Why Do You Like Firestar ?

#1 Edited by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do you like her ? Her looks,powers,history, or just overall the character in general.
Me, I like her overall in general, though I do think she could have had a little better writing in  some parts of her past.

#2 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly? I don't really don't know that much about her, but Iceman and Spiderman love her, so she's must be great! I think I saw some old school "amazing friends" episodes, too. 

One think though, did she leave her fiancée or something like that?

#3 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
"Honestly? I don't really don't know that much about her, but Iceman and Spiderman love her, so she's must be great! I think I saw some old school "amazing friends" episodes, too.   One think though, did she leave her fiancée or something like that? "

Actually they never really interact in the comics, at least not a lot, especially in her mainstream comic appearences, and she left Vance......What do you want to know ?
#4 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire Star: By fiancée I meant Vance. I was just saying leaving people is not the best thing to have a résumé. While I was thinking/wring what I liked on her character I was also processing what I didn't like, and end up writing it. 

I remember seeing in the newsblog the sketch for the Divas comic. I love it. Very cool style.

Marvel Divas Design Sketches

Marvel Divas Design Sketches

#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Firestar is actually one of my favorite female comic characters. I loved the way she was portrayed in the late 90s early 2000s Avengers and New Warriors. But I absolutely hate how she is portrayed now, she is to whiney like she's the only super hero with problems in both real life and super hero life. Marvel Divas was an abomination to the character and its ridiculous its being kept as a reference for the character.

#6 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I like everything about her,  and i would love to see her a lot more.

#7 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Well based on this "What Element Are You Quiz?"  I just took, I seem to be water and based on the whole opposites-attracts theory I guess I like her because of that.  I should learn some more about her but I really don't read Marvel like I used to.

#8 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"

Well based on this "What Element Are You Quiz?"  I just took, I seem to be water and based on the whole opposites-attracts theory I guess I like her because of that.  I should learn some more about her but I really don't read Marvel like I used to.

"

lol
#9 Posted by Mutant God (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her because she is a mutant
#10 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"

"

You would have to be solid ice to oposite match her hotness!
#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about her but I used to watch the cartoon with Spider-Man and Iceman. It was good.

#12 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

i do? no idea about her. i like her because she can warm up hot pockets and bagel bites.

#13 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Her powers

#14 Posted by golvellius (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I love tha character she is not only one of the most powerful mutants in the Marvel Universe but she is also a woman of strong convictions.  The Power she posses is only equaled by the power she  uses to control herself.  In the pages of New Warriors Angelica was fearless, powerful, understanding, caring and the tipe of person who fights against all odds.  The strenght of her conviction is clearly her most impresive trait. Best storylines I can remember, when she tried to break Vance free from prision, "Powerless" when she failed to harm a guy who raped her friend because she knew that it was not her place to punish him, And when she had to face off against Cannonball, Warpath, and Amara because they were being controled by Empath...story where she managed to disrupt telepathic control with her microwave powers by switching the wavelenght of her microwaves....
#15 Posted by Phoenix_Pulse (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked ever sense I saw "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends"  i wish they would do more with her, Spider-man, and Iceman together.

#16 Posted by The_Greatest_Username (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Like most other people, I've unexplainably loved her since "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends." I would really love to see that trio with an ongoing title. One specific aspect of the character I liked is that with her powers, she wasn't a generic fire-spitter, she actually used radiation.

#17 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends when I was a kid, and Firestar was an early childhood crush. =^-^=

#18 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Considering she has ties to so many facets of the Marvel U, its puzzling she has never been pushed more

1 - Member of the Hellions giving her ties to Emma Frost, New Mutants and to a lesser extent the X-Men

2 - Original member of the New Warriors

3 - Former member of the Avengers

- With this resume and her powers the idea that she is not having her door knocked over with recruiting offer is strange.

#19 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I watched Spiderman and his Amazing Friends as a kid. When I started reading the Avengers, it was the epic Busiek/Pérez run, which featured her as a new Avenger along with Justice. That's when I truly fell in love with her. It doesn't help my case that I'm a sucker for redheads and that I find fire powers to be really cool. Plus, she's very, very powerful, and a mutant that doesn't get around just because of the X-Men. What's not to love?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.