Fantastic Four should change their name. Any suggestions?

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: They just need a SPIN-OFF team is all! Maybe they could branch out into a team called "The Fantastic Four East Coast" Or "Fantastic Four Japan" Or even "Fantastic Four EXTREME!!!" Okay, that LAST one might be a bit much, but I don't get how the Fantastic Four isn't allowed to have only ONE team when the Avengers and X-Men are allowed to have MANY! The Fantastic Four have allies, friends and even ENEMIES who would probably want to help add to their numbers but we only get ONE team? It just seems a tad unfair to me!

#52 Posted by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

@jhazzroucher: They just need a SPIN-OFF team is all! Maybe they could branch out into a team called "The Fantastic Four East Coast" Or "Fantastic Four Japan" Or even "Fantastic Four EXTREME!!!" Okay, that LAST one might be a bit much, but I don't get how the Fantastic Four isn't allowed to have only ONE team when the Avengers and X-Men are allowed to have MANY! The Fantastic Four have allies, friends and even ENEMIES who would probably want to help add to their numbers but we only get ONE team? It just seems a tad unfair to me!

That is a great idea!!! That way they can add more members without messing up the "4" in Fantastic Four

#53 Posted by BatWatch (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, didn't they already do that with Future Foundation?

Second, let me see what crap I can come up with off the top of my head.

Forensic Fighters

Fairly Fine Fellows

Fickle Foxes

Furnished Frogs

Frankenstein Followers

Free Flowing F*****

#54 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me back The New Fantastic Four!! Spiderman,Wolverine,Hulk, and Ghostrider!!!!!

#55 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Invisible_Witch: The Fantastic Four does have RESERVE members, take for example She Hulk, The Black Panther, Scott Lang, (Ant Man 2.) Luke Cage, and last but certainly not least, Spider-Man! Plus, there was the NEW Fantastic Four with Joe Fixit, (The GREY Hulk.) Wolverine, Ghost Rider, and once again, SPIDER-MAN! So giving the Fantastic Four a NEW team to call upon whenever the OLD team is busy, incapacitated or just needs a nice long break from it all, the resevists should be there to pick up the slack. The Fantastic Force was a great idea but sadly, they all came off as people who weren't there to help people just HIT people, making them pretty much generic 90's anti-heroes! And while they did still have potential, it just wasn't realized fast enough and it ALL went downhill from there. But I say another Fantastic four team still needs to happen! The problem NOW is, WHO could be in it? MY vote is for some B-List characters, let's stick to four, at least for now.

Lyja: Oh, COME ON! I know she was a Skrull spy but she softened up quite a bit and still has feelings for Johnny AND the other members of the F.F. as well! Besides, EVERYONE needs a shapeshifter or two on their team!

Darkhawk: Why? Because why NOT! That's why!

The Silver Surfer: He can't be a loner forever you know!

A reprogrammed Kree Sentry: He could be the computer and the brute both at the same time!

#56 Posted by jhazzroucher (16500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Invisible_Witch said:

@infonation said:

@jhazzroucher: They just need a SPIN-OFF team is all! Maybe they could branch out into a team called "The Fantastic Four East Coast" Or "Fantastic Four Japan" Or even "Fantastic Four EXTREME!!!" Okay, that LAST one might be a bit much, but I don't get how the Fantastic Four isn't allowed to have only ONE team when the Avengers and X-Men are allowed to have MANY! The Fantastic Four have allies, friends and even ENEMIES who would probably want to help add to their numbers but we only get ONE team? It just seems a tad unfair to me!

That is a great idea!!! That way they can add more members without messing up the "4" in Fantastic Four

but that would mean different FF comics.

#57 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Would that be good or bad?

#58 Posted by jhazzroucher (16500 posts) - - Show Bio

@infonation said:

@jhazzroucher: Would that be good or bad?

neither.

What I'm trying to do is give the FF a bigger roster so that they can compete with the Avengers and the X-men and so that if Marvel wants heroes to fight each other, it's not just gonna be another Avengers vs X-men again but Avengers vs FF vs X-Men

and i believe that FF will be more members.

#59 Edited by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@infonation said:

@jhazzroucher: Would that be good or bad?

neither.

What I'm trying to do is give the FF a bigger roster so that they can compete with the Avengers and the X-men and so that if Marvel wants heroes to fight each other, it's not just gonna be another Avengers vs X-men again but Avengers vs FF vs X-Men

and i believe that FF will be more members.

I get what your saying but just like the X-men they only have about 6 or 7 on the main roster as time when by they made more X-men team(Cyclops Team,Wolverine,Team Rogue team and New X-men) so when the AVX event happen they pull them all together which isn't a bad idea to make more fantastic four team

#60 Posted by PolarisJunkie (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. Fantastic Four's core concept has always been about family and that also spilled into the Future Foundation. Adding random characters to just add more to their numbers seems weird to me. Fantastic Four's uniqueness is that it is a family of heroes and that should always remain whenever it is relaunched, advertised, talked about, etc, IMO.

#61 Edited by jhazzroucher (16500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Invisible_Witch said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@infonation said:

@jhazzroucher: Would that be good or bad?

neither.

What I'm trying to do is give the FF a bigger roster so that they can compete with the Avengers and the X-men and so that if Marvel wants heroes to fight each other, it's not just gonna be another Avengers vs X-men again but Avengers vs FF vs X-Men

and i believe that FF will be more members.

I get what your saying but just like the X-men they only have about 6 or 7 on the main roster as time when by they made more X-men team(Cyclops Team,Wolverine,Team Rogue team and New X-men) so when the AVX event happen they pull them all together which isn't a bad idea to make more fantastic four team

You have a good point. If Avengers and X-men have different comic titles every month, then the FF should too. But the problem here is that if there's gonna be a main event, for example Fantastic Four vs Avengers, it's kinda awkward that the name of the team is Fantastic Four but we see the cover showing more than 4 members of Fantastic Four.

so i really think we should drop the "Four" word.
#62 Edited by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...Fantastic Fourteen?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.