Female Taskmaster?

#1 Posted by Lokheit (489 posts) - - Show Bio

So according to the description of Finesse powers, can we say that she is the teenager female version of taskmaster?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It was hinted at in the issue that focussed on her.  I think it was Avenges Academy #2.

#3 Posted by Jotham (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

A female Taskmaster? I can't wait for the inevitable team-up with X-23 and Lady Deadpool!

#4 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey if they can make it happen and do it well, giver...put in motion.  Hope it works out.

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" A female Taskmaster? I can't wait for the inevitable team-up with X-23 and Lady Deadpool! "
It's been suggested (and mooted) in Avengers Academy that she might be related with Taskmaster... much in the same way that the new Young Allies built the new Bastards of Evil up to be the next generation of famous super villains.
#6 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the latest issue of Taskmaster, he got his abilities from a hormone injection well into adulthood. So they probably aren't related.

#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb: I don't understand where the new Taskmaster mini fits in.  The memory loss & recent addition of powers don't fit in with the character I grew to love in Avengers Initiative. 

Anywho... we might get the answers sooner rather than later... 

Avengers Academy #9
#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been hoping that Taskmaster was related to Kate Bishop. Uncle Tony or something. And as for Taskmaster's abilities I think he still had some powers in childhood but the injection increased his powers.
#9 Posted by PumpkinBomb (486 posts) - - Show Bio

And... the tagline for that issue is "Come To Poppa!"

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh.   

Now we're going to get the Marvel Ravage, huh.
#11 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate when this happens in comics, not every super polymath character or characters with photographic memories and all that need to be related to each other. Same goes with electromagnetic powers and most powers generally. lol 

The recent Taskmaster mini was entertaining, well written but violated continuity like a hippo kills more people in Africa than any other big game animal. FVL said he learned about Taskmaster from wikipedia!?! I am hoping that Finesse is intrigued but doesn't turn out to be Tasky's daughter or W/E. 

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel already had a female with Photographic reflexes....Remember her? 

Echo

#13 Posted by SC (13396 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  Indeed, great character, its nice to know others have not forgotten her too! 
#14 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this picture from AA #12 is another hint that Finesse and Taskmaster are related.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.