Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Your Favorite incarnation of Fantastic Four and why?

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By micahparadise

What incarnation (minus the all the original team) is your favorite and why?

My two favorites are the addition of She hulk replacing Ben

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and Spiderman replacing human torch in FF

No Caption Provided

manifestpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By manifestpanda

Other than the Dwayne McDuffie run with Storm and Black Panther taking over for Reed and Sue (Very cool choices, and I've heard Hickman say this particular story inspired parts of his run and is basically a preamble to the start of Solve Everything) I think that's about it.

No Caption Provided

The What if and the issue #348 versions are the only other incarnations of the four that I can really think of... and regardless of how charming and ridiculous the character selection for 348 was, they're not exactly canon variations.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Fun fact. All of them, including the Mcduffie version, are called the new fantastic four. "Newer" for the What If you wanna get technical, and this is a comic book forum so why not?

manifestpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By manifestpanda

I knew I forgot about one, and the first replacement to boot. Crystal of the Inhumans was a part of the team when Sue was pregnant with Franklin.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As long as we're not counting Fractions future foundation or the cancelled Ultimate FF team then I think that's it. I'm curious to see if there were other major times the team went through a roster change, I know Johnny's ex Frankie Raye was on the team for a while as a fifth member before Galactus chose her as a herald.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.