I can't believe I'm about to say this...

#1 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

But as mush as I HATE Matt Fraction.... He's done a great job with Fear Itself so far. At first I didn't like him because He ruined Thor... but he seems to be slowing winning me over. Only a little bit though... I still don;t like what He's done to Thor...

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

I love FEAR ITSELF. :)

#3 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: I was kinda afraid to pick it up since I don't like Fractions style of writing but I was impressed.
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see who else is going to be one of the Worthy. Want them to keep the hammers when its all over.
#5 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, theres plenty of issues left for him to screw it up.  I hope not, but this is Fraction we're talking about.

#6 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" Don't worry, theres plenty of issues left for him to screw it up.  I hope not, but this is Fraction we're talking about. "
You have a great point there lol...
#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" I love FEAR ITSELF. :) "
I can't help but to laugh at this...
#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Why? :P
#9 Posted by SC (13124 posts) - - Show Bio

I always separate the writer and his work, Oh, and I think knowing why you don't like their work, a writer, why you would criticize them, and praise them, technically speaking. Fraction has written an excellent, very loved, very popular Thor before, but the narrative technique he used was radically different than what is the norm for ongoing series. (Fraction has wrote some Thor one shots in the past) I have disliked his recent Thor run (sorta an understatement)

For me, in Fear Itself, the fact that the pace is much, much faster, and Thor's dialogue is trimmed to the more dramatic and important stuff, has me liking how Fraction uses the character there, so I can empathize with your new found appreciation for him lol He is hoping that he starts writing Thor a bit more like this with the release of Mighty Thor #1 
#10 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know, I saw a lot of crap before Fear itself was out, but now that it's out I'm seeing nothing but positive reviews. 

Fraction is good. He's just not good with well established series

#11 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: When does Mighty Thor #1 come out?
#12 Posted by SC (13124 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:
" @SC: When does Mighty Thor #1 come out? "

That should be April 27th, 2011, so a few weeks from now. I believe there are already some previews of the first issue online! 
#13 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Sweet I'll have to check it out...
#14 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" Don't worry, theres plenty of issues left for him to screw it up.  I hope not, but this is Fraction we're talking about. "
#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Fear Itself because Bendis isn't writing it. But that;s just me lol.

It's nice to see someone other than Bendis write a Big Event. Already, Fear Itself is more interesting than Secret Invasion. 
#16 Posted by stormphoenix (934 posts) - - Show Bio

what happen can someone tell me plz
#17 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormphoenix: Check out the video review on the homepage
#18 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64:
Without making any comment on the story: It is an ironic statement, isn't it?
#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: Yes
#20 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like Matt Fraction's writing. He's done a great job with the Invincible Iron Man series so far. And I'm totally loving the start of Fear Itself. So I have high hopes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.