Firestar Question

#1 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2025 posts) - - Show Bio

If Firestar generates microwave energy, why is she always surrounded by flames?
#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell: Because its really the only way to make her powers "visible" its either that or those red lines surrounding her all the time and that doesn't look good. But remember she's drawn like she is on fire and these are the same people that think microwaves cause cancer.
#3 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2025 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`:
Funny stuff, I was just wondering because it doesn't make much sense to me.
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the microwaves affect the molecules in the air generating heat and flame.
#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18799 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
" If Firestar generates microwave energy, why is she always surrounded by flames? "
Because the sun gives off microwave energy lol
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she was originally created to be a female Human Torch with fire-based powers (and a fiery name) on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.   

When she eventually made her comic book debut, they changed her personality & powers.  So instead of fire, it was microwave.  Back in the 80's & 90's no-one really knew much about microwaves, so it was a safe assumption that her powers would like fiery.  Despite the fact that people are more aware of what microwaves are now, it's just part of her iconic look.

#7 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2025 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Thanks, that makes sense.  And I knew about the Spider Friends / Human Torch thing, I just thought the fiery aura / microwave thing was kinda stupid.
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell: I know what you mean... but when we were little kids it looked so cool ;)
#9 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2025 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Heh, yeah.  I really loved the Spider Friends cartoon.  I wanted to be Iceman so freakin bad!  And then that episode where Thor guest starrred and the "Spider Friends" went with him to Asgard was awsome.  I remember Iceman fell for a female frost giant!  Just EPIC stuff there.
#10 Posted by golvellius (207 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:
that's logical....good thinking.
#11 Posted by Shadowsnake89 (408 posts) - - Show Bio
@Black Lantern Mar-vell said:
" @xerox-kitty: Heh, yeah.  I really loved the Spider Friends cartoon.  I wanted to be Iceman so freakin bad!  And then that episode where Thor guest starrred and the "Spider Friends" went with him to Asgard was awsome.  I remember Iceman fell for a female frost giant!  Just EPIC stuff there. "
Oh yeah that was funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.