Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fox Is Making Plans For a Fantastic Four Reboot

• 88 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

With all the craziness over Disney buying Marvel, some things will still proceed as normal.  20th Century Fox is making plans to overhaul the Fantastic Four franchise.  Variety has reported that Akiva Goldsman has been hired to take on the task of rebooting the FF as producer.  The script will be written by Michael Green, the co-executive producer of HEROES.  Green also co-wrote Green Lantern.

Even though Disney now owns Marvel, the existing deals are still in place.  Fox will retain the rights to the Fantastic Four as long as they continue making films on them.  The same goes with the X-Men franchise (and similarly with Sony and Spider-Man).  Apparently the long planned Silver Surfer spin-off is still a 'priority project' for Fox as well.  There's no word if any of the recent cast will return.  Since it is being described as a reboot, the chances may be pretty slim.

The question is, how do you feel about this?  While the Fantastic Four movies may not have been stellar, they weren't completely horrible.  There were certain aspects that I felt were nicely done.  I saw a lot of people around here being concern with the fate of the Marvel characters and what their movies would be like under Disney's control.  So I ask, would you rather Disney did the Fantastic Four or would you rather Fox take another shot at them?
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By jefprice

BOO!!!! Don't reboot it! Johnny, Reed and Ben were perfect! So was Doom. Just do a third and made it stellar. Replace Sue, leave the rest. I really will not be happy if all these idiots start rebooting everything thinking they're comic writers

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwh

Unless you change the core of their characters, you just can't make an interesting F4 movie. And if you're changing everything, it might as well be called something else. All the 2nd one left me wondering was when they'd make a Silver Surfer movie, so maybe work on that.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I don't think a reboot of the movies of Fantastic Four would be that bad. I thought the first movie was fun, but the second felt pointless. The X-Men movies started out well, but are quickly going weird. The Disney people have made some great movies like Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Eventually the super hero movies genre start shooting them self in the foot. Take the Batman series as an example. The first two were dark and serious, thought they also had Batman killing. With each consecutive movie they got more and more silly. By the time they did Batman Forever the movies became such a silly affair that every other line was some lame joke or sexual innuendo. It took Christopher Nolan's series to start Batman from the beginning with the aptly named Batman Begins.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

first FF wasnt that bad, but jesus christ FF2 was horrible

ReEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOT!

Fenderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Fenderman

The FF movie was not great.  The casting for most of the characters was terrible!  Reed was terrible.  And, although, we all enjoyed seeing Jennifer Alba on the screen, she was not Susan Richards at all.  I love the FF and would certianly prefer a Reboot.  Lets just close our eyes and pretend the first couple didnt happen, shall we!  The less said about those the better.   I dont think Disney would ruin anything there, Disney puts out some good product and if done right, the FF could be great.  The Cosmic scale of their stories is perfect for movies and a wonderful contrast to the more "local" movies like Spiderman that all take place in Manhatten.  Lets go to outer space!  As long as we get a regular Reed Richards and not the silly He-Man Depciction in the most recent issue! Ha! 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian

I love the Fantastic Four, I hope they do a better job this time around. I want Dr. Doom in his armor not to be his armor

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg
    @G-Man said:
    "While the Fantastic Four movies may not have been stellar, they weren't completely horrible. "
    OBJECTION!
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild
    @Korg said:
    " @G-Man said:
    "While the Fantastic Four movies may not have been stellar, they weren't completely horrible. "
    OBJECTION! "

SECOND OBJECTION!!!
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

Yeah, those movies were god-awful. Terrible. Unholy cinematic abortions that were left to fester in the sun while Michael Bay roasted marshmallows over their ashes. 

Did I mention Thing didn't throw a single punch in the second one, and Galactus was a purple fart-cloud?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Korg
    @Darkchild said:
    " SECOND OBJECTION!!! "
    Sustained!
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Darkchild said:
    " @Korg said:
    " @G-Man said:
    OBJECTION! "
    SECOND OBJECTION!!! "
    I'm curious. Were you agreeing with the first "OBJECTION" or disagreeing.
    I think the word you might of been looking for was SUSTAINED. I could also just be playing too much Phoenix Wright. lol

They have rebooted Marvel movies before. Such as with the HULK series. I thought the Edward Norton version was far better then the Ang Lee directed one.
    They rebooted the Punisher movies. I loved the 2004 version of the movie starring Thomas Jane. Though I never saw the reboot of Punisher: War Zone. I can't speak to which was better.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Korg
    @FoxxFireArt said: 

"I'm curious. Were you agreeing with the first "OBJECTION" or disagreeing. 
    I think the word you might of been looking for was SUSTAINED. "

I believe it was a supportive objection, raised by my fellow counsellor, DC. I took the liberty of sustaining both our objections, as the movies in question were most definitely garbage.    
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @RaptorFratBoy: Galactus was a tremendous disappointment in that movie. I spent that whole thing wondering what he was going to look like and we never saw him. Sort of like watching the movie Contact and waiting to see the alien. Only for it to look like her father.

I thought the Skrulls would of been a better villain for the second movie.
    Sentinel Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sentinel Man

Oh My Gosh! I was just thinking about this. Yes I think they should definitely reboot it.. They should delve more into the Characters backrounds, and stay more true to the source material. Yay

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By King Quisling

I'm happy as long as it isn't aimed towards kids and Galactus isn't a big cloud. 

SuperXAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By SuperXAsh

Well this is unfortunate, hope they don't drop the entire cast, as 3/4 of the team work (guess which three I speak of ;P), and just replace the other two aspects that didn't... quite... work. 

Hopefully the second (well, third if we count that unmade Corman movie :P) time will be a charm. Just hope they get more right than wrong this time. *personally didn't mind the first movie AT ALL*
    rouju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rouju

Reboot is a good idea, but I don't think Disney is a good idea for Marvel story. I mean, what if every Marvel story will be hapily ever after? Not a bad idea, but sometimes bad ending is what the story needs. 

I agree with reboot as long as the script is good (and it's better be better than the previous movie). Oh, and I hope Marvel it self made the movie, don't sell the damn franchise to other company that didn't know how to handle comic material.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

I would prefer for all of the properties to go back to Marvel/Disney and be rebooted....everything outside of the Marvel Production movies were just terrible imo....I know a lot of you will say that Spider-man 2 and X-Men 2 were good but at that point we had nothing but terrible comic movies to compare them to...If you look back at them now and compare them to Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins and the Dark Knight then those two movies were really terrible....and I know a lot of people aren't fans of reboots but if at first you don't succeed then try, try again and I really think that's what needs to be done

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jefprice
    @ryanwh said:

" Unless you change the core of their characters, you just can't make an interesting F4 movie. And if you're changing everything, it might as well be called something else. All the 2nd one left me wondering was when they'd make a Silver Surfer movie, so maybe work on that. "

Because SS is amazing. 

@FoxxFireArt said: 

@RaptorFratBoy: Galactus was a tremendous disappointment in that movie. I spent that whole thing wondering what he was going to look like and we never saw him. Sort of like watching the movie Contact and waiting to see the alien. Only for it to look like her father.  I thought the Skrulls would of been a better villain for the second movie. "

They said they were saving him for the follow up because they though the Surfer was risky enough, however Fox doesn't want to do the SS film so we may never see it. Till now that is..    
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Decept-O
    @danhimself said:
    "I would prefer for all of the properties to go back to Marvel/Disney and be rebooted....everything outside of the Marvel Production movies were just terrible imo....I know a lot of you will say that Spider-man 2 and X-Men 2 were good but at that point we had nothing but terrible comic movies to compare them to...If you look back at them now and compare them to Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins and the Dark Knight then those two movies were really terrible....and I know a lot of people aren't fans of reboots but if at first you don't succeed then try, try again and I really think that's what needs to be done "

Far better than what I said and I totally agree. 
    Dash`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dash`

disney doing a FF movie would be fantastic. Only because Disney are so good at putting a family on the big screens, add powers and monsters and you'll have this loveable romp akin to the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby stories of FF vol.1. 
    Seriously, it would be awesome!!

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i was pretty unhappy with the way the F4 movies were done personally.
    reboot though.....ive heard that ALOT of times, and have yet to see a movie go through the process
    other than Batman, and that was a long time before it happened. so im of an 8unfeuled opinion of this news.
    the last i heard they were spinning off a Surfer movie.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danhimself
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "i was pretty unhappy with the way the F4 movies were done personally. reboot though.....ive heard that ALOT of times, and have yet to see a movie go through the process other than Batman, and that was a long time before it happened. so im of an 8unfeuled opinion of this news. the last i heard they were spinning off a Surfer movie. "

Incredible Hulk?
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jefprice
    @Fenderman: See I thought Reed acted just like the guy I've read all these years. Same with the other two guys, Sue was the weak link for me. 
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    " @CATMANEXE said:
    "i was pretty unhappy with the way the F4 movies were done personally. reboot though.....ive heard that ALOT of times, and have yet to see a movie go through the process other than Batman, and that was a long time before it happened. so im of an 8unfeuled opinion of this news. the last i heard they were spinning off a Surfer movie. "
    Incredible Hulk? "
    technically. it had new actors. it was still a sequel. it took place after the events of the first.
    Edmond Dantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Edmond Dantes

Absotutely, remake it. And keep Disney the hell away from it.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MysterioMaximus

While I felt the four themselves weren’t all that bad, I’d say that Dr. Doom was arguably the biggest botched villain in comic film history. Nothing about movie Doom felt like debatably the (at least one of the) greatest comic villains of all-time. Victor is probably more popular and iconic then the actual Fantastic Four themselves. I certainly know he’s my favorite aspect of the FF books.  Most of my casual comic fan friends saw the film and said “You really think Dr. Doom is that great?” Do not; absolutely do not base your judgment of Doom on the films. The actor was off. The voice was off. The entire caricature was off.       

KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KJPPPimp

YES PLEASE! FF has always been one of my favorite teams since I was little but those movies were just awful. I say go for it with one of the more recent landmark writers attached like Mark Waid or Mark Millar, or even Chris Yost since the latest animated series got the characters so well (in my opinion)

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By Dark Cell
    @Darkchild said:
    "@Korg said:
    " @G-Man said:
    OBJECTION! "
    SECOND OBJECTION!!! "

Over Ruled! 

Yeah im all for another FF film in whatever shape or form.......as long as Disney isnt involved thank god.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg
    @Dark Cell said:
    " Over Ruled!"
    Way too late, plus overruled is one word. You're no judge!
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Dark Cell
    @Korg:
    Shhhhhhhhhhh XD
    TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TazzMission

itll be nice to see how this turns out honestly. can 3rd time be a charm? ill give it a chance
    johnjcoe9198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By johnjcoe9198

I actually think Disney would be better off at this than Fox.  I mean, THE INCREDIBLES was basically FF minus Reed (Mr. Incredible is really more like Ben, when you think about it-the everyman), with Dash basically acting like a younger Johnny), his wife does a good job imitating Sue's characterization (with Reed's own powerset, no less!), and the daughter as a younger Sue (same powerset, with Ben's angst).  I'm really surprised Marvel didn't bring a lawsuit against Pixar.  Even the Wikipedia page on the movie notes how similar it is to the FF concept.  So, just use that as a baseline.  
         In regards to Doom, just think Darth Vader and you've got your villain.  That's the main problem with Julian McMahon:  they only tried to replicate the LOOK of Vader onscreen, while not acknowledging his VOICE, and menacing presence.  We all know Vader's cool factor was more a combination of his height, black armor, and James Earl Jone's awesome voiceover work!  If I'm not mistaken, the production designers basically used Dr. Doom as an inspiration for designing Vader anyway. 
         One more thing, and it'll probably p**s-off all the purists out there, but use the ULTIMATE version of the FF, as it really makes for a better origin story, anyway.  The way Millar wrote the first volume of it, its actually much more interesting than the original version, anyway.  The characterisation is really heartfelt and spot-on.  The coolest part is how it portrays Reed and Victor as having very similar personalities, but with vastly different approaches.  Besides, it actually makes the Mole Man an appealing villain, and builds up Victor as one  
    bad-@$$ villain for the sequel!  And if it sounds like Victor should be in the first release, remember how much more threatening Saruman was in the TWO TOWERS, as apposed to playing it out in the first.  THEN you bring in either Annihilus or Galactus for the final movie.  And before anyone gets all hot and bothered about Ultimate Doom's Bambi-legs, even Millar wrote that out almost immediately.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bruce Vain

I personally loved the Fantastic Four movies. I thought the sequel was great - How Dr.Doom LOOKED like Dr.Doom & Silver Surfer just looking great. 

I thought the whole cast and special effects were phenomenal and pretty close to the source material. The Fantastic Four was never really a gritty comic book to me. It was always family oriented    to me and I thought the movies did just that. So I don't see why they should rebooted it. Just do another movie with the same cast this time bring in Namor or the Negative Zone. No sense in redoing the origin and all that non-sense. Marvel has a tendency to just say hey let's do a redo if they didn't like the original even though the Fantastic Four movies made money.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NightFang3

I have mixed feels about this.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Om1kron

seriously, why do they think a reboot of any movie franchise is a good idea?  

Batman was rebooted like 3 times before they got it right. lets not get on hulk or spider-man. X-Men 2 was the only decent one out of the bunch, and seriously fantastic 4 getting a reboot? That's just horrible. Move onto another property instead of trying to milk something that is familiar to consumers. 

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Moomin123

I don't understand. Is this a remake of the origin story or a 3rd movie in the trilogy.
    prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By prez

I want the ultimate fantastic four to be on the movie.
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tyler Starke

Disney makes better movies then fox, and reboots are always fun

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#40  Edited By xerox_kitty

Why bother rebooting?  If they don't want to work with what they've already done, then they should just sell the rights to Disney and let them start their Marvel-Movie franchise.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#41  Edited By Green ankh

The FF film just are not that good. So i would love to see a reboot with a new and GOOD cast.  But i have always felt FF would make a better Animated film. And after i saw the Incredables i am sure that is the case. I'd love to see Pixar make a FF film. But it will never happen.
    LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LastSon1027

Honestly I hate the FF so I don't care who does the movie it is bound to be boring either way.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Both movies weren't very good but they were OK. I think you are all upset because maybe you paid to see them? I pretty much watch them all when they are on cable.

Anyway, I say just keep it going. No need to do origins again. Just change the weak link actors/actresses and make a third. 

Also, I though that a Silver Surfer movie was being planned? Did that change? That's fine though, I worry about it not being good anyway.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LoganRogue24

i liked both movies they were fun they were for a more kids i think. well the first one was not sure about the second. i liked the actors who played Doom Sue Ben Johnny and Alicia the guy who played Reed was good i never seen him before but i liked his take on Reed though. idk if a reboot is a good idea they might as well reboot x-men sinse x-3 f**d evreything up the Wolverine film was not any better. i think the problem is Fox and Tom Rothmen they don"t care about makeing good films they just want to make quick cash and fast.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#45  Edited By HaloKing343

I think it's too early for a reboot. Give it at least five more years and then I probably won't care as much.

Kenjav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Kenjav

The only good thing about this movies was Dr. Doom. This is just Fox trying to get as much money as they can from the franchise. But maybe now they will make a better effort, as they will now have no options for licensing more Marvel characters. Hope so. All Marvel films by Fox - except X1 and X2 - have been... well, from disappointing to just awful.

Illuminarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Illuminarch

I was hoping this would revert to Marvel Studios so it could be done more faithfully and integrated into the Avengers/Cap/Iron Man/Thor movie universe, but I suppose their choice of actors can't get much worse than Jessica Alba for Sue or the clod from Nip/Tuck to play Dr. Doom.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MysterioMaximus

As much eye candy as Alba is, I’d really like Sue to be the All-American girl that she is in the comics. Jessica Alba just doesn’t look a darn thing like Sue Storm.    

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The Psyentist
    @Nobody said:
    "I want Dr. Doom in his armor not to be his armor "
    Yes.
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50  Edited By Nahero
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "

As much eye candy as Alba is, I’d really like Sue to be the All-American girl that she is in the comics. Jessica Alba just doesn’t look a darn thing like Sue Storm.    

"
    except for the blonde hair

awwwwww man there rebooting it but i love micheal chiklis

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.