What if he met ever met a god?

#1 Posted by Mr. Dead Pool (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

Since he has nano-tech in his head that makes it physically impossible for him to believe in anything greater than himself like a god, what would happen if he met Thor or Ares? Would he deny they exist or what?

#2 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

honestly i think most real people would deny the existence of a god if it came right up to them
or anything else that didn't fit some level of learned perception, as it's one of the minds defence
mechanisms, so being technical about it he really should. Then again he's a comic character
and theres gods running around all over his universe. I suspect he would acknowledge them
as just another being, and not consider nor believe they had an influence on his own fate
given the nano-tech.

#3 Posted by Resilient (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
" Since he has nano-tech in his head that makes it physically impossible for him to believe in anything greater than himself like a god, what would happen if he met Thor or Ares? Would he deny they exist or what? "
What purpose does tech preventing his belief serve?
#4 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio
@Resilient:  it was a plot device for one comic i think
#5 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1539 posts) - - Show Bio
@Resilient:  the only thing  can think of would be to increase his confidence, making him believe himself capable of rising to any challenge. the problem is, he'd believe he could bring down thor or thanos all by himself. it was a plot device to let him and Noh-Varr shut down weapon XVI i believe.
#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he would thinkn that they are just interdimensional beings.

#7 Posted by SC (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

He would rationalize it. Its really a matter of semantics anyway, (as he might believe) since characters like Thor and Hercules existed in an era when god was roughly thought to be known as Ghudho-m. So the concept predates the word obviously, so its not that he might deny that they exist, its more he might question the definition of god in this instance. My creepy fat bald, next door neighbor is the God of Cougars for example. Self proclaimed but he has many followers. Plus great power. Hey, who am I to judge? 

Moderator
#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" He would rationalize it. Its really a matter of semantics anyway, (as he might believe) since characters like Thor and Hercules existed in an era when god was roughly thought to be known as Ghudho-m. So the concept predates the word obviously, so its not that he might deny that they exist, its more he might question the definition of god in this instance. My creepy fat bald, next door neighbor is the God of Cougars for example. Self proclaimed but he has many followers. Plus great power. Hey, who am I to judge?  "
You're the Goddamn Batman... 
 
Does that not work everywhere? Oh I just assumed, I see it everywhere, thought it would work. 
 
But yeah Fantomex would most likely say Thor and them are just aliens that have had convergent evolution(whatever it's called when two different species develop similar traits)
#9 Posted by TheGreatOne (274 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd probabbly try to kill them...........
#10 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Resilient: Those who have faith base power are also unable to reach him I guess
#11 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

He would probably just rationize it as a deluded superbeing.  He obviously couldn't deny the existence of someone like Thor or Ares, but he can deny classifying them as gods.

#12 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" He would probably just rationize it as a deluded superbeing.  He obviously couldn't deny the existence of someone like Thor or Ares, but he can deny classifying them as gods. "
This.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.