Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Matthew Vaughn to Produce 'Fantastic Four' Reboot

• 60 results
    daltonmunnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By daltonmunnal

@comicfan123 said:

@Decept-O: I agree with you regarding most of Fox's X-Men (mainly The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine) and FF movies, but I highly enjoyed Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man. And X-Men: First Class turned out to be a very pleasant surprise for me (my biggest regret of 2011 is passing that movie up for Green Lantern), so I, for one, am, willing to give Fox another chance.

And while most of Marvel Studios' works (see The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and Captain America) were great, it's not like everything they touch is magic (Iron Man 2, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance).

Ghost Rider 2 was Sony.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Xanni15

Marvel's films are nothing to worry about, they know what they're doing. DC on the other-hand...

CJV0729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CJV0729

Early last year, Trank was in talks to direct a Venom film... Right after he was rumored to be doing FF as well. I guess the former is totally fizzled out now. Especially with Amazing Spider-Man 2's hints at a symbiote. :(

Avatar image for monitor_earthprime
    monitor_earthprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just please no more origin story. By now you should know how they became the F4.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Way I see it is, Fox has one more chance to try and make this a success, so at this point any and all help will be welcome. Vaughn MAY do a good job here, might not. Hard to say really. The sad fact of the matter is that as long as Fox is still somewhere in the creative process, Marvel movies will continue to suck one way or another, plain and simple.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#56  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

MARVEL still moving up.....

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57  Edited By DjBest02

Is it messed up that I would love to see Jessica Alba come back? BTW Haha I know she wasn't the best Sue. I am just in love with her lol

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By TheMess1428
    Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Malevolent1

I have heard a lot of bad things about a lot of Marvel films, and I understand the concern. In regard to the Fantastic Four movies, my greatest disappointments were the "Silver Surfer's power originates from his board" crap and Dr. Doom. I get that in the first movie, they are limited in terms of time and therefore character development. But anyone that has the rights to ANY Marvel movie would do well to understand one of the basic principles of a Marvel comic, especially in the old days and that is that Marvel has truly spectacular villains, of which, Dr. Doom is foremost. Heck, George Lucas based Darth Vader on Dr. Doom.

Having said that, I will talk about the things that pleased me in the first film:

1) Did a great job of capturing the "Marvel's first family" chemistry that existed way back from the 60s when the mag was first introduced, especially, the constant bickering between Johnny and Ben. Loved it.

2) Jessica Alba. Need I comment on this anymore?

3) Did a great job of demonstrating Johnny's conceitedness. I got a little over the top, but still was in the same spirit of the original comic character.

4) Essentially, all the actors did a great job of capturing the spirit of the original characters.

Second film?

1) Silver Surfer was in the movie.

2) Silver Surfer was in the movie.

3) Did I say that already?

Obviously, the writer's of the movie felt that Norrin needed "kryptonite", when in reality, his "kryptonite" was built into the character, and that is his desire to seek a non-confrontational way to settle things, avoiding killing anyone if at all possible. Also, everyone thought Galactus sucked.

I suppose my biggest question is who is the super villain going to be?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's take a look at all Marvel Comics based live action feature films to have already come out since the turn of the century by studio then by character.

Sony:

Spider-Man

Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

The Punisher

Punisher: War Zone

20th Century Fox:

X-Men

X2: X-Men United

X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

X-Men: First Class

Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Daredevil

Elektra

Universal:

Hulk (2003)

Marvel/Disney:

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Incredible Hulk

The Avengers

I think it's safe to say that aside from Sony's recent Amazing Spider-Man reboot, Marvel makes their own movies better than other studios. All of Marvel's own movies, aside from Iron Man 2, but that doesn't count because the real purpose of that movie was to catapult the Avengers and Black Widow, were much better than the other studios' movies. Though when it was new, I thoroughly enjoyed X2 and apparently unlike most I liked Elektra.

The Jessica Alba movies did ruin Dr. Doom. Keep him true to his comic character as a genius scientist who rules a small Eastern European nation with an iron fist and later delves in sorcery. Don't give me that 'he went into space with them and gained similar powers' crap. Or better yet, don't use him at all, I feel like Doom is one of those villains like the Joker or Lex Luthor who gets used way too much. I don't go for the villain who gets used too much. You know who my favorite Batman villain is? Clayface. How about Green Lantern? I don't really know, but definitely not Sinestro. Maybe Dr. Polaris. But I though he has the same powers, I hate Magneto because he's overused. Come to think of it, I never really went for overused members of superhero teams either. I never cared for Cyclops or Wolverine. I loved Iceman. And the Martian Manhunter.

Anyway the reason we want all the properties to return to Marvel/Disney is for the hope that one day we can have a huge Marvel Universe crossover movie much like they often do in the comics. Or maybe a guest star from another series. And then there's this deal that Disney in the Avengers and Fox with the X-Men can each use pieces of the Wanda and Pietro Maximoff characters but not embrace the characters' entire history. And of course, who doesn't eventually want to see a New Avengers movie where Spider-Man tems up with Iron Man, Cap, Luke Cage, Daredevil, and Spider-Woman, who was really Queen Veranke, and they later add Wolverine, Ronin, and the Sentry to their lineup. Obviously they'd have to make quite a few significant creative changes, but if the properties did one day return to Disney, they could make it work.

And I haven't read much of Mark Millar's work, I don't think, but didn't he write the original Ultimates and Ultimates 2?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.