Final Crisis:What do you want out of it??

#1 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

What are you guys hoping to get/see out of Final Crisis. Personally i'd like to see Monarch and his army make an appearance. An for the GLC to deal with them, including a Monarch Ion throwdown. What are the rest of you looking for??

#2 Posted by Shiryu (2457 posts) - - Show Bio

Emerald_General_Jai says:

"What are you guys hoping to get/see out of Final Crisis. Personally i'd like to see Monarch and his army make an appearance. An for the GLC to deal with them, including a Monarch Ion throwdown. What are the rest of you looking for??"

the death of superman prime.

#3 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

for all dc crisis's to end

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"for all dc crisis's to end"

didio has made it quite clear that this will be indeed the final crisis

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"danhimself says:
didio has made it quite clear that this will be indeed the *final* crisis"

Good. As much as I like crisises, I want it to end at some point!

#7 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"danhimself says:

didio has made it quite clear that this will be indeed the final crisis"

Bad. Didio should have said it was the last crisis for about 15 years or something. NEVER say anything is final. Continuity actually NEED to be revamped sometimes (but One More Day was VERY unneeded, mind you.)

On topic, however, I want to have either Superman-Prime die, be returned to Earth-Prime and/or realise that he was wrong all along to kill "pretenders".

I also want an unlimited multiverse (megaverse?). Creating 52 worlds and then destroying some of them and/or their heroes coughCountdownArenacough is a quite bad move actually. >_<

/CG

#8 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

final crisis also won't retcon anything, didio has made it quite clear

this story will involve everything in the DCU

#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see an expanded multiverse too, though I'd like to see lot's of universes out there beyond the 52 (with the focus on a few of them). That way they have the chance to do lots of Elseworld stories and use the characters in main continuity if they want too.

#10 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like an end to all confusion! The original Crisis on Infinite Earths was supposed to make things more clear and streamlined. Great though the series was, it wasn't long before confusion began to return. So if we are going to have a multiverse, then lets all be clear about who lives on which planet, where they are in relation to one another and whether there is any chance of characters from those different worlds and/or dimensions meeting each other.

#11 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#12 Posted by Flash Is The Best (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman To Die!

#13 Posted by Ipod Man (1 posts) - - Show Bio

the death of Nightwing!

#14 Posted by Pyrehouse (5 posts) - - Show Bio

1 A permanent end to Multiverse interaction.  I don't mind there being different universes.  So long as they don't interact with each other. 

2 Mary Marvel actually losing her powers permanently.  I wouldn't mind the new Black Mary actually dieing.  So long as i don't have to see her in anymore comicbooks.  Bring her back to kill her off.  Either works for me.

3 An end to bringing back characters that should have stayed dead.  (Jason Todd springs to mind).

4 Finally:  No more superman-prime.  Whiny villains are about as fun to read as ingredients on a soup can (see second entry). 

#15 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio
Pyrehouse said:
"1 A permanent end to Multiverse interaction.  I don't mind there being different universes.  So long as they don't interact with each other. 

2 Mary Marvel actually losing her powers permanently.  I wouldn't mind the new Black Mary actually dieing.  So long as i don't have to see her in anymore comicbooks.  Bring her back to kill her off.  Either works for me.

3 An end to bringing back characters that should have stayed dead.  (Jason Todd springs to mind).

4 Finally:  No more superman-prime.  Whiny villains are about as fun to read as ingredients on a soup can (see second entry). 
"
Couldn't agree more with Point 3. I am sick and tired of DC and Marvel using "death" issues to boost sales - only to somehow bring the "dead" character back again several months later. Add to Jason Todd the names of Green Arrow, Barry Allen & even Supergirl. Why kill the latter in the first Crisis only to re-invent her shortly after?
#16 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Flash Is The Best said:
"

Batman To Die!

"
Ipod Man said:
"the death of Nightwing!
"
I hate both of you so much right now.....
#17 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Flash Is The Best said:
"

Batman To Die!

"
Ipod Man said:
"the death of Nightwing!
"
I hate both of you so much right now.....
"
Hahahahaha :p But I agree, they absolutely can't die.
#18 Posted by Flash Is The Best (112 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha they both will die...

#19 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

What I dont want to see is the trinity go on vacation of deathcation  after the series.  I know theres gonna be a justice league after thats lead by Hal and wont have the trinity in it. I am all for a different league but I dont know if I am feeling the trinity being gone.  Why does everyone want batman to die? what good would that do?

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"What I dont want to see is the trinity go on vacation of deathcation  after the series.  I know theres gonna be a justice league after thats lead by Hal and wont have the trinity in it. I am all for a different league but I dont know if I am feeling the trinity being gone.  Why does everyone want batman to die? what good would that do?
"
there will be two justice leagues

the current one and the other one leaded by Hal Jordan with Green Arrow, Ray Palmer, Supergirl, Batwoman (It should have been Nightwing..ohwell) congorilla,  mikaal tomas and freddy freeman

#21 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"speedlgt said:
"What I dont want to see is the trinity go on vacation of deathcation  after the series.  I know theres gonna be a justice league after thats lead by Hal and wont have the trinity in it. I am all for a different league but I dont know if I am feeling the trinity being gone.  Why does everyone want batman to die? what good would that do?
"

the current one and the other one leaded by Hal Jordan with Green Arrow, Ray Palmer, Supergirl, Batwoman (It should have been Nightwing..ohwell) congorilla,  mikaal tomas and freddy freeman

"
I know all of those characters except mikaal tomas - who is he(?) and what are his powers? And when you say there will be two versions of the JLA - will the other one include the "Trinity" or not? Also will they be on the same earth - will the miultiverse still exist - and how long before they meet each other and maybe return to being one team? And will this new team have their own title?
#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Emerald_General_Jai said:
"

What are you guys hoping to get/see out of Final Crisis.

i suppose a decent storyline for once would be too much to ask?

M
#23 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Mighty Thorion said:
"Nighthunter said:
"speedlgt said:
"

"
I know all of those characters except mikaal tomas - who is he(?) and what are his powers? And when you say there will be two versions of the JLA - will the other one include the "Trinity" or not? Also will they be on the same earth - will the miultiverse still exist - and how long before they meet each other and maybe return to being one team? And will this new team have their own title?
"
I think he was a series from the Starman series (not the one of the legion)

When I say two justice leagues I mean that the current series stays, but at the same time there will be another justice league team leaded by both Hal Jordan and Green Arrow as a response to Martian Manhunter's death

The new team will have their own title, while the main Justice League (the one with Superman, Batman, etc) stays in the comic "Justice League of America" while the other team will also have their own ongoing named "Justice League" written by James Robinson
#24 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"Mighty Thorion said:
"Nighthunter said:
"speedlgt said:
"

"
"
I think he was a series from the Starman series (not the one of the legion)

When I say two justice leagues I mean that the current series stays, but at the same time there will be another justice league team leaded by both Hal Jordan and Green Arrow as a response to Martian Manhunter's death

The new team will have their own title, while the main Justice League (the one with Superman, Batman, etc) stays in the comic "Justice League of America" while the other team will also have their own ongoing named "Justice League" written by James Robinson
"
I take it that means the rumours of Batmans "death" are greatly exaggerated. Thanks for the advanced info - i'll look forward to it all happening just as you say!
#25 Posted by Flash Is The Best (112 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"

because if Batman Died. it would be so crazy. i mean batman was one of the 1st to get DC started and if he died what would happen to gotham? would joker finally take it over and turn everyone into a nut case like him? Final Crisis is the perfect time to kill his a**. This is the perfect time for EVIL to win. TO TAKE OVER! of course i like the good guys. but in this crisis they should do the unexspected and thats kill someone like batman off. let evil take over! I mean the effect it would have on comics would be outstanding. cause everyone knows good always ends up coming on top...but Final Crisis should be the 1st time evil takes its level all the way up and make every superhero a slave. or something....they should do something that readers would have never ever would have thought of...
#26 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

2 versions of the JLA is cool kinda like 2 avengers teams. But come on why the hell is nightwing not leading a team? he deserves to be on one by now and i feel hes is the natural leader of the DCU

#27 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"2 versions of the JLA is cool kinda like 2 avengers teams. But come on why the hell is nightwing not leading a team? he deserves to be on one by now and i feel hes is the natural leader of the DCU
"
he is leading Titans, a book that has so much potential that I'm surprised that Winnick screwed it up, seriously didn't thought it was possible
#28 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he leads the titans but I think he should lead a jla team

#29 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"I know he leads the titans but I think he should lead a jla team
"

who knows, maybe if either Robinson or Mcduffy (however that is writen) ask Didio to put Nightwing in any of the teams he will

I know Johns already asked Didio to put Nightwing in the JSA, don't know the response though
#30 Posted by SilverZeo (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this will put an end to all of these major rectons for awhile, a universe can only take so much. So far DC has being doing this every 10 years.

#31 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis won't have any retcon according to Morrison, it is also the "final" crisis

about time DC starts calling their big events in a diferent way

#32 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like Steel and Zauriel to get some spotlight.

#33 Posted by Baby Vegeta (168 posts) - - Show Bio

FLash to die

#34 Posted by SilverZeo (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

I also hope that DC would bring back of Kirby's DC work back on the stands, Like Kamandi or Project Cadmus.

#35 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio
Baby Vegeta said:
"FLash to die"
actually the opposite will happen....
#36 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actually like to see a flash survive a crisis for once(I'm still mad about Barry Allen's death to this day). I'd also like to see more of 52 universes explored, and not in some story like Countdown Arena, but more real fully featured stories.

#37 Edited by SilverZeo (2746 posts) - - Show Bio
ahumancartoon said:
"

I'd actually like to see a flash survive a crisis for once(I'm still mad about Barry Allen's death to this day). I'd also like to see more of 52 universes explored, and not in some story like Countdown Arena, but more real fully featured stories.

"
I would like that. Batman Beyond universe seem to be like a good idea. Like having Bruce pass away leaving Terry to handle Gotham on his own.
#38 Posted by ahumancartoon (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Batman Beyond universe. I forgot that was one of the 52. Yeah I like to see more of that and a some more of the gender reverse universe.

#39 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Starfire to go to HELL

#40 Posted by TheBlurr (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people hate superman prime so much who doesn't love his senseless slaughter and his overpowered abilities

#41 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"I want Starfire to go to HELL
"
No baby we don't want to kill her. ( at least i pray theyy don't)

#42 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Also i personally hope this is the last crisis DC has dilouted the mutiverse so much its rediculous, please god let it be the last time. And also they dont have to get rid of SBP but put him back on the Sinestro Crops for god sakes, hell at least change his name and give him a better personallity.

#43 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

for some reason i want to see lord marvel fight superboy prime.  Probably not going to happen, but its something I want to see.

#44 Posted by Airstrike (189 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not really sure because it has really blown me away being my first major DC event.  I do know I am reading S.I. at the same time and that is lame compared to this!  In what book did Mary Marvel get turned into the badass in F.C. #3?

#45 Edited by lordraiden (6581 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"

danhimself says:

didio has made it quite clear that this will be indeed the final crisis

"

Under his reigne :-) we all know  there's never a final one! How does that old saying go: "Never say never (again)"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.