Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes

Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently started watching this show again an it hit me just how great this show is. Honestly I'd rank it up amongst Marvel's best animated series as well as one of the best animated adaptations of a comic book period. The voice acting was overall excellent and the characterizations were likewise. They chose great villains to appear in the series and the show had a great balance of humor and action. Anybody else a fan of this show?

#1 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked their uniforms in the show, but I do agree that it was a very good show.

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked this show. It's extremely underrated, IMO.

#3 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
I never liked their uniforms in the show, but I do agree that it was a very good show.
Yeah the suits was one of my problems my other was Doom's Origin mirroring the movie, but considering it came out shortly after I get that choice. This is minor but I didn't like their take on The Atlantians and Moloids either. 
#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33380 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I liked it, although i have only seen one or two episodes

#5 Posted by War Killer (20205 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: I didn't really mind the change that much since like you said, it came out shortly after the movie. But I never got to see the episode's with Namor. I did like the episode with the Skrull's though. Also I loved when other characters would make guest appearances, Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Iron Man were nice to see pop up....although I didn't like the design they went with for Hank Pym, looks too much like Scott Lang's Ant-Man look.
#6 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to start watching it

#7 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer
Yeah, they did a pretty good job with guest appearances. They NAILED Namor, I love the two episodes with him. 

@haydenclaireheroes
You can watch the whole series @ Marvel's site. 

@Gambit1024
Indeed, I especially love the way Sue was written. Yost really does a great job of adapting Marvel's characters to animated shows. 
#8 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

was really disappointed when it was cancelled thought that it was one of the better animated shows that were on at the time

#9 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK
Likewise, man. I had heard rumors that it was coming back. 
#10 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

What War Killer said.
#11 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever happen to it?

#12 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64
Erratic scheduling of episodes and an ever-shifting time slot. So it got pulled and never aired in full on tv. I've been watching the episodes on Marvel's site. 
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: So it got cancelled?
#14 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@RedK: Likewise, man. I had heard rumors that it was coming back. 
where did you hear that? don't suppose you have a link to where it was mentioned
#15 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64
Yup, but did air in full and was collected on DVD

@RedK
I was watching an ep. on Marvel's site and it said something about returning in October. I think it might be an old message now that I think about it. Since the newest vid was posted back in the summer of 09, right around the time it started being shown on Boomerang. I hope the success of Avengers convinces marvel to this series or another staring the Four a chance, once they get the rights back form Fox of course...
#16 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@Primmaster64
Yup, but did air in full and was collected on DVD

@RedK
I was watching an ep. on Marvel's site and it said something about returning in October. I think it might be an old message now that I think about it. Since the newest vid was posted back in the summer of 09, right around the time it started being shown on Boomerang. I hope the success of Avengers convinces marvel to this series or another staring the Four a chance, once they get the rights back form Fox of course...
Well they did have a cameo on Avengers: EMH, so I'd keep my eyes open for a new FF show. 
#17 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I was:).

I love the effect they gave for Sue's shield.
#18 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kimmy:  
Agree. I'm really glad they made sure Sue had her force field powers. She's probably my favorite character in the show, same as in the comics. 
#19 Posted by Kimmy (203 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@Kimmy:  Agree. I'm really glad they made sure Sue had her force field powers. She's probably my favorite character in the show, same as in the comics. 
woohoo:)<3 I just love how they displayed it, it was good 
#20 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kimmy:  
lol
#21 Edited by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, especially the opening song 

#22 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@mark5: Little ol' me? Nope never, bro. And yeah I love this theme song. Has a real Star Trek feel to it. 
#23 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

i watched it on nicktoons and it was a great show. All their voices suit them so nicely

#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda miss it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.