New Firestar Mini Series

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Following on from Marvel Divas is a mini series focussing purely on the hottest New Warrior, Firestar!  

Firestar #1

FIRESTAR #1
Written by SEAN MCKEEVER
Penciled by EMMA RIOS
Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
Angelica Jones has been many things in her life. Daughter. Friend. Fiancé. Mutant. Hellion. New Warrior. Avenger. And, most recently, cancer survivor. Granted a second chance at life, Angelica has only one question for herself: What do I do with it?
32 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T+ ...$3.99     

Love the cover.  And the internal art is by Emma Rios who drew the new Strange mini series.  It's about time we had a decent Firestar story!!
#2 Edited by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay for Firestar getting some spotlight.

Didn't the give her cancer because of her powers?
Edit: I missed the part where she was cured/survived cancer >_<

#3 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

classic! nice talent on this as well. im there already.

#4 Posted by Mr. Hellfire (62 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a mini, it's a one-shot.
#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the end of Marvel Divas was seriously idiotic. I didn't even read it and guessed the ending write. I just don't get why they had to bring the cancer back up after it was taken care of in the 90s. Also what's the deal with her powers giving her cancer yet every other mutant is immune to their mutation.

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Hellfire said:
"It's not a mini, it's a one-shot. "

So I got a little over-excited when I was typing it up, big deal.  No New Mutants #69 scans for you :p 

The point is it's Firestar!  It's written by a good character writer, and drawn by a good artist.  This should make up for Marvel Divas. 
#7 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: good job <insert thumbs up here >

myself i hope she doesnt go to Utopia. its great that theres so many characters there and all, but too many of them dont seem to get any real character development nor story out of that, and become background. i wouldnt want that for her character personally.
odd for me to say as well because for awhile i contemplated her as an X-Force member.
#10 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18818 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be cool to see her in Utopia :D

#11 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (1872 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:  
Yeah me too
#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should stay in New York and maybe join back up with the Avengers. Another reason I don't think her going to Utopia would happen is because of Emma, I mean I guess she could always forgive her. If the XMen can, but I find that a huge character flaw how you can just forgive someone for all the evil they've done with out a second thought.

#13 Posted by Amber (314 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess I have another thing to add to my pull list. Man, I need more sponsors!

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

when is this out?

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait.I love Firestar.I was hoping she would get back the New Warriors.I know Vance is with Ultra Girl now but they were in Nova's comic together.

#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amber: It's just a one-shot (I was wrong when I wrote Mini Series) So hopefuly it wont hurt your bank account too much :)

@pixelized
said:

"when is this out? "

April, but I don't know the exact date yet.  I'm trying not to get too excited by it, in case it's a let down... Hopefully not :)

@Vance Astro: I saw some of that, it looked good.  I still hold out for an Original New Warriors reunion (I doubt NT or Nita will stay dead forever!)

#17 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bull that she gets a book and Ms. Marvel has to lose her book.

#18 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" It's bull that she gets a book and Ms. Marvel has to lose her book. "
How is it "bull" when Firestar has been in the New Warriors & Avengers but only now she finally gets a one-shot, where as Ms Marvel has had two on-going solo volumes totalling over 70 issues?   
#19 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
How is it "bull" when Firestar has been in the New Warriors & Avengers but only now she finally gets a one-shot, where as Ms Marvel has had two on-going solo volumes totalling over 70 issues?    "
Because I love Carol and I am hiding my sadness with rage =[
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
How is it "bull" when Firestar has been in the New Warriors & Avengers but only now she finally gets a one-shot, where as Ms Marvel has had two on-going solo volumes totalling over 70 issues?    "
Because I love Carol and I am hiding my sadness with rage =[ "
You're not 'hiding' your sadness.  You're venting it on a thread that has nothing to do with her an therefore ruining a perfectly good Firestar thread.
#21 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I apologize
#22 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually consider getting this if the Marvel Divas wasn't such an abomination.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" I'd actually consider getting this if the Marvel Divas wasn't such an abomination. "
What did you expect? 
#24 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: From Marvel Divas.. nothing. Its just this one shot is a spin off from that, so how much better can it possibly be.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Vance Astro: From Marvel Divas.. nothing. Its just this one shot is a spin off from that, so how much better can it possibly be. "
It's only a spin-off because that was the last book Firestar was in.Doesn't mean it's going to be anything like Marvel Divas.
#26 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

ooo, I like Firestar. ^^
and the artwork is really good.

#27 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: You have a point.. but I'll reserve my final judgement until after it comes out.
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel have released a page of just pencils.  See what you think.  Seems like she just can't help herself from hero-ing between courses. 

#29 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

she'll be staring in a new series young allies which will be out on the third of june, writen by Sean McKeever and art by David Baldeon 

#30 Posted by Timebomb (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Man, I've been waitng FOREVER for  her to be brought back into the X-Books officially!!!
#31 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

getting it in the next few days !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.