Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

How FANTASTIC FOUR #600 Will Change Marvel's First Family Forever [Spoilers]

• 86 results
    DeadJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DeadJester

I see the Cosmic Control Rod on the left arm, but what is that on his right arm and up his shoulder? Sorry if its a dumb question. I'm not a F4 fan so I don't read it lol. But Human Torch is a great character IMO.

jason44143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jason44143

i think it was G-man that called it when the death of johnny storm happened. They killed him in issue 588 and they'd bring him back in issue 600. Good call. I always expected them to bring him back, but i have to admit this just seems way too soon. i mean i was only just beginning to enjoy the fact that this annoying character was gone, and then boom, hes back again, ugh.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By TheMess1428

Maybe they will make those missing issues about what Johnny was doing all this time.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By avidwriter

Ofcouse, cause no one ever dies. EVER! This is why I can't read comics. Nothing is ever done.

uroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By uroboros

really..he's changing things FOREVER!? Because that seems to be an amount of time that marvel struggles with..seeing as Johnny's death didn't even last a year..

Avatar image for don_t_kranq_just_psychoo
    DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@soccersss: i don´t really know but acording to this its seems so :D
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Eyz

...and Johnny Storm is back, so he can be back on the team's roster just in time for that announced Fantastic Four reboot movie.

chaosimpact79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By chaosimpact79

To me it all feels rushed.They barely scratched the surface of the Future Foundation and now are bringing back Johnny like it isn't a big deal.True enough the FF always had too many side stories to be just one small group albeit one of the best but sometimes it drives me crazy how things always go back to where they started a story arc.I really liked how the let Valerie become her own charactor and let Franklin be a kid that know what he is doing.Adding Peter to the Future Foundation was a common sense move that has been very,very,very long over due.You add great story plots like the Council of Reeds and bring Doom to the good side even if its for a short period was genius but now they have brought Johnny back way too soon and even though i am happy to see him its just too soon.This one of those times that Marvel is letting movies dictate comics which will bring in new fans but have the chance of losing original fans.Do the new fans know who Lyja is or who Malice is?I seriously doubt it.

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Superskrull86

YES!!!WIN WIN WIN!!

telepathic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By telepathic666

i was in shock when they "killed" johnny, im just happy he is back

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By JonesDeini

Hickman has turned this book into a must read and restored F4 to its former glory as the spine of the Marvel U!!! I can't wait to see where he continues to take the story. This issue was everything I wanted an d everything I didn't know I needed. For once I actually felt like Marvel under charged me for a book.

JMLG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By JMLG

when they bringing Bullseye back? i miss that pyscho.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Degalon

@butterflykyss: I have no idea, but it looks like he has the Witchblade.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By butterflykyss

@Degalon said:

@butterflykyss: I have no idea, but it looks like he has the Witchblade.

oh ok thnks :D

ricpez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ricpez

The only good book marvel has!!

DChero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DChero

so whats the deal with franklin richards?

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By 00 Raiser

@Fantasgasmic: That guy would be Johnny Storm the Human Torch. Things just got interesting.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fantasgasmic

@00 Raiser: I know, i was trying to avoid spoilers.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice article.knew he'd be abck sooner, remember that ish where the future FF show up, and johnnys got a beard and the power to steal other dire users..err...fire? they wouldnt do that to kill him off for long.

But, i had a feeling he'd be back sooner than later it wasn't right without him. they need to sstay the future foundation, for the new generation who doesnt dig blue spandex. not sure the old one did either. anyway, this johnny is a damn gladiator, who knows pain and had died in the neg zone twice thats known, it couldve been as much as 20. The guy is not that teenage side kick anymore, he need to be seriously respected as more than the dumb flying pretty boy.

THE COSMIC ROD

Johnny's got it, but it didn't turn him crazy or anything, so best bet is after the warm hello's, reed'll be getting it off. But now, the end off 600 shows the small beginning of franklin, making whole universes by a whim, imagine what that kid could accomplish if the mystery showed him some tricks AND he held the Rod? hm. Also.... and this is like 99.9% likely in the next year to happen...

Franklin becomes the new galactus using the seed hidden in the all-tree but forgets his old identity

What I think is he'll use his abilities to create a new universe to house 616 entirely near the destruction of 616, but won't be able to without the seed, thus forcibly having to sacrifice who he was to be the new Galactus, and fulfilling the cycle of being the survivor of the last universe, true, not the only survivor, but one of them none the less. then use his natural abilities to create his own meals and be impervious to the weakness of having to sustain himself with planets.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

If you think what i said was just another fanboy whatever rant, here's a little peice of wiki for you that actually happens to be true, go figure.

Earth X

In Earth X, Franklin Richards curses Namor for killing the Human Torch. Half of Namor's body is now constantly burning, even underwater. Afterwards, Franklin takes Galactus' armor, and, entering the third stage of his evolution, becomes Galactus himself. As stated in the story, he is Galactus as long as no one tells him he isn't. As Galactus, Franklin Richards saves the Earth by consuming the Celestial growing inside. He reveals himself to his father, Reed, before leaving the Earth, stating he will never return. At the end of the story, Reed, after gaining the cosmic consciousness, states his first task will be to save his son.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By abeyance

so we can add johnny to the list of heroes/heroines that have died and come back to life. I highly doubt things will change forever in all honesty.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Lmao, i saw THAT coming from a mile away, i mean this Marvel Comics we're talking about her.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Did anyone really believe he was dead in the first place?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By moywar700

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

Did anyone really believe he was dead in the first place?

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: He wasn't died, he was taking a vacation

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By batkevin74

In hindsight I should've known but what gets me is that they didn't invade the Negative Zone to get his body for the funeral? What did they bury/cremate at that big event they had for his passing? How pissed will Peter be when Johnny can seemingly come back from the dead and not Uncle Ben (maybe a trip to the Negative Zone to pick up some bugs)? And get ready for the 4 other what if stories to come out with What If The Thing/Sue Storm/Reed Richards/Spider-Man were trapped on the side of the portal?

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By xkoenig

@batkevin74 said:

In hindsight I should've known but what gets me is that they didn't invade the Negative Zone to get his body for the funeral? What did they bury/cremate at that big event they had for his passing? How pissed will Peter be when Johnny can seemingly come back from the dead and not Uncle Ben (maybe a trip to the Negative Zone to pick up some bugs)? And get ready for the 4 other what if stories to come out with What If The Thing/Sue Storm/Reed Richards/Spider-Man were trapped on the side of the portal?

I think probably the risk of opening the portal to the Negative Zone and the massive battle that would have ensued was not worth it, as bad as that sounds. Letting Annihilus into our world is not something you want to happen I guess (in the FF's minds).

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By batkevin74

@xkoenig: Considering Thing was so angry at watching his buddy "die" he'd take out most of them in a rescue attempt as would an enraged Sue who could rope in Namor who could rope in Black Bolt and Reed would do anything for his wife so he'd make an ebola bug virus plus Franklin would be mad and he's got Omega mutant powers that can warp reality so a quick strike team could've saved us all a pointless death.

Personally if you're going to kill a character, do it for the right reason and make it worth something and DON'T, DON'T bring them back, it cheapens it and makes the revolving door policy for superheroes and not normal people even more glaringly obvious

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Night Thrasher

There are a lot of comments by people who haven't read the issue at all. I would suggest READ THE DARN THING! Also, for those of you complaining about Johnny's return, who were also raving about the return of Bruce Wayne. That, my friend, is highly biased and hypocritical.

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By xkoenig

@batkevin74 said:

@xkoenig: Considering Thing was so angry at watching his buddy "die" he'd take out most of them in a rescue attempt as would an enraged Sue who could rope in Namor who could rope in Black Bolt and Reed would do anything for his wife so he'd make an ebola bug virus plus Franklin would be mad and he's got Omega mutant powers that can warp reality so a quick strike team could've saved us all a pointless death.

Personally if you're going to kill a character, do it for the right reason and make it worth something and DON'T, DON'T bring them back, it cheapens it and makes the revolving door policy for superheroes and not normal people even more glaringly obvious

1 - he wasn't killed, he was left behind in an apparently hopeless situation and his costume returned. This isn't one writer killing him off and another saying, 'oh, let's figure out some fudged story where we can contrive Johnny to come back to life.' Johnny went through a lot as revealed in #600.

2 - sure, we can all write quick fan-fiction stories where the Fantastic Four get Johnny back, but I stand by my take that the characters would not go casually risking opening up the portal to the Negative Zone having worked so hard to close it, to the point of sacrificing one of their own. Thing was angry but clearly understood the choice that was being made and that there was no other way. Yes Franklin could be used to solve all the world's problems in 2 seconds as his powers are potentially limitless, but again for consistency with the MU, messing with reality has to be shown to have consequences (see, e.g. Scarlet Witch). He can't just go arbitrarily walking around magicking every problem away otherwise the stories would all become trivial. As it is I think this is a solidly written story, and waaaay better than other deaths and returns (e.g. Batman or Steve Rogers).

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@xkoenig: he was killed, he just didn't die. I thought they handled it well regardless.

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By xkoenig

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

@xkoenig: he was killed, he just didn't die. I thought they handled it well regardless.

lol, I like that distinction! :)

I approve of this story - Hickman occasionally gets too cerebral in his storytelling, but here I think he did the story justice. Johnny's sacrifice and ordeal are definitely significant in terms of what he had to go through to return from the Negative Zone. This is not an easy retcon - the last panels of FF #587 are clearly set up to allow for this storyline to happen.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By batkevin74

@xkoenig: Um yeah he was killed, at least twice then filled full of bugs to come back to life. Being killed usually means you're dead. Johnny Storm died. And sure a quick fan fiction can fix anything, there's no consequence/repercussions/recognition to it. Sure Franklin's powerful but what can he actually do is the question, especially when he's emotional and under pressure in the Negative Zone confronting the killers of his uncle while his parents who are understandbly & righteous pissed stand beside him.

Johnny's "death" like all the Marvel deaths are moving but pointless at the moment. And as a Batman fan & addict, Johnny's surprise return at the end was way better than Bruce being shot through time in the death that is life NONSENSE!

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Night Thrasher

@batkevin74 said:

Johnny's "death" like all the Marvel deaths are moving but pointless at the moment. And as a Batman fan & addict, Johnny's surprise return at the end was way better than Bruce being shot through time in the death that is life NONSENSE!

After 3 years here I finally found a Batman fan that will admit that something Batman, neigh, Grant Morrison is less than perfect. Return of Bruce Wayne was still a decent story though.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By batkevin74

@Night Thrasher: Grant Morrison is self indulgent, silver age obssessed and not all that great. But when he's good he's great but if he's off, it's horrid!! The League of Batmen is a great IDEA, not something to be put into practice....anyway this isn't the forum to air GM grief. But thanks for the round of applause, even though it's slighly sarcastic :)

Talyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Talyn

Does anyone else think the thing in his left hand looks like a handle to a leash and the thing around annihilus neck a collar.

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By kadosho_16bit

I was just catching up Spider-man "Matters of Life and Death" and it had a remembrance of Johnny issue.

o.o so this is the aftermath... if I were Peter I would give my friend the biggest party ever!

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By wdchefdave

I just thought that it would be fun to have the "Original" Human Torch fill in for a few issues.

Ya can't say that he doesn't play well with a team!!!!

We all knew that Johnny Storm would be back... somehow.

Besides, he has one of those cool '60s names that you just can't toss away like a burnt out match.

(And now I will go kick my own butt for making that attempt at a pun!)

I need no help... I have done it many times before.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.