in all of this?

After Second Coming it was supposed to be a big deal that five NEW mutants were located by Cerebra. Sooo.. What impact have they had being the first mutants Post-M-Day? Other than Oya/Idie's killing spree in Schism I can't really think of anything. Back when Generation Hope was still going I thought that they might be the key to bring back mutants to the Marvel U. Of course, I was wrong and all it took was for the Scarlet Witch and a Phoenixized Hope to say: "No More Phoenix".

I guess it all comes down to... What was the point of the Five Lights?

It's pretty sad that I'm asking this because I really like Velocidad. I mean he is the first Mexican X-Man since Rictor (although he might be Puerto Rican). Plus the short-lived relationship between him and Hope was exciting. The was the most diverse team and the strangest power set in the Marvel U. Yet, the team fell REALLY short... What happened? (Excuse the rant...)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Most likely(As in my opinion) it fell short of what it was meant to do, and that's revitalize an interest in younger mutants with a new property , couple that with the story getting cut short with AvX...well it fell apart.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.