Awesome Toy Picks: 'Marvel Legends' Fantomex

Posted by G-Man (30657 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've been reading UNCANNY X-FORCE, then you know Fantomex is becoming more and more popular. He had his first appearance in Grant Morrison's NEW X-MEN #128 and wasn't exactly the most likable character in the beginning. Perhaps that was just part of his charm.

With the return of the Marvel Legends line of action figures from Hasbro, one of the first figures in the new line is Fantomex. He's finally made it to the big time.

As with past series, this is part of a "build a figure." Buying all the figures lets you build an Arnim Zola figure.

The back of the package offers a nice big flashy drawing of Fantomex. Usually the backs are covered with text or pictures of other figures or accessories you can buy. You do get to see the other figures in the line but they don't take up all of the back.

== TEASER ==

Inside, besides the figure and piece of Zola, you get a piece of paper that has some of Arnim Zola's records as well as a diagram of how to put all the pieces together.

What about the figure?

As with past Marvel Legends figures, there is a great amount of detail and articulation. This is a figure you can really play with. We're also getting high quality figures from Diamond Select's Marvel Select line. The main difference is these seem to have more playability while the Marvel Select ones are more for displaying. But it really comes down to the figure and what you want to get out of it. We're pretty lucky to be getting figures from both companies now.

The figure is capable of standing on his own. That's one of the big tests in my opinion. Fantomex's coat is a little back heavy but depending on where you position him, it can sometimes be used as a cheat to help put him in different poses. But with all the different articulation, getting to stand just right isn't too much of a problem.

I did find the guns could be a bit of a pain. More so, it was the gun in his left hand. It kept falling out from time to time. It will stay in. You have to get his finger on the trigger and just try not to jostle him too much. A minor problem considering how cool he looks overall.

The more I look at the figure, the more I'm happy I picked him up.

That's it for this week's look. What are your thoughts on the Marvel Legends line? Have you picked any of them up? Be sure to look for the next installment (as I figure out what I'll get my hands on next).

Staff
#1 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

sacre bleu!

#2 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

I need that figure in my life.

#3 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

These new Marvel Legends are awesome. Sad thing is, my Target never keeps them stocked up and my Toys R Us doesn't stock them AT ALL!

If I want 'em, seems that the internet is my only solution.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that figure! Awesome! The last shot with Fantomex facing the camera is sweet.

#5 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImperiousRix said:

These new Marvel Legends are awesome. Sad thing is, my Target never keeps them stocked up and my Toys R Us doesn't stock them AT ALL!

If I want 'em, seems that the internet is my only solution.

i havnt seen any at either store :-(

fanty looks like storm shadow with a coat :-P

#6 Posted by deadpool25mm (579 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool .

#7 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm trying to remember, has he always looked like that? Or is that just his X-Force uniform?

#8 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3712 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool...

I`m looking at you.

Yes. YOU.

#9 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing about Buying action Figures, is always bad guys! when you buy actions figures, you want to play with them! SHow Luke, hat the empire could kick his butt, and storm Troopers don't go down easy.

But with the bad guys you only get one! one Storm Trooper, does not equal Luke Skywalker, one Foot Solider does not equal Ninja Turtle, One mouser does not equal one Foot soilder. That is why i say the Bad thing about Action Figures the bad guys!

#10 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

I luckily found it at the local Toys r us. I'm not a fan of his, but this figure is sweet.

#11 Posted by wmwadeii (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why but I still dont' like the leg ball and socket joints. Same as the Diamond Spider-Woman Figure. Maybe its been that long since I've owned an action figure but I could have sworn they used to do it better.

#12 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
This is a conspiracy.
#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (36439 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd definitely shell out cash for the Drax figure.

That said, I'm still waiting to find this one.

Staff
#14 Edited by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

sacre bleu!

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY SH*T I BOUGHT THAT JUST YESTERDAY AT A COMIC CON!

#16 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i have two of these! one displayed one mint lol

#17 Posted by whiteknight67 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

He scares me...is that weird?

#18 Posted by DeusVult (83 posts) - - Show Bio

A work of art!!!

#19 Posted by longbowhunter (6792 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428 said:

I'm trying to remember, has he always looked like that? Or is that just his X-Force uniform?

I just picked up some of his early appearances in New X-Men #129 and #130 yesterday. He was wearing all white and a much bulkier head piece.

#20 Posted by longbowhunter (6792 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fantomex and Bucky Cap were the only figures I bought out of this wave. I'm really excited for the Archangel and Punisher in wave 3.

#21 Posted by thatlad (592 posts) - - Show Bio

I never bother with figures but seeing this made me go to my amazon wishlist and finally buy that Grant Morrison omnibus 2 x-men book that's been sitting there for about 2 years....then realised fantomex is book 3

#22 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

Hitting target...buying NOW!!!

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this as my profile avi. Pleeeeeeeeeease? :)

#24 Posted by RigorMortis (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Monsieur LePew

#25 Posted by Namor1987 (1883 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex, drax, & madame masque are the only 1s that interest me.

#26 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex is awesome! I just wish he was an actual mutant instead of an artificially evolved human :(

#27 Posted by The Impersonator (5057 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

sacre bleu!

#28 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex was one of the weakest in the wave.

Check out the BAF, Arnim Zola. He's spectacular. Also, Bucky Cap, Daken and FF Spider-Man are so fun to pose.

#29 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

I have this.

Ohohohohohohohoho.

#30 Posted by revbucky (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish they had these when I was a kid.

#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolute AWEsome !

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (57784 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

BB

#33 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

The Fantomex and Bucky Cap were the only figures I bought out of this wave. I'm really excited for the Archangel and Punisher in wave 3.

Archangel is just slated to be released sometime in 2012 - not necessarily in in wave 3.

#34 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

yes.

#35 Posted by Boogiepop (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@Watcherg6: I know what you mean in terms of Star Wars toys or something. But with Marvel, aren't there alot of villain toys you could get to fight against Fantomex?

#36 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

nice poses

#37 Posted by Watcherg6 (263 posts) - - Show Bio

@Boogiepop: Maybe Doom Bots? or Aim Figures? Well the Red ghost? Shield Agents? The Wrecking Crew? hmmmm Marvel dosent have many henchmen dose it?

#38 Posted by jonnystorm777 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

This Fantomex figure is awesome. I have been waiting for them to make one for a while. One of my favorite newer characters.

#39 Posted by OriginalVenom (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, this one is really good. The only thing I wasnt happy with was his boots (they could have made it a little bit thicker) and how gentle his legs seemed to be whenever you toggle it a bit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.