Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5741 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Fantastic Four #568 Reviewed: Doom's Master Vs The FF

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I've really been enjoying Millar and Hitch's run on the Fantastic Four.  A lot of us were surprised (and some a bit outraged) over the idea of Doctor Doom having an actual master.  How could this be?  When did this happen?  Does this mean the end of the Marvel Universe?  Doom thought he was all badass last issue but his master really put him in his place.  He got rid of him like he was nothing.  Is there any way that Reed Richards can stop him?

Doom and Reed have always been near equals.  Is Reed the more formidable of the two since the FF keep beating him?  Would Reed be able to stop him on his own?  We've seen a weaken Doom incinerate the (future version of) the Invisible Woman.  To me, that sort of give him an edge.  Doom is willing to go to any means to solve his mission.  Yet he always fails.  Also, he did jack against his master.  Why is the Marquis of Death toying with Reed?  If he wasn't so arrogant, would Reed stand a chance next issue?  This dude has wiped out countless worlds.  How is the FF going to win this one?  How is Doom going to return?  It's just too bad about this issue, though...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

So is Doctor Doom dead...and where are the Dark Avengers and La Fey.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Doctor Doom was sent away.  I'm betting he'll return in the next issue.  Dark Avengers and La Fey?  Maybe they've been conveniently 'paralyzed' as well.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AngelFrost

Aww, bless the dude at the end.
    and how old is your little girl ?
    she looks soo cute!
    from what I saw of her.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

That one wasn't mine.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Nahero
    @G-Man said:
    "That one wasn't mine. "

no problem G we believe you
    Dr. ? man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Dr. ? man

I think the Marquis of Death is really Reed Richards from an alternate reality, which best explains why he didn't take out Reed like he did with Dr. Doom. I think the irony of Dr. Doom's master being an alternate version of his archenemy is something Millar would go with.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

I just couldn't believe what a let down this was.  The next issue better have a massive fight or I'm gonna be pissed at Millar until the finale to Old Man Logan comes out.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth

No Caption Provided

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

he explains that Clyde is his apprentice in the future and that if Reed kills him now he won't exist in the future to become his apprentice but Reed says that he can't kill him now because he's innocent until he actually does something wrong

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

I get the whole alternate reality Clydes and all but this taunting just seems a little weak.  I guess it's just the 'feeding off of hope' thing that turns him on.  He's trying to mess with Reed to see if he can get him to go against his noble ways.  He takes out Doom who he felt was an insult in the blink of an eye but wants to string Reed along just because he beat Doom so many times.  I get it but don't really care for it.

Woerlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Woerlan

It's stupid and shallow. This issue was a terrible waste of paper. The very idea of Doom consenting to have a master is ludicrous. This isn't Star Wars. Doom isn't Darth Vader. He's DOOM.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Green ankh

I am a big FF fan. But i am looking forward to The end of this teams run.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @geraldthesloth said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "

I like that picture
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By warlock360

@ G-Man's Question: well if you have two opponents (a dangerous one, and a less dangerous one) you usually take out the most dangerous one as quick as you can (Doom in this case)

but, Marquis asked for Reed to sacrifice something... and in my opinion theres a THIRD threat to the Marquis :>

plus the Disciple is pretty much Wolverine if you can think back in the latter issues where that smart hulk and the future people took galactus hostage (more than like killed him) someone asked that hooded figure (who has a REAL good resemblence to Marquis' disciple, who he was and we got a short glimpse of his face and we have seen that he has claws)

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

Too bad this issue was a let down

kendorrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kendorrr
    @dreadmaster: that picture sums up my feelings exactly. God, I cannot wait for this run to be finished so I can have my favorite characters back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.