Fantastic 4, Weakest Cosmic Characters?

#1 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Of the characters with Cosmic Powers, are the Fantastic Four the weakest? If not, who?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they have cosmic powers. I though they got their powers through radiation while in space. Like Hulk or Spider-Man but in a different situation.

#3 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

I don't think they have cosmic powers. I though they got their powers through radiation while in space. Like Hulk or Spider-Man but in a different situation.

It was Cosmic Radiation, so I was putting them in that category. Just as Hulk and Doc Samson would both be in the Gamma Radiation category. I understand what you mean, I don't consider them Cosmic beings but they have face off against other Comics(Annihilus and Galactus). In this category, would they be the weakest?

#4 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@guttridgeb said:

It was Cosmic Radiation, so I was putting them in that category. Just as Hulk and Doc Samson would both be in the Gamma Radiation category. I understand what you mean, I don't consider them Cosmic beings but they have face off against other Comics(Annihilus and Galactus). In this category, would they be the weakest?

If they were put into that category, I would say yes. I don't really think they belong there in the first place though.

#5 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you list some other cosmically powered super heroes?

#6 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: silver surfer , nova, quasar, adam warlock

#7 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Timandm: silver surfer , nova, quasar, adam warlock

I feel like a moron for not remembering these myself. LOL! Thanks...

So... Nova's power... Doesn't that come from the Helmet he wears? Even if it's cosmic power, it isn't really 'in' him... The same for Quasar, his powers come from the arm bands he wears. Anyone who puts them on should have that power, yes? So...Even if they are 'wielding' more power than the members of the FF, I wouldn't say they are more powerful than the members of the FF.

And, since comic book heroes almost always increase in power levels over time... We don't know how powerful the FF will eventually become. Consider The Thing. Back in the 70s, he could only lift 5 tons. Today, he's class 100. Susan can do SO MUCH more than when they started. The same is true for Johnny. And since they've only had their powers for about 12 years... (In Marvel time) Well, much could happen over the next 12 years. What if Ben's rocky outer shell is really a cocoon?

#8 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@guttridgeb said:

If they were put into that category, I would say yes. I don't really think they belong there in the first place though.

They do not belong in that category, but if Franklin is considered a member of the Fantastic Four the answer would be no.

kh••d

#9 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is useless, but the rest of the team are quite powerful. Reed has plot-intellect and Sue's power is often plot-infused too, but at their standard levels, they're still pretty decent. 

Rocket Raccoon and Star-Lord are cosmic characters, remember =P

#10 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

What if Ben's rocky outer shell is really a cocoon?

in the ultimate universe they had that happened i think he was the ultimate version of quasar lol

#11 Posted by comic_book_fan (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing isn't useless he is among the strongest heros on earth

1. hulk

2.herculese

3.thor

4.sentry

5.the thing namor wonderman all these guys are on the same level. and bens strength is increasing

#12 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@comic_book_fan said:

the thing isn't useless he is among the strongest heros on earth

1. hulk

2.herculese

3.thor

4.sentry

5.the thing namor wonderman all these guys are on the same level. and bens strength is increasing

Wonder Man is well, well above the Thing and Namor. Namor in water is superior to the Thing as well. 

And Sentry is stronger than Hercules and Hulk, just fyi. Don't go by Siege, it's the worst story ever (until AvX)
#13 Posted by comic_book_fan (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

i was going by the lastest interpratations thing over powerd namor underwater in avx

i have not seen wonderman fight the thing since the 80's may be once in the 90's and they were on the same level then.

hulk beat sentry in a fist fight in wwhulk hercules embarrased sentry and thor beat him as well all of these were in a test of strength not overall power but considering thats all we are debating here then thats enough.

and the reason i put herc above thor was because he wrestled thor and thor admited herc was stronger.

#14 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

@guttridgeb said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@guttridgeb said:

They do not belong in that category, but if Franklin is considered a member of the Fantastic Four the answer would be no.

kh••d

I would consider Franklin to be a member of the Future Foundation but not the Fantastic Four personally :)

#15 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Timandm said:

What if Ben's rocky outer shell is really a cocoon?

in the ultimate universe they had that happened i think he was the ultimate version of quasar lol

Well, I guess that answers that... So, there's still a Fantastic Four in the Ultimate Comics universe even though Reed Richards is an evil prick?

#16 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: after ultimatum the team fell apart , johnny went with the x-men , ben changed , sue stayed with nick fury and reed became evil lol

#17 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@Timandm: after ultimatum the team fell apart , johnny went with the x-men , ben changed , sue stayed with nick fury and reed became evil lol

So, do you have any idea what Ben's up to now?

Also, when you mentioned about Johnny going off with the X-Men, something occurred to me... He's only 16. He has LEFT the FF and he's only 16. How old was he when the Fantastic Four BECAME the Fantastic Four in the Ultimate universe? Were they a team for long or just for a few months?

#18 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: 15 he is just as old as Peter and before Pete died, he became 16 so I think the team lasted maybe around a year? Between 6 months and a year. Because I remember somewhere on ultimate Spider-Man that the v3 started 6 months after Ultimatum and around Ultimatum the team fell apart

#19 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mariioow said:

@Timandm: 15 he is just as old as Peter and before Pete died, he became 16 so I think the team lasted maybe around a year? Between 6 months and a year. Because I remember somewhere on ultimate Spider-Man that the v3 started 6 months after Ultimatum and around Ultimatum the team fell apart

So he DID make it to 16 then? You know, now that you've said it, I do seem to recall something in one of the last issues where they said he was 16. I'm gonna have to go back and read that.

Okay, so it only took him ten years to age... six months...

#20 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: Well he first appeared canonically at 2004, and then the team died in 2009 so yeah, 5 years for 6-ish months it sounds like Marvel

#21 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mariioow: I'm thinking about reading it. Did you like the series?

#22 Posted by mariioow (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: If you're asking about Ultimate Fantastic Four, I haven't read it more than 2 issues or so but Ultimate Spider-Man was a good comic book in my opinion (I haven't read anything at all about Miles because well it's not Peter so I don't know if it's good or bad atm) So I'll say that if it was as good as Spidey's it may be good.

#23 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@mariioow: I was referring to the Fantastic Four... I've decided to read it.

Regarding the New Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales, I've been reading it, and I've enjoyed it. Miles is an interesting character. I don't feel like their trying to re-invent Peter. He's a bright kid, not on Peter's level, and a good kid trying to figure out how to be Spider-Man. Give it a shot if you have an opening in your list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.