Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

fantastic four reboot

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ok so michael b Jordan is rumoured to play johnny. and the other character will be in their 20s too... I disagree with this, they are trying to do the whole high school tale of friend ship... I personally have nothing against a black character in the team but come on it should be ben grimm, it just seems cooler and more fitting.. also johnny was a teenager (16 years old) when they got their powers, he became popular because of it, show this get an actor around 17-18 and show this character in school and life, hes a rebel johnny should be a rule breaker so have him underage drinking, hes lost his parents and is stuck in shitty high school play the character, balls it up a bit... as for sue she needs to be the his big sister (20s) constantly caring for him like in the comics, have her facing problems when the police bring johnny home from parties. reed needs to be in his 30s along with ben and reed needs to be dating sue while also doing a space project he then invites them to steel a space ship like in the comics and it should go from there... doom is an obvious villain but like the avengers why not use some one like mole man to begin with and have the character break in to their powers, then have doom in the 2nd one, not saying he shouldn't be in the 1st one but he needs to build his evil plan other wise it will seem too rushed, if you want to cross over with xmen you need to get the team right and doom needs to be spot on, also use galactus in his true form along with the skrulls, there is so much they could do if they get this right... rant over

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

It sounds like you want to see a very specific interpretation of the team on screen. If that's the case, go to film school and get hired by fox to produce or direct the film. Otherwise, you are complaining for no reason because you have no power in the matter. In addition, many, like me, disagree with your interpretation, so it's not like you have the right interpretation or I have the right interpretation.

First, Fox is very likely adapting the Ultimate Fantastic Four storyline, based on the ages of the actors they want to cast. From a creative standpoint, this decision makes a lot of sense if they want to reboot the franchise, which would be smart based on the box office receipts and poor critical reception of the last film. By choosing the teleportation origin of the team, they don't run into the the pitfalls the Spider-man reboot had by giving people stuff they've already seen. From a financial standpoint, making the FF younger allows for greater franchise longevity. I mean, Hugh Jackman has been Wolverine for 15 years now because he got the role at a younger age. This longevity allows for easier branding and marketing, which is correlated with making a lot of money. Fox is known for taking risks because they know fans complain until the movie comes out and is actually good (First Class for example).

As for Johnny being adopted, I would say this makes MORE sense than the comics. In the Ultimate Universe, Reed and Sue were both child geniuses who were recruited into the Baxter Building program at an early age. Franklin Richards I manages the program and is also a genius. Sue and Johnny's mom is revealed to have a genius level IQ as well. So based on his genetics, upbringing, and childhood surroundings, Johnny SHOULD be a genius as well. By having Johnny be adopted, you can write off the idea of him having to be intelligent due to his pedigree, while allowing him to retain his classic personality. Financially, a more diverse FF makes sense as well--for reasons I'm sure you can figure out on your own. Also, Johnny being adopted should not make him any less close to his family. I mean, just look at Man of Steel. Did you think Clark didn't really love Martha or Jonathan?

It sounds like you haven't read the Ultimate Fantastic Four books. I HIGHLY recommend that you read the first 18 issues, which were written by Bendis, Millar, and Ellis. If that's not enough to hook you, they were drawn by Kubert and Immonen. After issue 18, the series goes downhill, admittedly.

Here's some cool art of MBJ as Johnny to help your acceptance of the fact that IMDB says he has already officially signed on for the role.

No Caption Provided

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

IMDB is a super accurate source by the way. So I guess it's time to move on from complaining if you don't want to waste your time. Heck, with a young cast and a good director, this interpretation of the franchise may be churning out films for 20+ years before another reboot, lol.

There are bigger issues in the world to worry about.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see it, but im just worried they are aiming for one of these teenage love story with action things because geeks I suddenly mainstream and that they want to hold on to the license

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wonder if Jordan is getting death threats already, lol.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirnicktheepic: It will probably have some romantic scenes between Reed and Sue, but I doubt they are going the Twilight/YA route.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13:

I want there to be romance but no twilight style so it appeals to teens XD

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam:

god I hope not hes a great actor and an awesome person I just don't think hes right for this role haha

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By the_tree

IMDB is not a "super accurate source", especially when a movie is in the development phase. Anyone can update a page on there if they have an account.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captain13

@the_tree: Yeah, and it's info, like Wikipedia's, get edited quickly if it's not true. It likely has a good source. But if you want to wait 'til the trailer comes out, that's cool.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: The only reason it's listed is because he's obviously in talks for the role, he himself makes that known. Unless an official announcement is given, though, it would be foolish to believe everything you read off of that page while the movie is in such early developmental stages. And that official announcement has yet to be seen.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Maybe I'm confused because the page says "announced" rather than "rumored."

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: I don't see an "announced" at all. Look at the FAQ, and it says who's rumored to be a part of the cast.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain13

@the_tree: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0430107/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

It says "announced" on Michael B. Jordan's page (link above). If it weren't true, I would imagine his reps would have gotten rid of it 1) Because these agents/people monitor such info closely (see how they monitor wikipedia pages) 2) False information in IMDB can hurt your chances for getting roles if a certain project overlaps with another one.

I guess there is no absolute certainty in this world though. I still do think he has the role.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_tree

@captain13:

I doubt reps spend all of their time monitoring and worrying about IMDB, though, seeing as how anyone can edit it. It wouldn't be his fault if he got attached to a project that he has no involvement in.

I'm sure he's probably got the role, with him being a hot commodity after Fruitvale Station and having previous ties to Fox and Trank. The biggest thing keeping him away would be if he took a role in something bigger, like Star Wars, which is said he's been in talks for. My biggest points were that you shouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched and that IMDB isn't very reliable while movies are in preproduction.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I can't wait for the reboot, and I'm praying to the One Above All that it's good, Marvel's first family deserves at least ONE movie people can take seriously.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt this will be all that successful, but I do hope it's good, and they have a solid plot in mind.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_tree

@the_stegman: Can't do much worse after the other two movies.

I'm worried about Mr. Fantastic and the writer, though. Mr. Fantastic is my favorite member and all the guys that are said to have auditioned don't strike me as the character at all. And looking at the writer's past credits, he's written/co-written xXx: State of the Union, Jumper, X-Men: The Last Stand, and This Means War. All movies I don't like. Guess we gotta have faith.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@the_tree: Who has auditioned for it?

David Tennant seemed interested. Would he be a good choice for you?

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i think they should pick Michael Sheen as Mr. fantastic. he's a pretty good actor.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_tree

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't necessarily know if they've auditioned or if they're just rumored but a few of the names that have been thrown out are Miles Teller, Kit Harington, and Jack O'Connell, which with their ages seem to hint at a more Ultimate incarnation. None of them give me the smart, controlling, sometimes douchey, but charismatic vibe of Reed. I haven't seen him outside of Doctor Who, but if he could tone down the goofiness a bit, Tennant would be a lot closer to my idea of the character.

If they're going for a younger Reed, my personal choice would be Adam Brody. I think he's got the look down, he's not too old, not too young, he's likable, and I could buy into him as a wunderkind, too smart for his own good genius.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@the_tree: I'm not familiar with any of their acting, but Adam Brody does seem to have more of the right look than those others.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: I've only seen Teller and Harington's acting. Teller was good in The Spectacular Now and Harington is good in Game of Thrones. I think Teller looks too young, though, and Harington looks too good looking.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Captain13

My preferred cast (based on Ultimate Fantastic Four):

No Caption Provided

Kit Harington for Reed

Allison Williams for Sue

Alan Ritchson for Ben

Michael B. Jordan for Johnny

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit makes no sense for Reed. He is not even "Reedy". Even Jordan makes more sense for Torch, and he is a black guy.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think none of the make sense at all. Let alone Johnny Storm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.