Follow

Five Lights

Team » Five Lights appears in 172 issues.

Excluding Hope Summers, The Five Lights are the first five new mutants to emerge since Scarlet Witch's spell ceased all new mutations on M-Day. Each of the Lights successfully mutated after physical contact with Hope.

Sixth Light Speculation

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Edited By jordama

Shhh Classified
    Shhh Classified

The Sixth Light
    The Sixth Light
    The information about Generation Hope 6 suggests that the new Light is about to activate already. From the cover of the issue it looks to be a baby still in the womb. This would mean that even if the light comes to live on utopia with the X-Men the Team would still be the Five Lights. From the cover it looks like the Light will have some kind of psychic powers. When searching for the cover for Generation Hope 7, it was "classified" but I did find this cover on one website. This would further suggest that the Baby is psychic and that the baby is controlling the staff an patients of the hospital. From the looks of the staff it appears to be very Anglo and western, so what countries do you think the baby could be from? For some reason I'm think the baby is from the UK or Eastern Europe. My current theory is that the child is from Ireland. This fits into the Anglo idea and the arc title is Ward, this could be a play on the child's name (Ward is a fairly common Irish last name).

'THE WARD,' 
    THIS STORY WILL BE TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS! A new light pings into existence on Cerebra. A new mutant life is out there. A new mutant life needing Generation Hope's help, before his nascent power consumes him. Can the newest team of mutants in the world save this newest mutant? If you miss this, you only have yourself to blame.

So What do you think, is it too soon to have another Light activate? Does the fact that it is a baby seem like a cop out? Do you think contact with the mother will make it okay or does Hope have to wait for the child to be born?
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Wasn't the whole point of Decimation to stop writers from creating mutants and trying to making a name for themselves with their own characters, rather than using the established ones?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jordama
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    I would say it was more to considate the mutant presence in the world. HAving so many mutants was just not working out. So we narrow it down to 300ish and kill a bunch, make some decent story arcs and then start up the race again.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine
    @jordama said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: I would say it was more to considate the mutant presence in the world. HAving so many mutants was just not working out. So we narrow it down to 300ish and kill a bunch, make some decent story arcs and then start up the race again. "
    There have been some good stories since M-Day (X-Factor, New X-Men, X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and Carey's X-Men), but I hate Hope and I hate the Lights.  

I hate them……..
    Tenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tenno

Martian Manhunter? O.O

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By papad1992

That picture is so freaky.... but I like it!! I hate that writers had to make five more new mutants instead of using the cool and awesome students!!  

I hate Teon... Sabertooth cop-out since he died!!  
    I hate Idie... Angel Salvadore much (only difference is Angels arent biological)!!

I hate the Mexican kid, just hate him no reason!!   
    I hate the Asian squid!!
    BUT... I really like Laurie... she could evolve into a cool character, (plus she and Wolverine could be bubs)!!

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jordama

I'm really trying to give these characters a break because there have been so many characters made through out the X-Mens time that there is bound to be a couple that seem similar.
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheThe
    @John Valentine said:
    " @jordama said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: I would say it was more to considate the mutant presence in the world. HAving so many mutants was just not working out. So we narrow it down to 300ish and kill a bunch, make some decent story arcs and then start up the race again. "
    There have been some good stories since M-Day (X-Factor, New X-Men, X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and Carey's X-Men), but I hate Hope and I hate the Lights.   I hate them…….. "
    This.Generation Hope and The Five Lights story just doesnt work for me.It's like those writers are stuck on repeat and cant find any good idea.I bet comics are dead now.At least Marvel.I'm gonna read some mangas.At least Japanese are still good at writing stories.Such a shame.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

Psychic baby? I'm kinda thinking Cassandra Nova. Isn't that where she started? Five lights isn't as interesting as I thought it was going to be. I guess mutants in Marvel are going to be introduced one character at a time from now on.
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Trodorne

Im thinking its Cyclops and Emma Frost, of all the times they do it you would think at some point old scott would slip up...

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jordama

I really don't see any writer giving them a kid anytime soon. plus all the new characters have no connection to previous x-men

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Kairan1979
    @papad1992:
    Teon is more like Wild Child.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jordama

The preview for the issue is out, but no information on the baby.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kairan1979

I hope this baby is not going to be another Cassandra Nova.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jordama

GenHope Six Spoilers

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could be pheromone control, control of primal instincts, or just higher brain function control. another telepath would be a bummer, at the very least put an interesting spin on it like "velocidad".

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jordama
    @U R Sofa King We Todd Did
    I like the idea of pheromone control.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kairan1979

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.