Follow

Fear Itself

Story arc »

In a time of fear and uncertainty, the Avengers make plans to rebuild Asgard, while Sin enacts a mysterious plan to fulfill her destiny and resurrect a forgotten god of fear.

Fear Itself Video Discussion

• 75 results
    GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GrimoireMyst

One of the hammer wielders behind Juggernaut looked like The Hulk. I also wonder if the Olympians will enter the fray since they are supposed gods too.

Avatar image for thegentlemanrogue
    thegentlemanrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JonesDeini said:

" Wait, I thought the Asgardians were Aliens in the Ultimate U not 616. I mean Thor's the son of Gaea and Odin. And Odin's a member of the Skyfather council with the other gods of various pantheons. I'm pretty sure they're legit deities, just not truly immortal like their Olympian counter parts.  "

None of the Marvel Pantheons are "Gods", they are all extra-dimensional beings (think K'un-L'un but much more powerful) who showed up on earth, some got busy with Gaea, and then were worshiped by early humanity as deities. Also, Greg Pak specified in Incredible Hercules that like the Asgardians and the Golden Apple, the Olympians need to consume Ambrosa to sustain their immortality. We don't know much about the other Pantheons, but I would wager they are all in a similar boat.
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Mumbles

fraction is writing fear of the titans

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By _Sojourn_

I AM SO FREAKING GETTING THIS 

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Vendel

11:36  and 11:53 -  "Juggernauts not evil now"

What utterly ridiculous statements.

Susanoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Susanoo
    @Outside_85 said:
    "

I wonder if the Serpent has any connection to the Midgard Serpent?

Alternatively (far out), this could also be Surtur since he's the only one who's gets the Asgardians quaking in their boots. 

But I'm looking forwards to this.

PS. Odin's father was called Bor.

"

The Serpent is the original all father. Odin trapped and sealed him away. He has no relations to the midgard serpent in anyway other than being from a nordic myth and comics.
    Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I think these are the worthy here I'm guessing:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    No Caption Provided
    The green guy could also be Drax, But I don't know. 
    I feel like its Hulk.
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#59  Edited By Outside_85
    @Susanoo:
    We have yet to see that confirmed. So far its only the Serpent thats called himself All-Father.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Eyz
    @Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
    " Fear Itself is going to be my re-introduction into the going-ons in the Marvel Universe so I hope it turns out good.  The first issue was real cool and I was pleasantly surprised... "
    Me too!
    I've been sort f disconnected from Marvel for a whilee  (like House of M/Civil War-long ago)
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#61  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Vendel: Have you been reading Thunderbolts? Saving and caring about his teammates doesn't seem too evil. I never said he was an angel, just not necessarily 'evil.'
    JCannihilates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JCannihilates

I haven't seen a girl look that bored since my last date...

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vendel
    @G-Man said:
    " @Vendel: Have you been reading Thunderbolts? Saving and caring about his teammates doesn't seem too evil. I never said he was an angel, just not necessarily 'evil.' "

Caring about his teammates?  I guess you could have said the same thing about The Exiles. Until he tried to kill them. Also peopel like to pretend that the reason he confronted the Hulk in WWH was to save Xavier. Then the next time they meet Cain thinks he has killed him. And all those X-Men he supposedly saved and cared about while on the team? Ask them how good Cain is when he is tearing the place apart in Fear Itself.

The point being. That Cain not actively killing/destroying something or making the best out of a bad situation (namely being depowered again for no reason and being told he will rot in a cell otherwise) does not make one a good guy. Or even "less evil".

I don't know how many "not evil" guys kill for the right to use a power they know compels evil acts. And consider that power a blessing.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

no tie ins?????? i might just read it then

McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By McQuinn

She knows absolutely nothing about greek mythology beyond watching Disney's Hercules. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @thegentlemanrogue said:
    " @JonesDeini said:

" Wait, I thought the Asgardians were Aliens in the Ultimate U not 616. I mean Thor's the son of Gaea and Odin. And Odin's a member of the Skyfather council with the other gods of various pantheons. I'm pretty sure they're legit deities, just not truly immortal like their Olympian counter parts.  "

None of the Marvel Pantheons are "Gods", they are all extra-dimensional beings (think K'un-L'un but much more powerful) who showed up on earth, some got busy with Gaea, and then were worshiped by early humanity as deities. Also, Greg Pak specified in Incredible Hercules that like the Asgardians and the Golden Apple, the Olympians need to consume Ambrosa to sustain their immortality. We don't know much about the other Pantheons, but I would wager they are all in a similar boat. "

Sure they are, they originated literally from 'Earth' and its off spring. We are talking about crazy high concepts like demiurge, and Demiurge, cosmic, sentient Earth instiller of life forces, so when Demogorge regurgitated demonically turned Elder god, and those energies manifested in realms adjacent to, but still generally tied into and apart of Earth? Well, we still know where and how they came about, they are still tied to Earth, and gods and extra-dimensional beings aren't mutually exclusive terms anyhow?!?! Being worshipped is one of the chief definitions in regards to god/gods. The person you address, and your statements, and mine don't really contradict each other, its more about content. 

I agree outright with your second statement, well aside from immortality being relative anyway. 
    The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#67  Edited By The Mast

They said that about Civil War; "You don't need to read all of the tie-ins." Then you read Civil War: The Amazing Spider-Man and it changes everything.

If this is so steeped in the Asgardian culture, obviously Journey into Mystery must be pretty essential.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By TDK_1997

Fear Itself is a very good comic event.The last really cool Marvel event was Civil War.Secret Invasion wasn't that great,Dark Reign was okay and Siege was better than Secret Invasion but i didn't like it.

Branagin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#69  Edited By Branagin77

Sometimes Sara looks like she's thinking to herself... "WTF am I doing sitting here with these two Dorks"...

ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Juggernaut

No Caption Provided
    The Incredible Hulk
    The Incredible Hulk
    Hulk

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Grey Gargoyle

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Absorbing Man

No Caption Provided
    Titania with the Infinity Gem of Power
    Titania with the Infinity Gem of Power
    Titania

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Attuma
    ssj2DeadPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ssj2DeadPool

Do these guys get paid?  "yea um, I really liked the part where they talked about the housing crisis."   lol really? thanks for that awesome insight.  I would have never thought that you liked or disliked that.  How about telling us something interesting that we may not know?

MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#72  Edited By MTHarman
    @Branagin77 said:
    "Sometimes Sara looks like she's thinking to herself... "WTF am I doing sitting here with these two Dorks"... "

I've been reading body language for all my life to where I can simply tell what the person reactions are, ever since watching these video's I can't help but notice the same thing.

If i'm wrong on my theory about Miss Sara, then I would be absolutely surprised as to how this is the first time i've been wrong.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Very interesting video! Setting and artwork of this title look really cool to me - at least on first glance.

__AcE__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By __AcE__

No Caption Provided
    looks like a hammer 
    Rojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rojay

sorry but love the babe in this video, oohhh & her voice " the red skull " the way she pronounce it oh boy forgive me but i like her instead of the video

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.