Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Scans

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Post Deleted.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Post Deleted.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma, if you wrote a reply, I don't see it. Only what you've quoted.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

I know don't know what happened, sorry, I told you that I felt like you really meant what you said, my sentiments exactly. Thanks for the answer.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"I know don't know what happened, sorry, I told you that I felt like you really meant what you said, my sentiments exactly. Thanks for the answer."

It's nice to hear that. Sue's destiny always seems tied to either Reed or Namor (for a few notable exceptions of Ben). Because it seems like in a lot of "What If" issues Sue ends up with Namor instead of Reed.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "I know don't know what happened, sorry, I told you that I felt like you really meant what you said, my sentiments exactly. Thanks for the answer."

It's nice to hear that. Sue's destiny always seems tied to either Reed or Namor (for a few notable exceptions of Ben). Because it seems like in a lot of "What If" issues Sue ends up with Namor instead of Reed."

Yup, I guess almost everybody wants Reed n Sue to work things out, but then we get that feeling of "what if" that had happened, that makes us look to the other side of the coin and get a glimpse of what could' ve been.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Yup, I guess almost everybody wants Reed n Sue to work things out, but then we get that feeling of "what if" that had happened, that makes us look to the other side of the coin and get a glimpse of what could' ve been."

Very true. Part of methinks at some point in the future something is going to happen to get Sue and Namor together officially, but eventually she'll always go back to Reed.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Yup, I guess almost everybody wants Reed n Sue to work things out, but then we get that feeling of "what if" that had happened, that makes us look to the other side of the coin and get a glimpse of what could' ve been."

Very true. Part of methinks at some point in the future something is going to happen to get Sue and Namor together officially, but eventually she'll always go back to Reed. "

Agreed, I hope they do it in a very credible and realistic way.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Maelstrom

I think they could make it happen. Perhaps Sue and Reed have an official separation from their marriage. We'll get to see them struggle without each other and then we'll get a view into their lives for a period of time. I'd love to see how Reed functions without Sue for a long period of time knowing she's still around. Because he's said before (I think) that Sue is his humanity.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"I think they could make it happen. Perhaps Sue and Reed have an official separation from their marriage. We'll get to see them struggle without each other and then we'll get a view into their lives for a period of time. I'd love to see how Reed functions without Sue for a long period of time knowing she's still around. Because he's said before (I think) that Sue is his humanity. "

I thought they may stay separated after Civil War. It would have been cool to see, like you said, how they function as individuals. Would Namor make his move? Would Reed become the jealous stalker type ex (o_O) what about the kids? Or the team? Would have made for some real drama in the Marvel U.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Gambler says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "I think they could make it happen. Perhaps Sue and Reed have an official separation from their marriage. We'll get to see them struggle without each other and then we'll get a view into their lives for a period of time. I'd love to see how Reed functions without Sue for a long period of time knowing she's still around. Because he's said before (I think) that Sue is his humanity. "
    I thought they may stay separated after Civil War. It would have been cool to see, like you said, how they function as individuals. Would Namor make his move? Would Reed become the jealous stalker type ex (o_O) what about the kids? Or the team? Would have made for some real drama in the Marvel U."
    Marvel's first family taking a note from the Clinton's? Yeah, that WOULD be good story material.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By The_Ghostshell

White Mage says:

"Gambler says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    I thought they may stay separated after Civil War. It would have been cool to see, like you said, how they function as individuals. Would Namor make his move? Would Reed become the jealous stalker type ex (o_O) what about the kids? Or the team? Would have made for some real drama in the Marvel U."
    Marvel's first family taking a note from the Clinton's? Yeah, that WOULD be good story material."

?

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Maelstrom

Gambler says:

"I thought they may stay separated after Civil War. It would have been cool to see, like you said, how they function as individuals. Would Namor make his move? Would Reed become the jealous stalker type ex (o_O) what about the kids? Or the team? Would have made for some real drama in the Marvel U."

I did too but at the end of the day Sue loves him, and if she could forgive him for shutting down Franklin's mind she could forgive him for the utter stupidity of his actions during Civil War.

I think Reed and Sue would have both taken time with the kids. They love them so much. And they're both good parents. You can call Reed a lot of things but a bad parent is not one of them... he's always been a loving father.

The drama potential is always present because whether you love it or hate it... Sue/Namor/Reed has always been THE love triangle in comics (in my opinion, anyway).

Post Edited:2007-11-18 21:37:41

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

That's a good idea. I think that's what they wanted to do in the 90s(minus the official seperation) but between bad writing and over the top stories they couldn't make it happen.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
    Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Gaaaayyyyy!!!

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Maelstrom says:

That's a good idea. I think that's what they wanted to do in the 90s(minus the official seperation) but between bad writing and over the top stories they couldn't make it happen."

I think they could have made it work during Byrne's run. That would have been great. Perhaps Millar will do something like that. Lol. Somewhat dreading that after Civil War (granted it was a great arc. But the ending left me wanting for more/ something different).

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Maelstrom says:

That's a good idea. I think that's what they wanted to do in the 90s(minus the official seperation) but between bad writing and over the top stories they couldn't make it happen."

I think they could have made it work during Byrne's run. That would have been great. Perhaps Millar will do something like that. Lol. Somewhat dreading that after Civil War (granted it was a great arc. But the ending left me wanting for more/ something different)."

Very true. Let's hope for the best.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Very true. Let's hope for the best."

Definitely. Anything for my favorite quartet of characters/ superhero team of all-time.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    " Very true. Let's hope for the best."
    Definitely. Anything for my favorite quartet of characters/ superhero team of all-time."
    Am I the only person who was pissed off that Reed, Ben, Sue, Ororo, Johhny, and T'challa werent' able to take out the Hulk? I mean, ALL SIX of them just losing like that? Between Sue, Storm, and the Thing that fight could have been longer, but then you add the rest of them? SIGH, I guess some people just don't know how to write certain people well.
    Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:

Definitely. Anything for my favorite quartet of characters/ superhero team of all-time."

You are funny. I guess you really like them.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Maelstrom

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:

You are funny. I guess you really like them."

What's so funny about it? :P

I love the Fantastic Four. I love their entire dynamic. They're a family first and foremost. They're explorers, and they're heroes when they need to be.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Maelstrom says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:

You are funny. I guess you really like them."

What's so funny about it? :P

I love the Fantastic Four. I love their entire dynamic. They're a family first and foremost. They're explorers, and they're heroes when they need to be."

You said it, I love them too!

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Maelstrom

White Mage says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    Am I the only person who was pissed off that Reed, Ben, Sue, Ororo, Johhny, and T'challa werent' able to take out the Hulk? I mean, ALL SIX of them just losing like that? Between Sue, Storm, and the Thing that fight could have been longer, but then you add the rest of them? SIGH, I guess some people just don't know how to write certain people well."

I think it's a given some people shouldn't be given free reign on certain characters. Eyes Stracinzky for having the Thing go to France. Then eyes Millar for what he did to Captain America at the end of Civil War.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Maelstrom

Me too, Fantasma. They're unique in their own right.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    Am I the only person who was pissed off that Reed, Ben, Sue, Ororo, Johhny, and T'challa werent' able to take out the Hulk? I mean, ALL SIX of them just losing like that? Between Sue, Storm, and the Thing that fight could have been longer, but then you add the rest of them? SIGH, I guess some people just don't know how to write certain people well. "
    I think it's a given some people shouldn't be given free reign on certain characters. *Eyes Stracinzky for having the Thing go to France. Then eyes Millar for what he did to Captain America at the end of Civil War.*"
    I'm still mad about that! Of all the people in the Marvel world to back out of a fight, and you choose the THING!!! Man, talk about bad writing.
    Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Maelstrom

White Mage says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    Am I the only person who was pissed off that Reed, Ben, Sue, Ororo, Johhny, and T'challa werent' able to take out the Hulk? I mean, ALL SIX of them just losing like that? Between Sue, Storm, and the Thing that fight could have been longer, but then you add the rest of them? SIGH, I guess some people just don't know how to write certain people well. "
    I think it's a given some people shouldn't be given free reign on certain characters. *Eyes Stracinzky for having the Thing go to France. Then eyes Millar for what he did to Captain America at the end of Civil War.*"
    I'm still mad about that! Of all the people in the Marvel world to back out of a fight, and you choose the THING!!! Man, talk about bad writing."

I don't know WHAT Stracinzky was thinking. In the least he came back during the final battle of Civil War (which is a credit to Millar).

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    "White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    I'm still mad about that! Of all the people in the Marvel world to back out of a fight, and you choose the THING!!! Man, talk about bad writing. "
    I don't know WHAT Stracinzky was thinking. In the least he came back during the final battle of Civil War (which is a credit to Millar)."
    But it was too late. The damage had been done. Oh well, that's just a terrible memory I'll just have to work on suprressing. At least until I see anymore Civil War articles.
    Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Maelstrom

As the saying goes "better late than never" but you're right, a lot of fans, and even people who weren't fans just lost respect for Ben for that. Which sucks because Ben is a great character.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I miss the cigar.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Maelstrom

Gambler says:

"I miss the cigar."

Blame Marvel's anti-smoking stance. Even when the team met God (who was supposed to represent Kirby) they didn't allow him to hold the cigar, so they just had it neatly placed next to him. I'll need to scan that. It was really something else.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"As the saying goes "better late than never" but you're right, a lot of fans, and even people who weren't fans just lost respect for Ben for that. Which sucks because Ben is a great character. "
    No one else could've made IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME! Cool, only him. But luckily, they seem to be trying to overwrite his mistake by getting people who know the character to write him.
    Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Mael...wheres my Sue Bikini pic!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"Gambler says:
    "I miss the cigar."

Blame Marvel's anti-smoking stance. Even when the team met God (who was supposed to represent Kirby) they didn't allow him to hold the cigar, so they just had it neatly placed next to him. I'll need to scan that. It was really something else. "

I hate that stance. Thing, Nick Fury, Wolverine, Gambit. They all smoked, and then quit cold turkey :P

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#184  Edited By Copy

Maelstrom says:

"Gambler says:
    "I miss the cigar."
    Blame Marvel's anti-smoking stance. Even when the team met God (who was supposed to represent Kirby) they didn't allow him to hold the cigar, so they just had it neatly placed next to him. I'll need to scan that. It was really something else. "

I hate cigars or any kind of smoking so that's not a big deal to me that no one smokes anymore in marvel.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Maelstrom

Akira, you'll get it eventually, don't worry.

Gambler, honestly, I think it's better that Gambit quit smoking, I don't know but him smoking just looked weird.

Now I must say that with everyone else mentioned, yeah it does looks strange.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"Akira, you'll get it eventually, don't worry. Gambler, honestly, I think it's better that Gambit quit smoking, I don't know but him smoking just looked weird. Now I must say that with everyone else mentioned, yeah it does looks strange. "
    I agree with the Gambit comment. After hearing that man talk and the way he dresses and keeps his hair, there's only so much more that I can take before I think he's just a hobo.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its BS is what it is. There saying that it makes smoking look cool and that means kids will want to do it. What about the $#@!ing violence? They make that look cool, but they have no problem showing Wolverine cut off Sabretooth's head, just as long as he isn't smoking when he does it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By The_Ghostshell

White Mage says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "Akira, you'll get it eventually, don't worry. Gambler, honestly, I think it's better that Gambit quit smoking, I don't know but him smoking just looked weird. Now I must say that with everyone else mentioned, yeah it does looks strange. "
    I agree with the Gambit comment. After hearing that man talk and the way he dresses and keeps his hair, there's only so much more that I can take before I think he's just a hobo."

Thats who he is. He's a thieve from the back waters of New Orleans. He basically is a hobo.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Gambler says:

"Its BS is what it is. There saying that it makes smoking look cool and that means kids will want to do it. What about the $#@!ing violence? They make that look cool, but they have no problem showing Wolverine cut off Sabretooth's head, just as long as he isn't smoking when he does it."
    I agree with everything except smoking Gambit.
    Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Maelstrom

White Mage says:

"Maelstrom says:
    I agree with the Gambit comment. After hearing that man talk and the way he dresses and keeps his hair, there's only so much more that I can take before I think he's just a hobo."

He talks the way he does because he's Cajun and that's his dialect. And if he talked any other way, now that'd be the weirdest thing in the world.

I like Gambit, and in my opinion I think he's perfect now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:

He talks the way he does because he's Cajun and that's his dialect. And if he talked any other way, now that'd be the weirdest thing in the world.

I like Gambit, and in my opinion I think he's perfect now. "

Thats my girl ;)

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Maelstrom

Gambler says:

"Thats my girl ;)"

Always.

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Maelstrom

I hate that damn chorus. :P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom says:

"Gambler says:
    "Thats my girl ;)"

Always.

"

Chorusalways, and foreverrrrrr.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Maelstrom says:

"White Mage says:
    "Maelstrom says:
    I agree with the Gambit comment. After hearing that man talk and the way he dresses and keeps his hair, there's only so much more that I can take before I think he's just a hobo. "
    He talks the way he does because he's Cajun and that's his dialect. And if he talked any other way, now that'd be the weirdest thing in the world. I like Gambit, and in my opinion I think he's perfect now. "
    That's fine. It's just that sometimes it's almost as if reading certain Gambit writers writing is like those little cereal games, where you put it up close to your eyes and then ssslllllooowwwlllllyyy pull away, then look at the side of the box for the answers. I'm glad Marvel fixed that problem.
    Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Maelstrom

White Mage says:

" That's fine. It's just that sometimes it's almost as if reading certain Gambit writers writing is like those little cereal games, where you put it up close to your eyes and then ssslllllooowwwlllllyyy pull away, then look at the side of the box for the answers. I'm glad Marvel fixed that problem."

Laughs. The bad part is I could actually see myself doing that.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Maelstrom

And as promised (I'll get to the other scans I've promised to others later). :

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Maelstrom says:

"And as promised (I'll get to the other scans I've promised to others later). :
    " />http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Demonic-Ascension/Marvel-Comics/Fantastic-Four/Marvel-Knights/Issue-3/pg-15.jpg"

I love that woman!!!

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Chameleone

Akira Overdrive says:

"Maelstrom says:
    "And as promised (I'll get to the other scans I've promised to others later). :
    " />http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x55/Demonic-Ascension/Marvel-Comics/Fantastic-Four/Marvel-Knights/Issue-3/pg-15.jpg"

I love that woman!!!"

i need that picture to uhhh....work on

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.