Fantastic Four should change their name. Any suggestions?

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

The name of their group limits to four members only. and if they'll add more members, it's kinda lame that they still call themselves the Fantastic Four.

If they'll continue to use "Fantastic Four" name, they will never beat Avengers and X-Men popularity.

I want FF to change their name cos they seem to be the only team who has the chance of beating Avengers and X-Men popularity.

So for me, they should change their name, which means changing their costumes too. Keep the original members, then add more members.

so what team name would you suggest?

and please mention 4-6 characters you want to be part of the team. and don't include those who have been current members of the Avengers and X-men.

#2 Posted by Ms. Omega (4541 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fiery Food Flingers!!!

#3 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

#4 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35065 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

Well its not really a team as such, its more like a school
#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@jhazzroucher

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

Well its not really a team as such, its more like a school

I see, thanks for letting me know

#7 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@jhazzroucher

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

Well its not really a team as such, its more like a school

I see, thanks for letting me know

Well, that was true. But it's less clear going forward:

I can't tell if the above team is going by "Future Foundation" or just "The FF/Fantastic Four" and Scott Lang is leading the Future Foundation school on the side.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

^ who's the girl in the Thing costume?

#9 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#10 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastico Quatro :D

#11 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

^ who's the girl in the Thing costume?

She's Johnny Storm's chosen member in a replacement FF. She's just a girl he was with the night before and for some reason she's been plonked in a Thing like power suit and is a member of the FF now. According to Fraction, "She's the regular person, she's the human, she's the overwhelmed 'Whaaa?' of it all," said Fraction."

Kill me now. I'm so glad I'm dropping this after Hickman leaves. Fraction's just not the right writer for this title.

#12 Edited by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

^ who's the girl in the Thing costume?

It's a new character. She's apparently a "celebutante" who Johnny was spending the night with before the original FF had to go on a mission, so when Reed asked him who he selected as a "backup" for while they were gone he was like "oh, uh, she'll do," because he's Johnny and doesn't care. So she's in a Thing robot suit and is going by "Miss Thing" or "Lady Thing" or something.

#13 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: What's wrong with the names Fantastic Four or the Future Foundation? The gimmick behind them is that they're a family. They're not comprised of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a gathering of mutants or outcasts. They're a tightly knit group that goes on extraordinary adventures. For all their arguments, their relationships are definitely as appealing as the relationships in the Avengers or X-Men, maybe even more so.

#14 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, since I can;t think of a good team name yet, I'll just post the 6 characters I'd want to be part of the team.

1. Darkhawk

2. Prime (from Malibu Comics)

3. Pressure (from Malibu Comics)

4. She-Hulk

5. Squirrel Girl

6. still thinking. : )

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@jhazzroucher: What's wrong with the names Fantastic Four or the Future Foundation? The gimmick behind them is that they're a family. They're not comprised of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a gathering of mutants or outcasts. They're a tightly knit group that goes on extraordinary adventures. For all their arguments, their relationships are definitely as appealing as the relationships in the Avengers or X-Men, maybe even more so.

the "Four" is kinda limited especially that they're planning to add more members and Future Foundation doesn't sound like a team name.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (21233 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Lvenger said:

@jhazzroucher: What's wrong with the names Fantastic Four or the Future Foundation? The gimmick behind them is that they're a family. They're not comprised of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a gathering of mutants or outcasts. They're a tightly knit group that goes on extraordinary adventures. For all their arguments, their relationships are definitely as appealing as the relationships in the Avengers or X-Men, maybe even more so.

the "Four" is kinda limited especially that they're planning to add more members and Future Foundation doesn't sound like a team name.

It really more or less applies to the main family, that is Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny. They're not the Avengers or the X-Men so they shouldn't have to expand that much. Besides the Future Foundation is a school, not a team. That's what makes them different from other superhero teams. The FF was designed to be an organisation to hone young geniuses, not to save the world on a daily basis. Renaming them would detract from the defining feature of the team.

#17 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@jhazzroucher

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

Well its not really a team as such, its more like a school

I see, thanks for letting me know

Well, that was true. But it's less clear going forward:

I can't tell if the above team is going by "Future Foundation" or just "The FF/Fantastic Four" and Scott Lang is leading the Future Foundation school on the side.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1

MATT FRACTION (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)

Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Artist variant by DAVE JOHNSON

Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA

Sketch Variant by JOE QUESADA

F4/FF Connecting Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Young Baby Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG

Blank Cover Variant Also Available

Four adults. Two kids. One “car.” NOW! begins a journey through all of infinite time and space.

.

.

.

FF #1

MATT FRACTION (W) • MIKE ALLRED (A&C)

Variant by TBA

F4/FF CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY

YOUNG BABY VARIANT BY SKOTTIE YOUNG

BLANK COVER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE

Blank Cover Variant Also Available

We have seen the future and it will be fantastic! In the absence of the Fantastic Four, a substitute Four, hand-picked by the real deal--Ant-Man, Medusa, She-Hulk and Miss Thing--stand ready to guard the Earth and the nascent Future Foundation for four minutes... NOW! what could possibly go wrong?

#18 Posted by danhimself (22714 posts) - - Show Bio

also they shouldn't change their name or add new members or anything like that...the Fantastic Four isn't a team in the general sense...they're a family...the only reason why Spider-man was allowed to join is because he's like a member of their extended family...that's the problem I have with the replacement team in FF..Ant-Man and Miss Thing just don't belong....they have no connection to the original FF...Spider-man should have been in there along with some like Black Panther...Miss Thing is just redundant when you have She Hulk on the team

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35065 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: Miss Thing is just some party girl socialite that Johnny picked for the LOL's 
#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

also they shouldn't change their name or add new members or anything like that...the Fantastic Four isn't a team in the general sense...they're a family...the only reason why Spider-man was allowed to join is because he's like a member of their extended family...that's the problem I have with the replacement team in FF..Ant-Man and Miss Thing just don't belong....they have no connection to the original FF...Spider-man should have been in there along with some like Black Panther...Miss Thing is just redundant when you have She Hulk on the team

but we always hear substitutes in FF. I would prefer the FF still on the issue with more members.

#21 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

They should add Storm and Black Panther and just call themselves the Stormy Six.

#22 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

If they want to expand they can just call it Fantastic Force.

Put eight members.

  • Reed
  • Sue
  • Johnny
  • Ben
  • Black Panther
  • Storm
  • Medusa
  • Ant Man "Lang"

I wanted to use all former FF members, but Ant Man is joining and is a good fit.

#23 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fantastics

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

If they want to expand they can just call it Fantastic Force.

Put eight members.

  • Reed
  • Sue
  • Johnny
  • Ben
  • Black Panther
  • Storm
  • Medusa
  • Ant Man "Lang"

I wanted to use all former FF members, but Ant Man is joining and is a good fit.

that's a pretty good roster but why Lang and not Pym?

#25 Posted by Dernman (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991 said:

If they want to expand they can just call it Fantastic Force.

Put eight members.

  • Reed
  • Sue
  • Johnny
  • Ben
  • Black Panther
  • Storm
  • Medusa
  • Ant Man "Lang"

I wanted to use all former FF members, but Ant Man is joining and is a good fit.

that's a pretty good roster but why Lang and not Pym?

Pym is an Avenger and Lang has a history with FF.
#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991 said:

If they want to expand they can just call it Fantastic Force.

Put eight members.

  • Reed
  • Sue
  • Johnny
  • Ben
  • Black Panther
  • Storm
  • Medusa
  • Ant Man "Lang"

I wanted to use all former FF members, but Ant Man is joining and is a good fit.

that's a pretty good roster but why Lang and not Pym?

Pym is an Avenger and Lang has a history with FF.

Oh, i was thinking maybe Blood1991 just likes Lang more than Pym and i wanted to know more because Pym seems to be a more interesting character than Lang IMO.

#27 Posted by Dernman (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher: I think Pym is more interesting also. I was disappointed then they brought him back and killed off his more interesting daughter. 
I think they brought him back because he is rumored to be the one in the Ant-Man movie. The rumor is they are adapting the To Steal an Ant-Man story. Which is basically how he became Ant-Man.
#28 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: He is joining the Future Foundation "a Fantastic Four spin off title", Pym should be an Avenger, but I really can't say I like one over the other.

#29 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not the name that's holding them back lol Its Marvel.

#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Its not the name that's holding them back lol Its Marvel.

TRUTH. They should be far more involved in the MU.

#31 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: You'd think that, but no lol

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: It is kinda ridiculous too, I mean it is four characters. It shouldn't be to hard to at least give them a panel in an event like AVX. Like BP and Iron Man call the FF and Reed and Sue refuse to be involved or are running PF scans. The world is freakin ending and they aren't doing anything lol.

#33 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: They took Val and Frank to Disney.

#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: One of those bought by Disney perks XD

#35 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Reed explaining Chaos theory mathematics to Goofy.

#36 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: No way. Scans or it didn't happen.

#37 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Twas joking, so it didn't lol

#38 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@jhazzroucher

@fodigg said:

They already kinda went to "Future Foundation" for the extended cast. Are you not a fan of that name?

I don't like it. It just doesn't sound like a team name.

Well its not really a team as such, its more like a school

I see, thanks for letting me know

Well, that was true. But it's less clear going forward:

I can't tell if the above team is going by "Future Foundation" or just "The FF/Fantastic Four" and Scott Lang is leading the Future Foundation school on the side.

Okay, my curiosity is getting the better of me and I can't find any information on it: why is there a junkie hanging out in what seems to be the Thing's body?

#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Blood1991: Twas joking, so it didn't lol

Awww that would be awesome :/

I havn't read the FF since BP got his upgrade, so I thought maybe they had went there lol. THAT would be entertaining.

#40 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Then Marvel would give it to the Avengers.

#41 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Blood1991: Then Marvel would give it to the Avengers.

Oh you, you I like.

Yes we would see Cap parading around Disney characters while Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk, and Black Widow fight Micky Mouse Skrulls. I can't wait to see this as the bases for the third movie and theme park ride.

#42 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Haha

#43 Posted by Invisible_Witch (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic force sounds good maybe add

Crystal

Ghost Rider

That is all

#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

They did that with Fantastic Force. It didn't last.

#45 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

They did that with Fantastic Force. It didn't last.

Not quite the same idea, but yes the series did not last long.

@Invisible_Witch said:

Fantastic force sounds good maybe add

Crystal

Ghost Rider

That is all

Not feelin Ghost Rider, and I thought about adding Crystal, but she is preoccupied with space marriage, but I wanna hear Medusa's excuse before I jump on that.

So I'd add Crystal depending on Medusa's reason for being on Earth.

#46 Posted by jhazzroucher (16504 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@jhazzroucher: He is joining the Future Foundation "a Fantastic Four spin off title", Pym should be an Avenger, but I really can't say I like one over the other.

Now i see.

#47 Posted by jloneblackheart (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Their name shouldn't be changed a new members shouldn't be added. Anyone who thinks otherwise is missing the spirit of the Fantastic Four.

Moderator
#48 Posted by SoA (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

the freakin fantastic

since everyone is a avenger in some capacity i'd say blade, elektra, deadpool, blue marvel(never read his mini so idk if they made him honorary or somethin)

#49 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: Answered on first page:

It's a new character. She's apparently a "celebutante" who Johnny was spending the night with before the original FF had to go on a mission, so when Reed asked him who he selected as a "backup" for while they were gone he was like "oh, uh, she'll do," because he's Johnny and doesn't care. So she's in a Thing robot suit and is going by "Miss Thing" or "Lady Thing" or something.
#50 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Thanks. Miss Thing sounds too sexist. They should change it to the Thang.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.