emerald_general_jai's Final Crisis #7 - New Heaven, New Earth review

End of a Crisis

I personally enjoyed this issue quite a bit. The confrontation between Superman and Darkseid, Kal-El and Uxas, was well done and the fact that he didn't physically assault him leaving the credit for the kill for Batman. Superman was able to lead Earth's survivors in re-creating..or creating as the case may be the Miracle Machine and used it to defeat Darkside. Captain Marvel was sent to gather the Supermen of the Multiverse, and therefore made those 2 issues relevant. You also have the GLC continue on it's way to aid Earth, including Sodam Yat which i def was pleased with. In the end Nix pulled together an impressive force, made up of the most powerful groups in the Universe. The Green Lantern Corps, Supermen of the Multiverse, Captain Carrot and his allies (LMAO!!), The Pax Dei, and the Forever People of the 5'th World. Nix's charachter arc ended nicely, and was quite impressive for me, making him the greatest of the Monitor's. In the end i truly enjoyed this event, much more than Secret Invasion, while it takes a momment to get it, the level of symbolism throughout the series makes it a more interesting and engaging read each and every time you read it. While maybe this shouldn't have been an "event" comic, taken on it's own merit's it's amaing. Taken along with Morrison's interviews on Newsarama's this will keep me entertained for at least another week or too as i re-read and enjoy it.