Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Four to be relaunched -_-

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By BR_Havoc

So IGN is reporting that the Fantastic Four will be relaunched once again this time by James Robinson with this being the plot "the demise of the Fantastic Four" and following how the team got to that point.

I have always loved the Fantastic Four and I adore what Hickman did with them but this feels like a slap in the face. Marvel is now what committed to breaking up any family that they have on their roster? I am sick of that crap and Robinson has shown in the past he can be a lights out writer or he can just create a mess and I am predicting this is going to be a mess. I am really pissed off right now that it seems Marvels first family is about to be ended for no reason at all........I really need to give up mainstream comics all they do is dissapoint.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

*Slow clap*

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Gotta admit I have no idea what that means.

I know I am venting here and being unreasonable but I am just sick of this bull.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

@br_havoc:

My apologies. It means I agree with you, and this was something that needed to be said.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

This is sad news, as although I dropped the current series I like the team.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The book isn't selling that great so I'm not surprised

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow: Its not the character's fault or the family dynamic that caused the book not to sell well it was Fractions lost in space and time story. So why does the family have to go away because Fraction lost interest in his idea and the book suffered?

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

What I think is the most ridiculous thing is that this almost guarantees a new number 1. We JUST had a Fantastic Four #1 like less than a year ago.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9 vance_astro  Moderator
    @br_havoc said:

So IGN is reporting that the Fantastic Four will be relaunched once again this time by James Robinson with this being the plot "the demise of the Fantastic Four" and following how the team got to that point.

I have always loved the Fantastic Four and I adore what Hickman did with them but this feels like a slap in the face. Marvel is now what committed to breaking up any family that they have on their roster? I am sick of that crap and Robinson has shown in the past he can be a lights out writer or he can just create a mess and I am predicting this is going to be a mess. I am really pissed off right now that it seems Marvels first family is about to be ended for no reason at all........I really need to give up mainstream comics all they do is dissapoint.

I disagree that it's ending for no reason. Sales are everything to a business. I also doubt that it has anything to do with Matt Fraction. F4 is an important team to Marvel. If Fraction wasn't cutting it they'd just replace him. I think there's more to it than that. I think the team has kind of lost it's appeal.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Hickman just did an amazing run that brought the team closer than ever and sold well. So how has the team lost its appeal? If they think breaking up Marvel's first family is going to get them sales there crazy remember what happened when they did it in the Ultimate universe?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand the big deal here tbh

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BR_Havoc

@maccyd: Big deal is the Fantastic Four are unique to Marvel and comics in general because they are a family. Hickman said they are the perfect family in an imperfect world its part of their dynamic by breaking them up or killing them off or whatever Robinson has planned. He is removing the only thing that separates them from the X-men or any other team in the Marvel universe.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: He killed the human torch? It's only a comic book death, it'll deal with the repercussions for a year or so then bamn everything is back to normal. Don't see the big deal

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Well" killing" Johnny (We never saw him die) is different it made the family go through some very hard times but it did not break them up Robinsons idea is not killing the members of the F4 its about killing the family. Its a big deal because Marvel does not have a good track record of getting families back together.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is Marvel rebooting every comic one by one?

Marvel 52 :/

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MakkyD

@br_havoc: You sure it said killing the family? Everywhere I read just says 'demise of the fantastic four' and the series revolves around how it happened.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BR_Havoc

@maccyd: My god I am getting sick of this damn glitch it has happened to me close to 20 times in the past 3 days. I have read on a few other sites that it will be the demise of the team. They will break up at the beginning and I guess we will see the horrors that lead to the team disbanding.

Ether way sounds like a boring and depressing story line and life is to short to waste time reading shit that will bum you out.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Blank writing glitch, you'll have to rewrite it.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

I still don't understand why making a Fantastic Four movie was a thing Marvel decided was a good idea in the first place.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I don't want another half-assed Doom.

The Red Ghost--David Bradley (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter franchise), and/or The Wingless Wizard--John Simm (Doctor Who), and/or The Molecule Man--Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire), and/or The Puppet Master--Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner), and/or a real, proper Galactus, voiced by James Earl Jones if he's feeling up to it.

It doesn't matter who the quartet is; the movie will still blow. The villain may offset the damage marginally, and at least ensure a good box office take.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#22 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Can't be worse than Fraction. But this is comics. Just because it says it's the team's demise, doesn't actually mean that is the final result.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BR_Havoc

@jloneblackheart: Damn Gitch! I get what you are saying and its true this could be the classic death of the fantastic four only to have it end with Reed is faking the deaths or something like that. I just get a bit nervous when it comes to Marvel and couples seems no one is untouchable so why would the Richards family be different?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if FF is being affected too.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if FF is being affected too.

Well I just heard that it's ending, but I haven't seen news of a relaunch.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By kidchipotle

WAIT did I read that right? Did Johnny die "AGAIN"? I dropped the book a couple issues back so I don't know what's going on.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BR_Havoc

@arturocalakayvee: No Johnny did not die again there all still lost in space. With both F4 and FF ending at 16, Robinson is going to relaunch the series and the first story line is the demise of the F4 and then the rest is a flashback of how it happened.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I really hope this isn't the case because the FF are some of my favourite Marvel heroes. To rip apart the tightly knit bonds of family that make up the team would be a disgrace to the first family of Marvel. As if Fraction hasn't done enough to them.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I agree with you 100 percent. I honestly feel that if they do rip the F4 apart that I will just give up on the book for a long while, Hell I am petty I will give up on Robinson's writing in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Surprised at this news, F4 is still selling reasonably well.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

I really hope this isn't the case because the FF are some of my favourite Marvel heroes. To rip apart the tightly knit bonds of family that make up the team would be a disgrace to the first family of Marvel. As if Fraction hasn't done enough to them.

I haven't been keeping up with FF. What'd Fraction do that was so bad?

Also it's a bit silly and redundant to give them a new number 1 but I don't think it's that big of a deal. "The demise of the Fantastic Four" is probably just a story arc and I doubt it's going to be permanent. Relax a little

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: Fraction did not do anything bad to them other then lose interest in his lost in space and time story. He pulled a JMS with Superman and stopped caring his most current arc is really confusing and hard to make sense of.

Even if it's just a story arc people are sick of this break the F4 up or but Sue and Reeds marriage threw the ringer. We have seen it 100 times and it's never worked because the book needs the family part of it.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

@grenadeflow: Its not the character's fault or the family dynamic that caused the book not to sell well it was Fractions lost in space and time story. So why does the family have to go away because Fraction lost interest in his idea and the book suffered?

I agree with this. That was the main reason why I didn't give the book a try when after it launched

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By dernman  Online

Not happy with the news. Can only hope it's not what it implies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@br_havoc: I hear Robinson is a good writer but most of what I've read from his work hasn't impressed me so far.

@lvenger said:

I haven't been keeping up with FF. What'd Fraction do that was so bad?

Also it's a bit silly and redundant to give them a new number 1 but I don't think it's that big of a deal. "The demise of the Fantastic Four" is probably just a story arc and I doubt it's going to be permanent. Relax a little

It's just annoying to see Marvel's original ticket into the Big Leagues being treated so badly. Fraction has just dropped the ball massively with his writing and the whole "Demis of the FF" is something Fraction is doing in his arc. Unoriginal much?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Robinson is a writer that people like to hype up as one of the best but truth be told he is good books he can create from the bottom. Anything that has history he is terrible.

Yeah its sad to see how the Fantastic Four are being treated we had Hickman that had a run for the ages and now we are stuck with two writers that just want to rehash this garbage of put the family through hell or break them up we know they will get back together so can we skip this nonsense?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres no way they will destroy the Fantastic Four and leave it that way. A year max, more likely an issue or two.

Also its likely half or most of them will just move over to the Future Foundation

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: I hope so man just with Marvel I worry because we all said they Spider-Man and MJ would be together again that them broken up would never last.....its been what 7 years?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.