fables87's Fatale: Pray For Rain #1 - Book Four review

• fables87 wrote this review on .
  • fables87 has written a total of 53 reviews. The last one was for Book 1
  • This review received 6 comments

Smells Like Lovecraft's Spirit

This was a lot better than the third volume. Things are finally starting to add up (kind of) and this volume wasn't so jumpy from the last one. In this volume, we start with Jo having problems remembering who she was. She has no memories from her past or even her name. She ends up naked in from of a 90s band's home in Seattle. They give her a new alias, Jane, and things start going out of hand quick. They soon discover Jo (Jane) is not like any other woman. She has special powers that are more deadly then she can handle.

What I like best about this volume is the story tell like all the other Fatale issues. Brubaker knows how to write luring women and a good noir as well. This also was great in the way they showed you the dark side of 90s grunge music days. It's very clear that the band in this book is a slight reference to Nirvana.

This book still has its Lovecraft meets film noir charm to it and I'm now expecting more in the next volume. I cannot look away for Josephine!

Posted by SavageDragon

Ive been picking up Fatale in singles since #1 and I loved this arc as well. So tragic but a great read. Looking forward to the final arc of the series!

Posted by fables87

@savagedragon said:

Wait it's ending? What issue? Or you just saying that for when it comes?

@fables87 said:

@savagedragon said:

Wait it's ending? What issue? Or you just saying that for when it comes?

Issue 24 is the last issue 20 just came out so 4 more issues.

Edited by fables87

@savagedragon: Damn! This and Fables are ending soon. Oh well. At least Image is making a ton of other titles for me to like and keep up with.

Posted by SavageDragon

@fables87: If your a fan of Brubaker and Phillips they announced they signed an unprecedented 5 year deal with Image to basically do whatever they want with total freedom. Right after Fatale ends their new project will start called "The Fade Out". Super nori just like they excel at. If you haven't read Incognito by Brubaker and Phillips I highly recommend it. Its one of my favorite crime stories ever.

Posted by fables87