Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

What Are The Chances Of A Fantastic Four 3?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    The Fantastic Four movies didn't come out as they should have.  I know there are lots of people that really really didn't like them.  I liked parts of them.  Some things were done well.  Unfortunately it wasn't all done well.  Could we expect to see a third movie?  Chris Evans (the Human Torch and lead dude in the upcoming PUSH) told Sci Fi Wire what we all expected to hear.
    "No, I don't think we're doing another one.  I think we're done. I think if they were going to do another one, you would have heard something. It's been a while since the second one, and those films usually come pretty quick, one after the next. I kind of think they're going to close the book on that one. It's too bad. I had a fun time making them."
    It is a shame.  There was so much potential with the Fantastic Four.  There's been so many great story arcs that I would've loved to see.  Maybe if a few years Marvel will decide to try to start over. 
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I think instead of making the movies silly and cartoony, they should get a serious Sci-Fi writer/director to make it and just aim it at an older audience.  After all the Fantastic Four is supposed to be the most science based comic in the marvel universe.

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marvel Knight

That sucks!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Anything is better than that Roger Corman classic

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By speedlgt

I had no problem with both films granted I am not a FF fan nor reader but I thought they both were ok I liked the second one more

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    Aw Wow... I would not have mind seeing another FF film...
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have to say I'm surprised by the reaction here.  I thought everyone would be overjoyed that there wasn't going to be a third movie.  It's good to hear that people haven't lost their faith in the FF.  Like I said, maybe Marvel will get things together and learn from what didn't work.

mrenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrenb

G-Man you said it well, there were good points and bad points in each movie.  Like Red L.A.M.P. said, the Fantastic Four is the most science (fiction) based comic in Marvel's repertoire, so a director with the chops to present a FF with cosmic themes would be awesome.  Who could fill those shoes?  There are plenty of great stories from which to choose, and I'd definitely re-cast everyone.  I like Chiklis, but even I have to say, the man was too short for the part of the Thing and the actor for Doom....no way.  His voice alone wasn't right.  

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

They really dropped the ball with Doom.  He should've looked waaaaay better.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey

I hoped for a third..... especially with the whole Jessica Alba wanting to be pregnant in the movie.

Actually comparing with all the Marvel films (Iron man and Incredible Hulk excluded) I always found something wrong with the movie or something that I didn't like.... With the FF films, well It's not like they became my favorite movies but I still couldn't find many things wrong with it.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

No comic movie made by Fox? Excuse me if I don't cry

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sora_thekey
    Nighthunter said:
    "No comic movie made by Fox? Excuse me if I don't cry"

I agree with X-Men but what was wrong with FF????
    Avatar image for en_sabah_nur_apocalypse_
    En_Sabah_Nur(Apocalypse)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok ill make my voice heard

I am bummed that their wont be anymore FF movies but the other part of me is overjoyed. Because alot of the movies spat in us Comic fans faces with alot of what they did within the movies, the script sucked on both movies. The Only thing going for either movie was the graphics, ill say Surfer was awesome to watch. BUT surfer wasnt a big enemy or ally to the FF in the beginnigns it was more Dr Doom and i wanted to see more of him in the second movie rather than "MWUAHAHAHA IM GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD IN A TOTAL OF FIVE SCENES HAHAHA" yeah sucked

The casting for the movies wasnt half bad i mean Chris,Julian, and Micheal were cool castings for the parts.

But Ian,Jessica, and well everyone else i didnt enjoy.

So if they wait a few years an bring it up again, I think they need to actually read the comics an find actors that fit the parts of Reed an Sue. But gah this is just a irritated fan speakin

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    En_Sabah_Nur(Apocalypse) said:
    "Ok ill make my voice heard

I am bummed that their wont be anymore FF movies but the other part of me is overjoyed. Because alot of the movies spat in us Comic fans faces with alot of what they did within the movies, the script sucked on both movies. The Only thing going for either movie was the graphics, ill say Surfer was awesome to watch. BUT surfer wasnt a big enemy or ally to the FF in the beginnigns it was more Dr Doom and i wanted to see more of him in the second movie rather than "MWUAHAHAHA IM GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD IN A TOTAL OF FIVE SCENES HAHAHA" yeah sucked

The casting for the movies wasnt half bad i mean Chris,Julian, and Micheal were cool castings for the parts.

So if they wait a few years an bring it up again, I think they need to actually read the comics an find actors that fit the parts of Reed an Sue. But gah this is just a irritated fan speakin"
    Time for old angry-face to step in:

Sorry guys, the films weren't entirely made for you. They were largely made for the general public. The script in no way "sucked" for both movies. If it "sucked" so bad, why did it get made? I have a problem with people that say that. Do you have a copy of the script? Did you read it? rewrites happen everyday on set, mostly at the discretion of the director, things change a lot. They were made again, for mass audiences, and were lightened up to make is a PG film however. These are essentially kids films, and you know what? They were a lot of fun. I don't care what anyone says, Galactus was done perfectly. That's right, perfectly, and I'm a Galactus purist. Giant man in space with purple armor will not translate to film well. Space entity will.

However, I do think they dropped the ball on Doom, but that's the angry nerd in me screaming in pain....heartburn.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    En_Sabah_Nur(Apocalypse) said:

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH JESSICA ALBA??????
    Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crazy_Eights
    inferiorego said:
    "En_Sabah_Nur(Apocalypse) said:

So if they wait a few years an bring it up again, I think they need to actually read the comics an find actors that fit the parts of Reed an Sue. But gah this is just a irritated fan speakin"

Sorry guys, the films weren't entirely made for you. They were largely made for the general public. The script in no way "sucked" for both movies. If it "sucked" so bad, why did it get made? I have a problem with people that say that. Do you have a copy of the script? Did you read it? rewrites happen everyday on set, mostly at the discretion of the director, things change a lot. They were made again, for mass audiences, and were lightened up to make is a PG film however. These are essentially kids films, and you know what? They were a lot of fun. I don't care what anyone says, Galactus was done perfectly. That's right, perfectly, and I'm a Galactus purist. Giant man in space with purple armor will not translate to film well. Space entity will.

However, I do think they dropped the ball on Doom, but that's the angry nerd in me screaming in pain....heartburn."
    I get ya on most of what you said an agree with most. But gah Galactus wasnt the first thing to piss me off but oh well leas theri done with the movies
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Crazy_Eights said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "En_Sabah_Nur(Apocalypse) said:

However, I do think they dropped the ball on Doom, but that's the angry nerd in me screaming in pain....heartburn."
    I get ya on most of what you said an agree with most. But gah Galactus wasnt the first thing to piss me off but oh well leas theri done with the movies"
    It would be laughable on the big screen if done as he was in the comic. I hate to say it, but their version was a lot more realistic and sci-fi based.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gmanfromheck

I still think it looks like Galactus' shadow in the trailer.

Inthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Inthedark

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH JESSICA ALBA??????

Her coloring (ethnic background was all wrong for sue storm) and the badly dyed hair for one.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have to agree.  You can argue that an actress is an actress and they don't have to necessarily look identical to the comic if they can pull off the role.  It's like when they got Michael Clarke Duncan to play the Kingpin.  But even though I don't mind a movie with Jessica Alba, she just didn't feel right.  That's right, I said feel.  I was then told to keep my hands to myself.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I thought Duncan was the only good part of Daredevil. He looked the part, the only difference was his hue.

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I think they could show people The New Fantastic four(Hulk,Spider-Man,Wolverine,and Ghost Rider) in
    Fantastic Four 3 The Movie. After all this super hero team is the replacements for the original Fantastic Four.
    These heroes could be in the movie.The only problem is that someone will have to bring them together like what Nick Fury did in Ultimate Avengers  The animated movies.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Maelstrom

As it's no secret on the Vine that I am a massive Fantastic Four fan here are my two cents on the movies. I enjoyed both movies. Of course I knew they could have been WAY better but I took them for what they were... Hollywood productions. They may have gotten Marvel's okay to be made but they were made with the hopes of making money and drawing in the general public to the movie theaters. They were cheesy and I enjoyed them. I loved Chris Evans as the Human Torch he was by far the best choice in the casting. I also enjoyed Chiklis as the Thing. Alba and Gruffudd weren't my first choices for Sue (as it's also no secret that I love the Invisible Woman) and Reed but they did a decent job with what they were given. Could they have done better with the script? Definitely! The Fantastic Four is filled with rich stories and history and they could have gone in so many directions that would have made me fangirl like crazy. Could they have been as true to the original comics as when the Spider-Man movie came out? Of course, but then I suffer no illusions that Spider-Man is the "it" character of Marvel and they'd want to please those fans before everyone else.

The Fantastic Four movies were made to be fun and have a good time and even if I may not have agreed with every little choice I had a good time. Watching Evans as the Torch were always the highlights for me. That being said I have conflicting emotions, I am sad and relieved that there may not be a third film in the works! I'd have LOVED to see Sue pregnant with Franklin and I would have been even more psyched if they kept somewhat to the original comics for that period in time and have brought in the Negative Zone and Annihilus in as the main villain! And at the same time relieved because I'd have feared how'd they make Annihilus look if they went down that rout. In the end though, what can you do? Maybe Marvel Studios will decide to "retcon" the Fantastic Four movies and make them close to the comics as they have those liberties. That's probably wishful thinking on my part though. Haha!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
    I would not have mine seeing Namor in a FF 3 film...
    The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The Psyentist

Yeah, Namor would be awesome.

I was sad they made Doom too...human. Too sociopathic. He just like killed people...and joked about it. And I would have liked an accent. But despite my dislike for the way Doom was portrayed, he's still the only reason I watch those movies.

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Tainted-Cell

This is one of those times where a reboot would be a good thing. Problem is, Fox isn't so much into rebooting their franchises.
    I'm certainly no expert, but I would have liked to have seen a Ghostbusters approach to the Fantastic Four. The whole origin story could seriously pass by in a matter of seconds in a dream sequence or what have you, and then the script wouldn't have been so bogged down trying to adjust to an origin story... the characters could move on like they've been doing this for a while and are used to it.
    That said, the second movie WAS much better than the first, and if they kept at it, I wouldn't mind seeing a third one with the Inhumans. Probably too much storytelling for the writers to handle though.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By Meteorite

The FF movies were pretty good if you asked me, and there are so many more villains/plots they could use for more. The problems I had with the movies were:

• Silver Surfer DOES NOT get his powers from his board. That's just lame.
    • Galactus was a giant dust cloud. Scary.
    • Doom shouldn't have had the power to shoot lasers
    • The Human Torch was way too cocky and would it have killed them to make his hair blonde like in the comics
    They're the points I didn't like.
    Overkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Overkill
    Meteorite said:
    "The FF movies were pretty good if you asked me, and there are so many more villains/plots they could use for more. The problems I had with the movies were:
    • Silver Surfer DOES NOT get his powers from his board. That's just lame.
    • Galactus was a giant dust cloud. Scary.
    • Doom shouldn't have had the power to shoot lasers
    • The Human Torch was way too cocky and would it have killed them to make his hair blonde like in the comics
    They're the points I didn't like."
    Agreed, mostly. Especially that board thing was very annoying but in my opinion, F4 movies are full of crap. I'm just gonna wait for remakes..
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By HaloKing343

Good thing. That movie series was a failure since the second instalment. The first movie was great but the second was too much designed for a kid audience. I didn't like it. The new movie wasn't serious enough and it just got too dorky.

ashe23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ashe23

I think the Fantastic Four movies were like the first few Batman movies - just didn't have the right tone.  Although the Silver Surfer was well done...

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Green ankh

FF was like the Speed Racer movie. I wanted one so bad for so long and we get crap.

I wish they would not have made them cuz now there will never be a GOOD one made.

It took four bad batman films to get a good one. Teh first Superman was the only good one and we got four more poor ones.

I dislike the X-Men movies but Wolverine looks good.  Lets face it the chance of a good Comic film is slim.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By King_Saturn
    The Psyentist said:
    "Yeah, Namor would be awesome.

I was sad they made Doom too...human. Too sociopathic. He just like killed people...and joked about it. And I would have liked an accent. But despite my dislike for the way Doom was portrayed, he's still the only reason I watch those movies."
    True Indeed
    Skellex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Skellex

They both sucked. Although Laurence Fishburne did play a good Silver Surfer.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By G'bandit

Please no.... They mess up Silver Surfer.. Got incredibly powerful character and turn him to a tool owner.. Psssh! He is nothing without the board... What kind of S*&* was that!

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By scuzz2.0

if they reboot this the franchise i think the should cast

Reed- Aaron Eckhart ?
    Sue- Charlize Theron
    Johnny- Chris evans (the only good thing about the first 2)
    Ben- david morse
    Doom- Liam Neeson

if they ever get around to making it then those guys would probably be to old!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By brendon277

If they do make another one they should have a different director and writer. And with every comic movie they should have a true comic lover who knows about the charecter that should help write the story arc.

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By brendon277
    @Inthedark:
    I liked to see her. Susan Storm is known as "Beautiful" and Jessica Alba is beautiful. She played a really good roll as her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.