Follow

Fatale #8

Fatale » Fatale #8 released by Image on October 2012.

Fatale #8

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By No_Name_

The Good

For a short while there I had begun to wonder what Suzy's true purpose in this story was, and now it's becoming a whole lot clearer. The last few issues of FATALE have gradually begun to unravel the mystery behind the woman who is Josephine. Beyond who she is, is the question of what she is; and the answer begins here, in FATALE #8.

Sean Philips, once again, delivers a stellar issue. Not only are the pencils in this issue of FATALE absolutely stunning, but the colors and the panel layouts are too. There's a great scene where one of the character's in the series thinks back to a monster he saw in his childhood. I love the crescendo in Philips' storytelling in that scene. He works up to the moment where the demon takes up an entire panel, and uses red and orange hues to demonstrate the tone in that scene. The panel layout becomes more jagged and less organized, and it only serves to reinforce this sentiment of absolute fear. It's really well done.

Although the reader is certainly getting to know who (and what) Josephine is, Brubaker makes a point never to show all of his cards. We still don't know for sure every detail about this character, leaving the reader in complete suspense of her identity and her motives. And as selfish as she seems to be, she does still -- to some extent-- have a conscience. She does feel a sense of guilt for her past (and present) transgressions, even if that doesn't stop her from doing what she wants to do.

Readers are also briefly introduced to a whole new character, and although he doesn't say much in this issue doesn't mean that makes him any less frightening.

The Bad

Nothing bad here. Beautiful comic and really interesting story.

The Verdict

This entire series has been fantastic so far, and this issue is not different. I love the build up of some of the scenes in this issue; I think it's executed with a lot of tact and finesse. Additionally, you have a story that is still mysterious. Beyond the mystery surrounding Josephine, there is the mystery of just how these characters are tied together and who they are. Once again, just as you think you know what's going on in this story, Brubaker takes a turn leaving you with more questions than answers and an urge to continue reading.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.