Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5742 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Hickman's Fantastic Four

• 51 results
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iLLituracy

Is anyone following this series? I just got done reading the latest issue and I'm honestly enjoying it. I keep hearing things about Millar's story being considered as alternate reality and most of Masters of Doom being ignored but there seems to be a lot of stuff from Millar's run that is being acknowledged. Like Valeria's hyperintelligence and Nu-World.

What got me last issue was that Valeria claimed to be smarter than her father and backed it up by solving an equation that took 100 scientists to solve the first time around. Does that mean that Valeria's the smartest person on Earth?

And what happened to the new Defenders/Fantastic Force, that was kind of messed up.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I've been reading. It was pretty messed up with what happened with the Fantastic Force. Since Hickman started writing, Valeria is definitely portrayed as a super genius. I think the issue you just read explains that they obviously have some plans for her. Seems like to me a lot of the older stuff is still there, but they are trying to move the story forward and focus on the Fantastic Four being a team once again.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " I've been reading. It was pretty messed up with what happened with the Fantastic Force. Since Hickman started writing, Valeria is definitely portrayed as a super genius. I think the issue you just read explains that they obviously have some plans for her. Seems like to me a lot of the older stuff is still there, but they are trying to move the story forward and focus on the Fantastic Four being a team once again. "
    It doesn't seem like it, I hope there's more team action later, but the first arc revolved around that group of Reeds from different Earths and now this issue was about the kids with the Thing and Torch. The only time the team has been together was in the first issue of Solve Everything when they beat the Wizard.

That's another thing I'm curious about, they defeated Wizard and took possession of the little kid/clone he made and Franklin asked about him, I wonder if he'll come into play somewhere down the road.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well that is what has been said in interviews with Hickman, that he plans to focus on the team. It hasn't really happened yet though. The story arc with Reed and the Council was supposed to fortify that Reed will no longer be the center of attention and the focus being taken off of him and back to the FF. 

It seems like besides the story with the Council, that things are really being left unfinished. The Wizard clone kid came first. The most recent issue seems like it was all wrapped up and that is the end of that as well, although I feel it needs a little more attention. After all, that was one of Millar's big stories. It seems that Hickman kind of changed everything about it and left it to oblivion. I hope to see more about that as well as the Wizard clone.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

When Hickman came as the writer it was the first time I tried a Fantastic Four comic, 4 issues in and so far I've loved the entire run

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Maelstrom

I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed the Fantastic Four this much since the Mark Waid run. Hickman is doing a fantastic job with the books. I love the fact that he's developing Valeria into her own. I can't wait to see what he does with the team as a whole, and admittedly what he has planned for Sue. 

I have to say that for the moment the highlight of his run has to be when he had Reed choose his family over his want to solve everyone's problems. It showed quite a bit of growth, especially when you had the flashback scenes between a young Reed and his father.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Maelstrom said:
    " I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed the Fantastic Four this much since the Mark Waid run. Hickman is doing a fantastic job with the books. I love the fact that he's developing Valeria into her own. I can't wait to see what he does with the team as a whole, and admittedly what he has planned for Sue.   I have to say that for the moment the highlight of his run has to be when he had Reed choose his family over his want to solve everyone's problems. It showed quite a bit of growth, especially when you had the flashback scenes between a young Reed and his father. "
    I like how it's not so much a team book now as much as it is a book about a family. IMO, anyway. Franklin's birthday party and the return of the rest of the Power Pack back into regular continuity was a nice along with the return of the Wizard's genetically engineered kid.

Anyone have any idea what this means?

No Caption Provided
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

i didnt know she claimed to be smarter than her dad. Thats great tho. These two have got to be the most powerful humans/mutants on earth. I would like to see sentry become ultimately smart and gain the ability to create small universes.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jloneblackheart said:

" I don't think we are supposed to know what it means, but it is leading to this:

http://www.comicvine.com/galactus/29-2149/marvel-says-its-time-to-save-the-world/92-526563/ "

I dunno'.  It might.

From what I can tell, the first panel--

"There will be a war between the four cities"

And there's a picture of Namor in the back and a picture of the four elements [which look like the symbols from Avatar: The Last Airbender]. I have no idea what four cities he's talking about, but I'm sure one is Atlantis or at least what remains of Atlantis's forces. 

The second panel--

"The dead must not be forgotten. The future man must return to save the past."

I don't know who the future man is, but from what I can tell--those in the background are dead Reeds from that council.

The last panel is pretty self-explanatory, Doom will most likely be the key to saving the world.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well, when I saw the 'dead must not be forgotten', I automatically thought about Galactus (Whose death might happen in the upcoming Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk series).

That's pretty awesome you noticed the members of the Council in that picture. I didn't catch that. It's good to know we will see more of them. 

It was said that the message was from Valeria in the future. Obviously, the future man is not Franklin, since he delivers the message. What's weird to me is that it seems Franklin may be responsible for some trouble in the near future. 

Another article about upcoming events: 
    http://www.comicvine.com/fantastic-four/65-3804/will-the-fantastic-four-survive-2010/92-526350/ 

Avatar image for captainess_boricua
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I@jloneblackheart said:

" . Obviously, the future man is not Franklin, since he delivers the message. What's weird to me is that it seems Franklin may be responsible for some trouble in the near future. 

I do believe that Future Man is supposed to be Franklin. Not only did he awaken Franklin's powers in that brief moment before he went to find Valeria but the exchange between him and Valeria before he left again pretty much tells you that it's Franklin.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Captainess Boricua: Hmmmmmm......This whole discussion makes me want to read the issue again. But I will admit to all I am horrible at predicting future events. Just trying to keep the discussion going. :)
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " Well, when I saw the 'dead must not be forgotten', I automatically thought about Galactus (Whose death might happen in the upcoming Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk series).

That's pretty awesome you noticed the members of the Council in that picture. I didn't catch that. It's good to know we will see more of them. 

It was said that the message was from Valeria in the future. Obviously, the future man is not Franklin, since he delivers the message. What's weird to me is that it seems Franklin may be responsible for some trouble in the near future. 

Another article about upcoming events: 
    http://www.comicvine.com/fantastic-four/65-3804/will-the-fantastic-four-survive-2010/92-526350/  "
    That picture leads me to believe that one of the four cities is going to be Mole Man's Subterranea.
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: It's alright. *Lol.* I mean it would be pretty shocking if the person who came back wasn't Franklin but I'm positive it was. If you give me a moment I'm sure I can scan the page I was talking to you about towards the end of the issue.

I'm wondering if one of the cities mentioned will also involve Attilan. I haven't kept up with the Inhumans too much all I know is that they're off in space. But it's just a thought. I'll admit I can be horrible with theorizing.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Captainess Boricua: Attilan is currently on Hala and the Inhumans are the leaders of the Kree Empire (and subsequently the Shi'Ar Empire since they won the War of Kings). Right now they are searching the Fault for Black Bolt.  

But Galactus is tied into this FF stuff somehow, and he will be appearing in a Realm of Kings book. It seems that the Inhumans are fine with their destiny as leaders of the Kree, but who knows what will happen if Black  Bolt is found to be alive.
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The words 'Future Man' spoke to Franklin.
     The words 'Future Man' spoke to Franklin.

Scene with Valeria and Future Man.
     Scene with Valeria and Future Man.
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I think I may need to start up on the Realm of Kings books to see what exactly the Inhuman Royal Family has been too. Thanks for the info.

As for Galactus, it's a given he's tied into this event they're foreshadowing in the FF books. The question is will Galactus' "death" be the catalyst for this war between the Four Cities?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Based on G-Man's article, I would say no. It seems he is the cure, not the cause.

Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm still curious to know how he meets his 'end' though.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Last he was seen, he was in Son of Hulk. He became addicted to the Old Power because of Skaar. Then Hiro Kala poisoned him with it, telling him he would die if he ever consumed it again. It seemed they parted ways but on Marvel's site there is a solicit for Realm of Kings: Son of Hulk #2 due out in March that claims Galactus is the herald of Hiro Kala. 

No Caption Provided

Hail Galactus, Herald to the Son of the Hulk?! As the SON OF HULK, Hiro-Kala, sets loose a chain of events that forever alters Jarella's World and threatens the entire sub-atomic Microverse, a vision reveals his future metamorphosis into a god-like being, with an enslaved Galactus at his control! As his dark destiny unfolds, Commander Rann and Princess Mari arrive on the planet K'ai, as Rann's obsessive quest to find an Enigma Force cure to his deadly radiation disease finally takes it's toll… but are they too late? 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @jloneblackheart said:
    "Based on G-Man's article, I would say no. It seems he is the cure, not the cause. "

i believe he is both. I think his death will bring the beginning of the destruction of the world. Reed will have to meet with the council and find his infinity gauntlet in that realm. I think them trying to revive Galactus to save their world will start a war between the "cities" and his revival will stop the destruction of the world. Leaving the war to be fought
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Galactus become addicted to Old Power? Did it act as sustenance to him just like the energies of planets? Oh boy. Something tells me I'm not going to like this.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Captainess Boricua: The Surfer brought him to Sakaar because the Old Power could sustain Galactus for 100,000 years, making him sleep and have no need to destroy planets for that length of time. Skaar, instead of saving lives of billions, decided to spite everyone and OD Galactus, causing him to become hungrier than ever. Then he kicked the Surfer across the universe and went to get more Old Power. Then what I decribed above happened.

I'm not to thrilled with it either.

@DEGRAAF:
    excellent idea. See, I'm no good at this.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By geraldthesloth

TBH i've read so much fantastic four that I'm getting sick of Franklin Richards stories..

Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Skaar spite the people like that? Because why else would he do that and endanger so many lives? So now we have an addict Galactus running about who can pretty much go crazy from the sounds of it. Like I said... I don't like how this is sounding already. 

It is wrong that I just had an image of Galactus going to rehab? =S

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

HAHA. It's going to be one giant collection of super powers to get that intervention going.

Well, the Surfer tried to reason with Skaar, but he didn't want to give up the planet (and his mother, Caiera, who was part of the Old Power of the planet) so he decided that is what he was going to do instead of leave the planet and save billions of lives, inclusding those of Sakaar. Even his mother disagreed with him and banished him to Earth through a wormhole, but right before he went through he blasted Big G with some Old Power, making him crazy for the stuff.

Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Wait. Wait... Caeira has been making appearances in this book?! Holy crap why wasn't I told  this earlier? Caeira has certainly been one of my favorite newer characters you know... up until Marvel killed her during the end of Planet Hulk. But she's kinda back so I may have to pick these books up now!

Still, I'm not sure I'm keen on the direction they've taken with Galactus with this. I just can't see Galactus addicted to something to the point of going crazy. He's been neutral for so long now that anything else just seems wrong, you know?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iLLituracy

Skaar, like the spiteful little bastard he is, turned Galactus into a cosmic crackhead looking for his next fix. I really hope Galactus kicks his addiction. 

I'm still stuck on what four cities are going to war. If Subterranea is earth, Atlantis is water, what could possibly be Air and Fire? The flying city of Red Raven's Bird-People?

Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never get over an addict Galactus. Just the thought seems wrong on so many levels. It almost feels like they've cheapened his character. Maybe I'm overreacting but it just seems that way. 

I'm curious as to that too. Unfortunately nothing is coming to mind for Air or Fire. Perhaps Asgard for air since it's floating? Although it's going to be embroiled with Siege so I'm not so sure.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Captainess Boricua said:
    "I'll never get over an addict Galactus. Just the thought seems wrong on so many levels. It almost feels like they've cheapened his character. Maybe I'm overreacting but it just seems that way.   I'm curious as to that too. Unfortunately nothing is coming to mind for Air or Fire. Perhaps Asgard for air since it's floating? Although it's going to be embroiled with Siege so I'm not so sure. "

It does sound kind of dumb but if you read skaar son of hulk, it explains it in a much better way and sounds much more natural 

@iLLituracy said:

"Skaar, like the spiteful little bastard he is, turned Galactus into a cosmic crackhead looking for his next fix. I really hope Galactus kicks his addiction.   I'm still stuck on what four cities are going to war. If Subterranea is earth, Atlantis is water, what could possibly be Air and Fire? The flying city of Red Raven's Bird-People? "

I would assume asgard is of air. im not sure what the fire city would be but that could be the tie in bringing hiro-kala to earth for the fall of hulks and the end of seige in to an all out war.
    Captainess Boricua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:
    "It does sound kind of dumb but if you read skaar son of hulk, it explains it in a much better way and sounds much more natural "
    Maybe I should pick up the comic to find out because as of right now all this just sounds simply wrong to me.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DEGRAAF

that wouldnt be a bad idea. i actually really liked the overall story and i kinda thought it was a bit of a stretch when Galactus got involved and hiro decided to take him on, but it plays out really well
    Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cellywyn
    @DEGRAAF: I may just pick it up then. I'll try to give this story the benefit of the doubt even if I still find it wrong on so many levels. I will forever have the image of Galactus in rehab burned in my mind thanks to this.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

there are times when i almost stopped picking the book up but the end ties it up nicely and changes the total perspective of Hiro.

Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cellywyn

How many issues long is it?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEGRAAF

here is what ive found so far i will try to put them in order. You can find some of this in hiro-kalas pictures They are different sizes because i have pulled them from different sites. I am putting it in the spoiler box incase you would rather read the series than have it spoiled. 

I honestly think ive messed this up, i think im missing some pages. This will get he point across tho and the last two images shown are the first two realm of kings: son of hulk comic covers
    Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cellywyn

Wait a minute... Caiera and Hulk had two sons?! I mean I kept hearing you mention Hiro Kala and I wondered if that was some name someone had given Skaar... and now I'm not so sure.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Cellywyn said:
    "Wait a minute... Caiera and Hulk had two sons?! I mean I kept hearing you mention Hiro Kala and I wondered if that was some name someone had given Skaar... and now I'm not so sure. "

no it has been revealed that hiro-kala is in fact Caiera and the Green Scars son also, they never showed when they had him or where he was born or anything they just out of no where claimed he is a son of hulk also. Im still waiting to find a good explanation on how that happened. Even Skaar doesnt know that hiro is his brother. I have always wanted to know how not even his mother knew he was her child. I mean what the hell. The mother father and brother doesnt know he exists but he is still there none the less. HIS OWN MOTHER. I want just one person with the slightest idea to explain how that is possible. And if he was born when Skaar was where did he bounce off too when he fell out of the womb

Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cellywyn
    @DEGRAAF: Alright this is some massively lazy writing. So there was no indication whatsoever of another Caeira/ Hulk son and all of a sudden Hiro Kala is related to them? I'm curious to find some validity in this too. Ugh, this sucks because the stories involving Planet Hulk and Skaar were pretty damn enjoyable (at least the first 3 or 4 issues of the Skaar series that I did read) and now all of a sudden they're going to throw this into the mix and confuse everyone? Meh, maybe Hiro is another 'piece' of Skaar. Skaar obviously took after Hulk and Hiro definitely takes after Caeira... what if the Old Power did something to split both facet of this child born of two worlds? Granted it's a long shot and it seems out of there but it would make more sense that just randomly throwing in "Oh.. .and Hiro is also son of Caeira and Hulk!"
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Cellywyn said:
    " @DEGRAAF: Alright this is some massively lazy writing. So there was no indication whatsoever of another Caeira/ Hulk son and all of a sudden Hiro Kala is related to them? I'm curious to find some validity in this too. Ugh, this sucks because the stories involving Planet Hulk and Skaar were pretty damn enjoyable (at least the first 3 or 4 issues of the Skaar series that I did read) and now all of a sudden they're going to throw this into the mix and confuse everyone? Meh, maybe Hiro is another 'piece' of Skaar. Skaar obviously took after Hulk and Hiro definitely takes after Caeira... what if the Old Power did something to split both facet of this child born of two worlds? Granted it's a long shot and it seems out of there but it would make more sense that just randomly throwing in "Oh.. .and Hiro is also son of Caeira and Hulk!" "

i can only hope that this is what happened just to have some closure and validity. Skaar can turn in to the human old strong form when he is not enraged tho
    Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cellywyn

Really? Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see how they spin this little mystery. It seems out there.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Cellywyn said:
    "Really? Hmmm. It'll be interesting to see how they spin this little mystery. It seems out there. "

i honestly dont think they will ever say how. If they do they will explain it when he shows up to earth.
    Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cellywyn

Ugh, if they don't than what was the point of introducing his character like that? The writer has to figure that the fans want to know how exactly Hiro came to be! So then it was Hiro Kala and not Skaar that got Galactus doped up on the Old Power?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Cellywyn: It was Skaar who got him addicted and Hiro who got him poisoned with it so he could never consume it again.
    Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cellywyn
    @jloneblackheart: This all sounds so confusing. =S This all takes place in the Skaar book, right?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think Son Of Hulk is a really good read, best of the rest of the Hulk family books...
    wait i mean F4 is a good read, wait...the hell are we talking about here?

and for the record i doubt Hickman will intertwine the Son Of Hulk stories into F4. 
    F4 currently is a fairly self contained story, as is Son of Hulk, despite their appearances
    in larger arcs even.

Cellywyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cellywyn

You can comment on both, CATMANEXE. *Lol.* From what I have read of the Skaar books I thought it was an awesome read myself but I haven't kept up with what's going which I will need to do so now especially with all the info Degraaf was kind enough to share.

And I would have to agree 100% about the Fantastic Four. Fantastic read if anything.

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well, Subterrania is one of the 'four cities' based on the preview of issue #575 that's in a few books this week.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Cellywyn said:

"Ugh, if they don't than what was the point of introducing his character like that? The writer has to figure that the fans want to know how exactly Hiro came to be! So then it was Hiro Kala and not Skaar that got Galactus doped up on the Old Power? "

IDK but it kinda pisses me off bc that is one of the major down falls to this great story.

jloneblackheart   is right. Once Galactus consumed the old power from Sakaar they kind of show him almost in a hibernation like state of being and right before Skaar gets sent thru the worm hole he shoots Galactus with the old strong power seemingly waking him back up, im not sure if he actually made him addicted to it, if you read the information given thru out the series of books it sounds like anyone who tries to control the old strong power becomes addicted to it unless they train them selves first. They never show Hiro training to control the power but he doesnt seem addicted to it be the end of the series. I think his determination and anger kept his mind in the right place seemingly making him immune to the side effects of the old power. The majority of it did take place in the Skaar son of hulk. Son of hulk (when hiro becomes the lead character) only had a handful of issues. The old power seems to not have an addicting effect on Skaar, Hiro, or the lady on earth that now controls the power as well. Everyone else becomes crazed for more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.