Renaming

#1 Posted by fesak (7032 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone against renaming this page to just Lights since they're not five anymore and weren't they six most of the time anyway?

Moderator
#2 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Not specifically against it, but I think its unnecessary. I don't really read the book, so I don't think I'm the best to judge.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (57797 posts) - - Show Bio

Do whatever you want. You have the power.
BB

#4 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Not specifically against, as I see your point. Though in past times I always ran into the notion here that it had to be there name on paper. The last issue I read is #12 (and just flipped through again), they are specifically called The Five Lights. I'm not sure I recall them ever being called the Lights before, unless this is in an issue past 12 or I missed something. Noting to that the Secret Six has had a number different than their teams title, I believe the characters hat tipped that fact on panel before. It's you call as far as I'm personally concerned as I trust your judgement on these matters above my own, just giving my input otherwise and for no reason than I'm online and bored. (FYI: Oya split from the team so their number is currently at 5 anyways)

#5 Posted by fesak (7032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

Do whatever you want. You have the power.
BB

Moderator
#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57797 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

@Billy Batson said:

Do whatever you want. You have the power.
BB

BB

#7 Posted by fesak (7032 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATPANEXE said:

Not specifically against, as I see your point. Though in past times I always ran into the notion here that it had to be there name on paper. The last issue I read is #12 (and just flipped through again), they are specifically called The Five Lights. I'm not sure I recall them ever being called the Lights before, unless this is in an issue past 12 or I missed something. Noting to that the Secret Six has had a number different than their teams title, I believe the characters hat tipped that fact on panel before. It's you call as far as I'm personally concerned as I trust your judgement on these matters above my own, just giving my input otherwise and for no reason than I'm online and bored. (FYI: Oya split from the team so their number is currently at 5 anyways)

I've recently read #13 and there they're just called The Lights. As for members i count seven. Hope, Primal, Zero, Transonic, Velocidad, Pixie and No-Girl
Moderator
#8 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

I've recently read #13 and there they're just called The Lights. As for members i count seven. Hope, Primal, Zero, Transonic, Velocidad, Pixie and No-Girl

Hope and Pixie technically don't count: Hope is light 'Zero' and Pixie isn't a light. Then again, this would mean we're down to four members, so what the hell, why not.

#9 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Lights is often used to describe new mutants. I think it needs a little more time before it can be determined if it should be changed yet.

#10 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak:

Still haven't picked up new issues since the time of last post, but if it's verbatim on panel as the team name and not a nickname I say it's official then, I think that's how we confirmed the last few teams/characters.

#11 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Asmus, the current writer, is a user on CV. Someone should ask him if they call the team the Five Lights or The Lights

#12 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jordama: Really I stand with the " in print " thing personally. This was the number one criteria we always stuck by. For example the New Guardians in Green Lantern, right around the time of Blackest Night. The only on panel name given to them was " Rainbow Rodeo " so that was their name here. Naturally many thought it was silly, and had already heard them called the New Guardians during interviews with the writer and editor calling them The New Guardians, ect, but we had to stick with that. It wasn't until Brightest Day when there was on panel confirmation of them calling themselves the New Guardians and frequently was there a go ahead. That was the rule related to us that I recall, and despite any better facts and arguments we could come up with. It would be odd to see us just drop our rules. Though in Marvels case and your suggestion, I've always considered Broovert, whom can be reached at their site, to be the defacto source of what's what given he heads the Handbooks for them and oversee's all the little details for them. Personally I would say if Tom's behind it (again, easy as posting to get the answer from him, especially if someone says it's for a comic site bio) then it should be taken as word from the mouth.

#13 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, my main point is "Lights" is a word to describe new mutants since Hope has come back, but most likely is not the team name. Several "Lights" are not part of the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.