Follow

Fantomex

Character » Fantomex appears in 891 issues.

Fantomex is a highly evolved and technologically advanced mutate, developed by the Weapons Plus program to be Weapon Xlll. He is highly cunning, skilled in misdirection, and has a ship that is an extension of his nervous system named E.V.A.

Why Fantomex Should Return To Comics

• 77 results
    fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By fACEmelter88

Damn it all...bring him back

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@jl81790 said:

Nope. He's dead and I'd love for him to stay that way.

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ThePRez

for the people that are saying Spoilers ... just read uncanny x-force

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By No_Name_

@Webjaker said:

@Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog said:

Errrr.... bit spoilery guys.. I'm behind on X-Force so I haven't read the article but I'm guessing this means he dies :/

I'm normally not one to throw up a fuss on websites, but perhaps a title like 'Fantomex's future in Marvel comics [SPOILERS]' or something along those lines would be more appropriate....

100% agreed you forgot the spoilers tag

I hate to say it, guys, but it's been out for well over 2 weeks...

PrioritySeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By PrioritySeven

I usually hate it when characters die only to be brought back after a short time, but I dig Fantomex and I don't really care how he comes back as long as he comes back.

PeterRomeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PeterRomeo

How about Cable takes Genesis to the future trains him to be a soldier and all around good guy then brings him back to the present to save X-force? In all seriousness I would like to see Fantomex back in X-force I miss him already.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By butters911

Damn I shouldnt have read this article. Im behind a few issues on X force

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#59  Edited By SlamAdams

They already showed a possible future in Wolverine and the X-Men where Evan became Apocalypse and an adult Broo, Kid Guardian, Kid OMega, and Oya were facing off against him. I'm pretty sure that it will ultimately just be the Darth Vader story: He probably will go to the dark side, but maybe not, so we'll just have to look after him and see what happens.

Lorialet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lorialet

I really like Fantomex, in fact he's my favorite X-Force character, and i'd really like him to return, but I think Evan probably needs to make his own choices and evolve without Fantomex's influence for a while, if only to vindicate Fantomex's belief that the education and values he gave the kid will lead him toward goodness in spite of his genes. Fantomex would merely have too much direct influence over Evan's choices, I think. Jean-Philippe shouldn't get involved with Genesis' decision, but it would be nice if he came back to deal with the consequences, good or bad.

snikt_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By snikt_0
    Perhaps Fantomex is punking everyone. His mutation is misdirection. Maybe EVA is actually Jean Philippe right now, Betsy is in on it and the form that was killed (who we think was Fantomex) was a clone?

It's comics...they're heroes. With Evan, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Age old question Nature vs. Nurture. Remender has provided alot of material to be fleshed out. Remender has found his groove.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Or35ti

Maybe I should start reading Uncanny X-Force

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#63  Edited By Teerack

What is this article even talking about. Fantomex has been in X-force for like two years now. He died like a month ago... Let his death actually last and be worth something unlike all of the many other pointless deaths in comics.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Mercy_

@PrioritySeven said:

I usually hate it when characters die only to be brought back after a short time, but I dig Fantomex and I don't really care how he comes back as long as he comes back.

My thoughts as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantomex was always more style than substance, I never really could understand how he became a fan favorite even to the level he is. His attitude and personality is pretty much every smug Morrison / Ellis character created in the past decade.

That said, like any other character of sufficient popularity, he will be back soon enough

DoctorNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DoctorNemesis

Mystique: "Uchhh. I really, truly, hate you. I heard you were dead, Fantomex."

Fantomex: "I got better. I always do."

Worbbitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 121

#67  Edited By Worbbitt

SPOILERS

Right now, Fantomex is better death than alive. To save Genesis, EVA could continue with Fantomex's original plans about the child while Genesis brings "Uncle Cluster" back to live. But not as Fantomex, he must reborn as Apollyon the Destroyer, new Apocalypse's Horseman Death.

Full circle

Nice way to end his tragic tale while EVA tries to save Genesis from himself

Fascism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fascism

@Teerack said:

What is this article even talking about. Fantomex has been in X-force for like two years now. He died like a month ago... Let his death actually last and be worth something unlike all of the many other pointless deaths in comics.

I agree, his body isnt even cold yet

ppetrov83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ppetrov83

Evan a future villain? NO, Marvel are just building his story strong to be their own Superman! A descent one though, not like rip-offs like Sentry or Hyperion. And yes, Fantomex will return to help him go in the right direction

ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ALittleTooRaph

I hope he stays dead. I was very happy to see him go.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By kagato

@ppetrov83 said:

Evan a future villain? NO, Marvel are just building his story strong to be their own Superman! A descent one though, not like rip-offs like Sentry or Hyperion. And yes, Fantomex will return to help him go in the right direction

I would love to see Evan become a dark Marvel version of Superman, he has a lot of potential as either a good character constantly fighting with his own demons or an Anti Hero. I dont want to see him just become Apocalypse again, there are other ways to bring that character back, hell id love to see Genesis face off against Apocalypse at some point but not at the expense of Evans far more interesting role.

As for Fantomex, i would be happy to see him return and serve as a way to keep Evan on the straight and narrow, however, wouldnt it be more interesting for X23 to befriend and teach him right from wrong? Both have been wronged by Wolverine one way or another, maybe she could help him realise (like she did) that hes not some soul-less monster but a very much alive person with a lot to live for.

stambo42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By stambo42

I'm for keeping folks dead too, but I really think Fantomex was one of the best characters Marvel had going for it. As a man of mystery and mixed morals, he had so much going for him. He reminded me of when Wolverine was cool. The only benefit to him being dead is him not being in a dozen ongoing books with wildly different or wholly absent characterization. Eva 2.0 doesn't do much for me, and neither does AoA Nightcrawler. The main thing to think about though, is that Remender is a arc man, and he makes choices to serve the story. It is interesting to see him die with so many things unresolved, how many of us will get the luxury of a fully resolved death? The main obstacles to his return at this point seem to be Evan and more so Betsy. It would be really hard to write the two of them on a shared team at this point, and I could get awkwardly stagnant fast. If he doesn't come back under Remender, to serve his purposes, I don't think he should come back.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ogg927

I hadn't read X-men, X-factor in years, things have really changed. I looked at Wolverine and the X-men and saw Evan I thought, OK cool. Is Fantomex a cool character? He reminds me of Midnighter from Stormwatch.

Anti_Reality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Anti_Reality

Let's see if he will come back or not... Time will tell. 

Avatar image for bob_loblaws_law_blog
    Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamDamage said:

@Bob_Loblaws_Law_Blog: he died 3 issues back. I understand about getting spoiled on something recent, but Marvel has been kicking these issues out pretty quickly. It was time to talk about Fantomex's death.

@Babs:

Ya thats cool and people should talk about it. I'm just saying that in the future maybe a more abstract title, like I suggested before something along the lines of "The future of Fantomex" would be much better, it would allow for a full discussion of the character, but it's not spoiling anything for people like me who are a few weeks behind on Uncanny X-men, I mean I tend to stay away from the forums precisely because I don't want anything spoiled, this is the front page of the site afterall, and this death isn't like The Human Torch or Spider-Man where Marvel has freakin press releases about it.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HushoftheWind

If any of you read the last uncanny x force you're in for a treat.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#77  Edited By x_29

Ugh, this article. Though if you have read the last issue of UXF you will be happy for one particular reason.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Annnd its 2013 he's back!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.