Top ten FF stories or scenes you wish were erased.

#1 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the top ten moments or whole story lines that you wish were gone from continuity?

#2 Posted by Hyper_God (919 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed's sexist treatments of Sue .

#3 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Valeria Richards
  2. Franklin Richards
  3. Human Torch dying. Totally pointless. He was back in a year. 
  4. Reed and Sue getting married. She deserves better.

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

#4 Posted by Hyper_God (919 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

  1. Valeria Richards
  2. Franklin Richards
  3. Human Torch dying. Totally pointless. He was back in a year.
  4. Reed and Sue getting married. She deserves better.

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Explain yourself .

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Uh... what?

I'm out of the loop on this one.

Explain.

#6 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Uh... what?

I'm out of the loop on this one.

Explain.

Things one learns from Bendis' comics; 
Everyone who is scarred must be evil and ridiculed.  
Anyone with a mental illness is a danger to society, evil and should be killed.  
Women are vastly inferior to men and exist only for sexual pleasure and to be mocked for the enjoyment of males.   
 
@Hyper_God said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

  1. Valeria Richards
  2. Franklin Richards
  3. Human Torch dying. Totally pointless. He was back in a year.
  4. Reed and Sue getting married. She deserves better.

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Explain yourself .

Reality warper. Reality warpers and boring and plot-powered, more often than not just acting as Deus Ex Machina. This is especially true for Franklin "Pocket Universe" Richards.
#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: I meant, how did Ultimate Richards get destroyed?

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Oh, lol, sorry.  
 
Bendis turned him psychotic, had him attempt to kill his family, train a bunch of bio-weapon child soldiers, he was partially incinerated by Human Torch and was the cause of countless deaths.  
 
With absolutely zero reason why. He just went nuts. Because Bendis is a cretin who has no idea how to write anything.
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123: Oh, lol, sorry. Bendis turned him psychotic, had him attempt to kill his family, train a bunch of bio-weapon child soldiers, he was partially incinerated by Human Torch and was the cause of countless deaths. With absolutely zero reason why. He just went nuts. Because Bendis is a cretin who has no idea how to write anything.

.........................................

What.

#10 Posted by SoA (4592 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: ultimate marvel

#11 Posted by Hyper_God (919 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Hyper_God said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

  1. Valeria Richards
  2. Franklin Richards
  3. Human Torch dying. Totally pointless. He was back in a year.
  4. Reed and Sue getting married. She deserves better.

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Explain yourself .

Reality warper. Reality warpers and boring and plot-powered, more often than not just acting as Deus Ex Machina. This is especially true for Franklin "Pocket Universe" Richards.

How does any of that make him boring ? Plus Marvel has a vast plethora of insanely overpowered characters . Also , Hickman's run has seen more character development for Franklin than any previous run has .

#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hyper_God said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Hyper_God said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

  1. Valeria Richards
  2. Franklin Richards
  3. Human Torch dying. Totally pointless. He was back in a year.
  4. Reed and Sue getting married. She deserves better.

ULTIMATE REED'S CHARACTER BEING DESTROYED. SCREW YOU, BENDIS, YOU MASTER RACE-LOVING SON OF A B*TCH!

Explain yourself .

Reality warper. Reality warpers and boring and plot-powered, more often than not just acting as Deus Ex Machina. This is especially true for Franklin "Pocket Universe" Richards.

How does any of that make him boring ? Plus Marvel has a vast plethora of insanely overpowered characters . Also , Hickman's run has seen more character development for Franklin than any previous run has .

How does being a Deus Ex Machina make him boring? Gee, I have no idea =T  
 
Did I say those insanely overpowered characters were good and should stay? No. Get rid of all of them. Reality warpers (that aren't Living Tribunal level or higher) are a cancer to the creativity of the industry, and a crutch for lazy writing.
#13 Posted by Billy Batson (56850 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction's upcoming stories.
BB

#14 Posted by Hyper_God (919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Fraction's upcoming stories.
BB

This . Fraction is going to butcher the F4/FF franchise .

#15 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree 100% too many reality warpers. Ppl just don't seem to get that a reality warper = God... Not Thor/Hercules/Odin/Zues but thee God and can flat out just delete everything in existence. Just doesn't make sense to have so many of them let alone having humans with the power. .... To answer the question I really can't think of any big important thing to change other than adjusting their personalities a bit. I'd like Reed to be less of a douche .. Actually add them all to that.

#16 Posted by Reignmaker (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction's upcoming stories.
BB


This . Fraction is going to butcher the F4/FF franchise .

Does that crow taste delicious?

Fraction's Fantastic Four has been decent, and his FF has been...well...fantastic!

#17 Posted by Onemoreposter (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

Fraction's upcoming stories.
BB

@hyper_god said:

This . Fraction is going to butcher the F4/FF franchise .

Does that crow taste delicious?

Fraction's Fantastic Four has been decent, and his FF has been...well...fantastic!

This made me LOL. Personally, I've really enjoyed Fractions FF work. I also really enjoy most of Bendis's stuff, which is sort of ironic since he's the big go to guy at Marvel and I HATE the big go to guy over at DC (lookin at you Johns....)

#18 Posted by Twitless (35 posts) - - Show Bio

@onemoreposter: You can't be serious. I don't think that all of Fraction's work is bad, but his "work" on the Fantastic lines has been atrocious.

Case in point: His characterization of Dr. Doom. Under Hickman, Doom evolved as a character, beyond his silver age roots, to a thoughtful and reflective, if not still arrogant, man. The conclusion of the Parliament of Doom had him creating, not destroying, a universe, basically acting like a god in his own little parallel universe. He decides that this is "beneath him." Hickman's Doom, like the evolution of Magneto, sees these villains transform into flawed, complex antiheroes, whose agendas are not entirely evil.

Fraction, on the other hand, reduces Doom to the raving, silly lunatic he was when he was first introduced in the '60s. It's a disgusting regression of Hickman's painfully plotted development, and it's embarrassing to read. Perhaps Fraction's overall work shines in other places, but there are numerous examples of him writing empty garbage like Unfixable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.