New Fantastc Four Trailer

#1 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't care what people say, that looks pretty good. Is it just me or did the Surfer NOT sound like Fishburne?

Staff
#3 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fantasticar!

#5 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Yeah, I don't care what people say, that looks pretty good. Is it just me or did the Surfer NOT sound like Fishburne?"

I played it back a couple of times, and it sounds exactly like his normal speaking voice. I didn't think it sounded like him either, but I'm just too used to Morpheus. He actually has a rather high-pitched voice.

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that looked awesome. It didn't sound like him to me, but the only thing I've seen him in are the Matrix movies.

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

SWEET.

#8 Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I think that looked awesome. It didn't sound like him to me, but the only thing I've seen him in are the Matrix movies."

You never saw him in Pee Wee's Playhouse? I bet he's wishing that'd go away.

Staff
#9 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad this trailer actually shows the Fantastic Four as opposed to the teaser which kind of just made it look like a Silver Surfer movie.

Is it just me or does Silver Surfer look poorly done? I mean he looks straight out of a videogame to me. Maybe hes always going to look taht way though because hes just not something you could see in reality.

Also, those woods look exactly like the ones in X3.

#10 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks good to me.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"I think that looked awesome. It didn't sound like him to me, but the only thing I've seen him in are the Matrix movies."

You never saw him in Pee Wee's Playhouse? I bet he's wishing that'd go away.

" />http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/addicted/images/2005/jan07/curtis.jpg"

That picture is creeping me out.

#12 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"That picture is creeping me out."

Morpheus is wearing a cowboy hat and undressing you with his eyes...

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that is scary right there. I had to imdb Pee Wee's Playhouse (to know what it is) and all I can say is you must have some creepy kids shows in the States.

Having watched the trailer a couple of times I'd say the shiny one sounds a little English to me (which may well be a first for an American actor) though it is quite hard to tell and I'd imagine there was some tinkering by the sound guys.

@ Icoop: I think Silver Surfer looks great in the clips I've seen, these days there isn't a huge leap between computer games and film effects anyway. He does have an unreal quality to him, but I think like you say, that's because he is unlike anything you would see naturally.

#14 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Yeah, that is scary right there. I had to imdb Pee Wee's Playhouse (to know what it is) and all I can say is you must have some creepy kids shows in the States.Having watched the trailer a couple of times I'd say the shiny one sounds a little English to me (which may well be a first for an American actor) though it is quite hard to tell and I'd imagine there was some tinkering by the sound guys.@ Icoop: I think Silver Surfer looks great in the clips I've seen, these days there isn't a huge leap between computer games and film effects anyway. He does have an unreal quality to him, but I think like you say, that's because he is unlike anything you would see naturally."

No, It's definitely Fishburne's regular voice.

#15 Posted by G-Man (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten his lawyers to destroy this.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.