Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5740 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

The Council *SPOILERS*

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Anyone reading the Fantastic Four? Well, last month we were introduced to the Council, a group of dozens of alternate reality Reed Richards'. They plan to 'solve everything.' Not all of them have the same powers as 616 Reed, some have Ultimate Nullifiers and even at least three have Infinity Gauntlets.

So what I was thinking since last month is 'How could such a force ever be defeated?' I think maybe we got the answer in the newest issue.

No Caption Provided
    They call it the 'Hole.' It is where they keep the Dr. Doom's over various realities. They claim that the higher brain functions have been wiped out, leaving only a shell. But what if another Doctor Doom was able to find them? Could he possibly revive them and we have a war of Reeds and Dooms? Or is that the simple answer?

What do you think? Too simple? What do you think will happen and who could stop the Council if it needed to be stopped?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Am I the only one reading this?

info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By info nation
    @jloneblackheart: Nope.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @info nation: any thoughts then?
    info nation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By info nation
    @jloneblackheart: A war between Victor Von Dooms and Reed Richards? Heaven help the universe!
    box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By box turtle

Oh, this will be cool.   
    I'n still wondering though, if the Reeds have infinity gauntlets, who can stop them?  Unless, of course, the Dooms have infinity gauntlet's too.   
    Doom with an Infinity Gauntlet is a frightening thought. 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

Fantastic Four is slowly becoming my favorite Marvel book...it just feels like all the story arcs should be huge Marvel crossovers though

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By warlock360

War of.... nerds? D:

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @box turtle: the Infinity Gauntlets only work in the realities they come from. 

@Voidheart: no different than in the battle forums, LOL
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think it will be a while before we get to see something happen with the Dooms, but I could be wrong. 

How do you think Reed joining the Council will affect his relationships with the FF, especially Susan? Is this finally the breaking point where she splits?

Also, if the Council is considered to be a threat or Reed changes his mind, what could stop them?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " @box turtle: the Infinity Gauntlets only work in the realities they come from. 

@Voidheart: no different than in the battle forums, LOL "
    was an innuendo to "War of Kings" now gone "Reed vs Doom"
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

over my head, sorry

box turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By box turtle
    @jloneblackheart said:
    "I think it will be a while before we get to see something happen with the Dooms, but I could be wrong.   How do you think Reed joining the Council will affect his relationships with the FF, especially Susan? Is this finally the breaking point where she splits?  Also, if the Council is considered to be a threat or Reed changes his mind, what could stop them? "

I hope they don't split up Reed and Sue.  They did that in Civil War, we don't need to go through that again.   
    I most want to see Johnny and Lyja start dating again. 
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well I guess I couldn't have been further from the mark.  

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Maelstrom

I have to say the whole Council concept was awesome. The entire arc was great. I love the fact that they did flashbacks to Reed's youth and the advice his father gave him. Now, Nathaniel Richards has never been the best of fathers but the advice he gave the young Reed did help shape him and for once I'm glad that Reed, seemingly, picked his family over science. Perhaps very selfish to say, but it was about time that he finally put his family first. Besides... he's the most brilliant man on the planet so whether he's with the Council or not he'll find another way to help save the world by solving everything.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Maelstrom: It was definitely fantastic, all three issues. I'm glad they will start to focus on the team once again. I was just pointing out that I made this thread because I thought this was going somewhere else. Something drawn out and amazing, but it turned out to be a small story made to bring the focus back to the team, not just Reed. I just hope it stays as good as the last three issues for a long time to come.

Who knows though, the Council and all those Dooms may pop up again in the future......
    Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Maelstrom

I'm sure the Council will make another appearance. So far I am enjoying the direction of the new book. And this was really a nice little arc to start. I'm hoping for the best of the Hickman and Eglesham era.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.