FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM

#1 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

Written by Peter J. Tomasi; Art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy; Covers by J.G. Jones and Doug Mahnke

A very special FINAL CRISIS one-shot honouring the passing of a great hero who's been a staple in the DC Universe for years. All that remains is one final memory that the League experiences together as they must fulfil his last wishes or die trying.

So certain words stand out. League and His. So it's one of the leagues and it's a male character. So we can count out that Wonder Woman will die.

What are you thoughts?

#2 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Isn't it Martian Manhunter?"

I think it could be, but is he still a member?

#3 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it Martian Manhunter?

#4 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I had the idea it'd be a Male anyway, for some reason. But at least now i can say it's not going to be Wonder Woman who dies! :)

#5 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:

I think it could be, but is he still a member?"

to be honest I don't really follow anything DC related...it's not that I don't liek it it's that idk never did get into it...but I did hear in another thread that Martina Manhunter died or was gonna die...and idk I know MM was in the league for a really long time..i don't think the text there really tells us that the person who dies is a current member of the team..they just had to be close to it..but idk...didn't Flash die too recently?

#6 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, it could be Martian Manhunter, hence the fire and all.

#7 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:

I think, even still i hope it will be someone Silver, maybe even Golden age, like in the JSA.

I think we can count out the GL's if we count the light war in 2009 :D Can't wait!

#8 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Oh yeah, it could be Martian Manhunter, hence the fire and all."

you being sarcastic? sorry I can't really tell..honestly..lol"

Martian Manhunter's species weakness is fire.

#9 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:

to be honest I don't really follow anything DC related...it's not that I don't liek it it's that idk never did get into it...but I did hear in another thread that Martina Manhunter died or was gonna die...and idk I know MM was in the league for a really long time..i don't think the text there really tells us that the person who dies is a current member of the team..they just had to be close to it..but idk...didn't Flash die too recently?"

Yeah, Bart Allen died recently. I don't think it'd be a Flash anyway, it'll be some one more Major in the League. That's the way i see it anyway.

#10 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

you being sarcastic? sorry I can't really tell..honestly..lol

#11 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Barry Flash says:

No, i weren't being sarcastic, lol. I was just stating the reason why it could be Martian Manhunter, the way i see it. If you get me?

#12 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:
"Barry Flash says:

Martian Manhunter's species weakness is fire."

Exactly.

#13 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"Supreme Marvel says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:
"Barry Flash says:

Exactly."

Buuuuuuut, Martian Manhunter can sometimes resist fire. (After the Fernus event, I think he could...) But I don't know much about this... x_X

/CG

Post Edited:2008-04-20 07:10:10

#14 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCleverGuy says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Supreme Marvel says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:
"Barry Flash says:

Exactly."

Buuuuuuut, Martian Manhunter can sometimes resist fire. (After the Fernus event, I think he could...) But I don't know how much about this... x_X

/CG"

Yeah, i think he can a little. But, too much fire would be the death of him.

#15 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh okay...yeah i remember that...(this is what happens when a Marvel fan tries to join in on a DC conversation)...but that makes me more sure that it's MM

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCleverGuy says:

"Barry Flash says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:
"Oh okay...yeah i remember that...(this is what happens when a Marvel fan tries to join in on a DC conversation)...but that makes me more sure that it's MM"

Haha, okay. Yeah, who else could it be?"

Anyone except Wonder Woman. Lol :P

/CG"

and Black Canary, Vixen and probably Red Tornado...being an android not to sure.

#17 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"Oh okay...yeah i remember that...(this is what happens when a Marvel fan tries to join in on a DC conversation)...but that makes me more sure that it's MM"

Let's not make ourselves too sure about this. As far I understand from this discussion, the only reasons you think it's Martian Manhunter is that he has been a member of the League and that it is fire on the image. I can be wrong, though. x_X

/CG

#18 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

Haha, okay. Yeah, who else could it be?

#19 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Flash says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:

/CG

#20 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCleverGuy says:

"Barry Flash says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:

/CG"

Yeah, i suppose you're right there.

#21 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCleverGuy says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:

Let's not make ourselves too sure about this. As far I understand from this discussion, the only reasons you think it's Martian Manhunter is that he has been a member of the League and that it is fire on the image. I can be wrong, though. x_X

/CG"

no you are right...plus I also heard that MM died or dies recently or soon..lol

#22 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Supreme Marvel says:

"TheCleverGuy says:
"Barry Flash says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:

/CG"

and Black Canary, Vixen and probably Red Tornado...being an android not to sure."

Oh yeah, but even if a Female was going to die, these three wouldn't be my first guesses, i think the death will be someone Major in the League, like i said before. Possibly Batman.

#23 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

but what does fire have to do with Batman? I'm guessing this image should give us clues on who it might be...

#24 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"could also be Jimmy Olsen"

Don't see not.

#25 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"but what does fire have to do with Batman? I'm guessing this image should give us clues on who it might be..."

It might have nothing to do with what's on the image. The cover of Legion of Super-Heroes (Vol 5) #1 features Brainiac 5 in the front, but he only makes a cameo appearance in the actual book. :P

/CG

#26 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

could also be Jimmy Olsen

#27 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"could also be Jimmy Olsen"

o_O After Countdown? Wouldn't really be surprised... -__-

/CG

#28 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

TheCleverGuy says:

"obi wan kenobi! says:
"but what does fire have to do with Batman? I'm guessing this image should give us clues on who it might be..."

It might have nothing to do with what's on the image. The cover of Legion of Super-Heroes (Vol 5) #1 features Brainiac 5 in the front, but he only makes a cameo appearance in the actual book. :P

/CG"

yeah but I mean this is no Legion of Superheroes here..this is Final Crisis! It has to be meaningful in some way that's my belief...my list of speculation include

Martian Manhunter and the Flash...and maybe just maybe Jimmy Olsen

#29 Posted by theCeruleanGestalt (1148 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"TheCleverGuy says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:

/CG"

yeah but I mean this is no Legion of Superheroes here..this is Final Crisis! It has to be meaningful in some way that's my belief...my list of speculation include

Martian Manhunter and the Flash...and maybe just maybe Jimmy Olsen"

Do you mean LSH is not important?!? Grrr... No, just kidding. :P

/CG

#30 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

no well LSH is important plus their show was pretty cool...but you know I'm just saying Legion of Super-Heroes (Vol 5) #1 as significant to the future of the DC universe as Final Crisis: Requiem could be...lol

#31 Posted by Firebolt (21 posts) - - Show Bio

its hard to tell really

#32 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#34 Posted by Last_Guardian (28052 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Manatee says:

"Aquaman"

laughs Aquaman laughs

#35 Posted by Waver (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Manatee says:

"Aquaman"

Wouldn't be suprised after what they did to poor Orin, replacing him with a n00b.

#36 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11271 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want it to be Martian Manhunter or Aquaman. I've loved MM for a long time. But only liked Aquaman since reading Justice series by Alex Ross. And liked him since them. But there are loads of members who I don't it to be. :( I don't see anything good coming of this. Unless A bad guy also dies...Superman Prime maybe.

#37 Posted by Provicator (16 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan kenobi! says:

"TheCleverGuy says:
"obi wan kenobi! says:
It might have nothing to do with what's on the image. The cover of Legion of Super-Heroes (Vol 5) #1 features Brainiac 5 in the front, but he only makes a cameo appearance in the actual book. :P /CG"
yeah but I mean this is no Legion of Superheroes here..this is Final Crisis! It has to be meaningful in some way that's my belief...my list of speculation include Martian Manhunter and the Flash...and maybe just maybe Jimmy Olsen"

The fire might be how they die, which does lend credence to Martian Manhunter or Aquaman but really fire could kill any human superhero, like Batman or Red Arrow in the JLA... And for all the Batman fans out there yes I know Batman could have something in his belt to stop the fire however if their going to kill Batman it will most likely end with him sacrificing himself to save either Dick, Jason or Tim.

#38 Posted by Waver (89 posts) - - Show Bio

But Red Arrow survives because he is in the new Titans series and the Justice League series. And anyway why would they kill off the large and expansive Batman franchise.

Post Edited:2008-04-22 19:26:52

#39 Posted by Teen Manatee (359 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading DC Universe 0 , I think that Barry Allen is back.

#40 Posted by lordraiden (7625 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking, that Barry Allen might be one of the new gods from the fifth world? That some of the major hero's who've died or will die, ie J'on J'onz, Superboy, will come back as new gods for the fifth world! Just a theory at this point!

#41 Posted by Darkchild (41472 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow...i actually got teary at the end of this issue. the choco that Bats put on the tomb.

awesome freaking issue 5 out of 5

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.