Follow

Final Crisis

Story arc »

Supposedly the last of the three multiverse altering crises. This event pitted the heroes of the multiverse against the reincarnated denizens of Apokolips as well as the evil Mandrakk.

5 problems with Final Crisis

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What the hell did I read? Seriously! I tough that I just had to read Final Crisis one more time to understand it. BOY, WERE I WRONG! Its so confusing. Grant Morrison, oh guru of confusion, you outdid yourself.

I could make the title "52 problems with Final Crisis" and I would still not have asked all the questions I had. But here is the main 5. Do you have an answer?

Nbr. 1: Who IS Libra?

No, that's it. What is his deal?

Nbr. 2: How did Barry Allen return to life?

He outran Death? How? How do he have his body, that got destroyed is Crisis Of Infinite Earths?

Nbr. 3: What did the Moniters do?

A lot of my questions can be summed up in one line.

Nbr. 4: What happen to Batman?

We saw his corps in the present, but he is alive in the past, moving on to our time, to destroy the world, because of a... bullet... um.... SOMEBODY EXPLAIN!!!

Nbr. 5: Who is the vampire guy in the end of the story?

He is the main villian, I guess, instead of Darkside, but who and what is he?

I DEMAND ANSWERS, DAMMIT!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and who is the new Mister Miracle guy?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. An emissary from Darkseid, this was obvious.
    2. His body was never destroyed, he was consumed by the Speed Force. More details about his return are in Flash: Rebirth. Long story short, he was brought back by the Reverse Flash.
    3. Um... they monitored. It's in their name. They watched over the 52 worlds that were part of DC's multiverse.
    4. This was explained thoroughly in The Return of Bruce Wayne. Batman was Darkseid's Plan B in case his conquest of the universe failed. He used the Omega Sanction to send Batman back in time. As Bruce would progress through the timeline he would accumulate Omega energy which would eventually transform his into a human bomb that would destroy the universe when he reached the present. Bruce's "corpse" was just a clone Darkseid made.
    5. Mandrakk, the Dark Monitor. I suggest you read Superman Beyond, which is essential for understanding Final Crisis, in case you haven't.
    6. Shilo Norman.
    waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler:

1: oh, I didnt get that, guess I was irritated and missed that. By the way, how is Darkside and others from Apocalypse taking over human minds or whatever?

2: I know about the Speed Force, I thought his body was destroy WHEN he became a part of it. Is Flash: Rebirth a good comic?

3: So they are DCs answer to Marvels the Watchers. They sure as hell talk a lot about it then. Weren't there only one Monitor to begin with?

4: ... um... okay... WHY did he clone Bruce? And HOW is this Omega energy working?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: And does that mean that you can destroy the universe by time travel the wrong way or something?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@waezi2:

1. They're New Gods, they can do stuff like that.
    2. Nope, he was completely absorbed by the Speed Force. Rebirth is OK, it just has some really stupid retcons.
    3. Yeah, they showed up right after Infinite Crisis when the 52 Multiverse appeared. Their new origin goes like this: in the beginning, a gigantic vast intelligence named Monitor but referred to in places as "Overmonitor" or "Overvoid", discovered the Bleed and the Multiverse within, a 'flaw' at its heart. Disturbed, it sent out a probe in a similar form to that of the original "Monitor" from Crisis on Infinite Earths that fed back the chaos of every story of the Infinite Earths all at once; overwhelmed by the very idea of a "story," the Monitor recalled the probe and sealed off the Bleed by creating the Multiverse Machine (or "Orrery of Worlds"), but his contemplation of the workings of the Machine (doubtless combined with the established fact that the Monitor was linked to all positive matter) resulted in the generation of the World of Nil, populated by powerful vampiric beings with a vast and epic history, living and continuously evolving manifestations of the Monitor's thoughts, who see themselves as "descendants" of the Monitor himself.
    4. Darkseid originally wanted an army of Batmen to help him take over the universe. Darkseid wasn't an idiot so he knew Bruce's experiences through the years are an important part of what makes Batman the man he is, however the clones couldn't handle Batman's memories and they killed themselves while inside their test tubes. Turns out you can clone Bruce Wayne but you can't clone Batman. Anyway, Darkseid decided to use of the clones to trick the superhero community into believing Batman was dead. Meanwhile, every time Bruce traveled to a different time period, he accumulated more Omega Energy. How this works exactly, I don't know, that's the Omega Sanction for ya.

@smashbrawler: And does that mean that you can destroy the universe by time travel the wrong way or something?

No, this is something only Darkseid could do.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler:

1: why haven't Darkside done this before?

2: Is it the retcon about his mothers being killed by Zoom?

3: how do you know all that?

4: okay...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I guess the five main questions I wanted a answer for has now been answered.

Oh, and I don't like Final Crisis.

I do not hate it, I just doesn't like it. But I have never been to happy about Morrisons comics. When I read them, its like I jump over pages, and there is a lot of stuff I don't get.

I guess I'm more in to the story's about heroes fighting Nazis and gorillas and stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.