Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5742 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

wow this board has ghost in it.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I came here to see what people thought of the new movie and how the comic was being handled.

The land of the Fantastic four is a wasteland of dust and sand.

Does anybody intend to see the movie because I think I will pass on it.

Maybe on day they will get the team right. I seen nothing wrong with the old team other then the mess up with the SS.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@arthurkerr: Yea, sadly there is not a lot of action on this board.

I have been enjoying the latest book by Robinson and Kirk. I think they are doing a tremendous job at incorporating the historical pieces of the FF in their big sendoff. The last couple issues have been a little slower though, but I have faith that they will end it in a satisfactory way.

I'm still very excited about seeing the movie. A lot of it is nervous excitement, as I think that there is as good of a chance that I will leave the theaters extremely angry as I will be thrilled with what I see. My thought has always been that it will be a good movie, but I bad FF movie. Since the trailer release, I have been thinking that it might be a better FF movie than I had thought. Most of the negative things released about the movie have been rumors. The main points of contention that have come from the lips of the actors/director is that they were told not to read any of the books, did not base it off a specific storyline and the changes to Doom. Since they are using the Ultimate U as their reference, I can see why they would do that. I still have faith that they can pull this off, and I am very excited to see what they put on the screen, good or bad.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F4 have always been my favorite, but I stopped reading years ago b/c of budget, kids, job, time, what-have-you. Now that my oldest is getting to the age where comic books could be a "thing", (bam! dad pun activated!), I'm really sad to see that the comics themselves might be getting sunsetted because of a movie deal.

But what about the movies...

Truth be told, I own both of Fox's F4 movie attempts, and watch them once or twice a year (typically while doing something else, like painting or cleaning). I know they're horrible, but they're horrible in a way that I still find them fun to watch. So am I excited for the next one? Heck yes! Will I see it in the theater? Doubt it! But will I buy it eventually when its on sale and put it into the rotation? You betcha.

Sigh.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arthurkerr

I think they would be wise to do a network of shows that tie the city of New York together and fill the time slot with those shows. Fantastic four , Spiderman , Hulk etc. You could have them all doing things and working out problems as a huge network of people just like the comics.

The thing is and I think this is the problem with all shows. Have a villain for the season , work on relationships between characters and above all else make it a story to enjoy and not one filled with shockers or in this case a bunch of shows tied together to show a purpose. Then they could make money selling the dvds , comics and etc. I would bet money it would work and it would work well.

You could even have events every two years or so annuals per say and spin offs it would be a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.