Josh Trank officially going to direct Fantastic Four movie reboot

#1 Edited by TepidShark (14 posts) - - Show Bio

After months of rumors, Josh Trank (who previously directed Chronicle) has officially been set to direct Fox's movie reboot of the Fantastic Four. Deadline also says that they plan to put it out after the sequels to Wolverine and First Class.

They go on to mention that 30 Days of Night Director David Slade has dropped out of the purposed Daredevil movie reboot. Fox has a script that they like and are currently looking for a new director, but if they do not get into production by fall the movie rights to Daredevil go back to Marvel.

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7041 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol who would imagine that this forum has some of the biggest drama queens in all of the Internet. I look forward to the movie

#4 Posted by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just hope it's better then the last 2 pieces of shit. And before anyone says "But it followed the spirit of the comic" Shut up it didn't. The two films sucked worse then Ang Lee's Hulk, The characters are all unlikeable, They do absolutely NOTHING in the the films and just bicker at one another, The villains were a complete betrayal from their comic book counterparts and just plain sucked, There was nothing interesting going on and lastly Jessica Alba.

#5 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

only thing good about the old ff films was that jessica alba was hot.

#6 Posted by ComicStooge (11794 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the FF even interesting enough to make a movie out of?

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's sad that Marvel/Disney won't be getting those rights anytime soon. I'd kill to see Hulk vs. Thing on the big screen.

BUT, I'm looking forward to what Trank will do with the team. I absolutely loved Chronicle, and his direction style is awesome. I doubt that they'd go with a "found footage" style with this one, but I'd be intrigued to find out if it was. Either way, the FF is one of my favorite superhero groups in comics period, so it's nice to see them getting another shot at the big screen (even though it's apparent that Fox is only going through with it to keep the rights). Hopefully that won't effect how the movie was like how, in my opinion, it effected Sony's last Spider-Man movie. If X-Men: First Class taught me anything, however, it's that great superhero films can be made quickly by people who know what they're doing. Trank's a great director, and I think he knows what he's doing. That being said, I'm looking forward to this. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.