Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Why is Thing immortal, but not Mr Fantastic?

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ExtraLarge

As recently shown in Fantastic Four, Thing does not age when he's in his rocky form. Why is this? It has been shown in the past that Thing is flesh and blood underneath a rocky exterior. (He once got sliced by Wolverine). If his insides are normal, they should age normal. A better candidate for immortality would be Mr. Fantastic. Plastic Man has been alive for more than 3,000 years with no signs of aging. While Reed and Plas are not identical, they are similar enough to wonder if Reed is as durable. Sure he's got a little gray on the sides, but I believe he had that when he became Mr Fantastic.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I don't think that Thing's aging was a result of his cosmic mutation...the way I understood his aging is a result of the stuff that the kids gave him to revert to being human for that one week out of the year

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Thin's aging is a result of his mutation, so he only ages when he reverts to his human form.

Mr Fantastic =/= Plastic man.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

@ReVamp said:

Thin's aging is a result of his mutation, so he only ages when he reverts to his human form.

Mr Fantastic =/= Plastic man.

that makes more sense than my thoughts

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

He does age in rock form just much more slowly than a normal human

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@joshmightbe said:

He does age in rock form just much more slowly than a normal human

that's what i think too like wolverine.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.