Convince Me?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so I have never read a single (616) Fantastic Four book in my life but I have the whole run of Ultimate Fantastic Four, which I love (until they wrecked it by making Reed crazy) and I also loved the Fantastic Four: Earth's Greatest Heroes TV show and I think Hickmans writing is great, So, is his run good? Should I pick it up? When's a good jumping on point? Should I just get the trades and start from the beginning? Should I get Future Foundation instead because I doubt I can get both? Thanks in advance for any help.  

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd suggest starting Hickman's great run from the very beginning with the Dark Reign: Fanastic Four trade.

Then you move on to Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman vol. 1 and just keep moving on through the trades then into FF.

I don't really suggest starting with Future Foundation because Hickman likes to build off of what he's previously written, so things can get confusing and you can get lost very easily.

But I definitely suggest picking up his run, it's some of the greatest Fantastic Four writing I've ever read.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: I would have to start at Vol 1 trade as I get it of Comixology, would I still be able to follow it ok?
#4 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Yeah, it's perfectly fine there. They fill you in enough on what you miss from not reading the Dark Reign tie-in.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@spiderbat87: Yeah, it's perfectly fine there. They fill you in enough on what you miss from not reading the Dark Reign tie-in.

ok cool, so do you think I will like it baring in mind my EGH and Ultimate exposure?
#6 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I'm not sure, as I've never read the Ultimate series or watched that show. But if you like seeing the Fantastic Four work and act as a family with well written dialogue, and if you like seeing them deal with over the top, strange sci-fi creations and elements then you'll like the series.

#7 Posted by -The Renegade- (125 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually read the Ultimate Fantastic Four run, and I am really enjoying Hickman's run on Fantastic Four. You should definitely pick it up. 

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

You convinced yet!?!?!

#9 Posted by chalkshark (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

It was good enough to get me to return to the title after an absence of 16 years.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.