Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Killing heroes

yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

Edited By yeopop

Reading today's interview with Gail Simone I realise what a lot of herioes are killed in these last years, my friend Haydenclaireheroes we're agreed that they're doing this to get more money, another possibility is that the interest form them has lowered and "killing" them is a way to bring attention back.  

The most famous case was Captain America's and he's return after two years approximately or Superman's defeat with Doomsday and "returning" in four different versions, Jean Grey spent one year and a half away until we ssaw her return, or was her clone? I don't remember.What about Infinite Crisis? Supergirl died in that crossover but she made it 20 years before. I think Wonder Woman died too at least Queen Hyppolita died in combat and one day returned without explanation. Batman appeared as a caveman  in his resurrection, Terra passed away... and so on. 

Spiderman joins F4 and I see they have made them new uniforms so that makes me think Johnny is gone of the team somehting that surprises me, I'm not a big fan of F4 but that surprises me, he's a classic of Marvel and he appeared before the other teammates. 

What about enemies? Some of them have died and returned to life but many others not. Why heroes always leave us and not villains? Whatever the answer is the new fashion is "kill" the hero and we have to see how far this goes. I'm sure this idea won't last.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.