Follow

Fantastic Four

Team » Fantastic Four appears in 5743 issues.

An intrepid group of astronauts: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm originally received their powers after being exposed to an immense amount of cosmic radiation during a trip into space. Mutated and given strange powers by this exposure, they became the Fantastic Four and dedicated their abilities to the good of humanity.

Casting Rumors for the New Fantastic Four Movie

• 53 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Is that you, Sue Storm?
     Is that you, Sue Storm?

Given all the X-MEN: FIRST CLASS news that’s been rolling out lately, some of you might have forgotten that Fox has another superhero reboot in the works - -a third FANTASTIC FOUR movie. This is still a ways off - - it’d be coming out in summer 2012 at the earliest - - but that doesn’t mean  casting rumors can’t be floating around yet! We already know that the Thing’s probably going to be portrayed by a mass of polygons, but what about the rest of the four?

Screen Rant’s saying that Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Adrien Brody could be in the running for Mr. Fantastic. Meyers’ most mainstream credits to date are in FROM PARIS WITH LOVE and MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3, but you all ought to know what Brody’s been in. After PREDATORS and SPLICEcame out this summer, his name’s been popping up more for this kind of project. You’ll recall that he was rumored to be playing Ant-Man in the solo movie Edgar Wright’s been working on.

But what about the other two? Comic Book Movie’s saying that Amber Heard and Kevin Pennington might be playing the Invisible Woman and the Human Torch, respectively.  Heard’s been in the likes of PINEAPPLE EXPRESS and ZOMBIELAND, while Pennington’s biggest credit so far has been in the new 90210. Interestingly, he’s also been cast in THE AVENGERS and his role’s rumored to be Captain Marvel.

I’m curious as to what this “reboot” will entail. I really doubt they’re going to be telling the FF’s origin again. This really just sounds like a casting change - - not much different than, say, BATMAN FOREVER. And nobody considered that a reboot. Anyway, do you Comic Vine maniacs approve of these possibilities? Who would you want to see fill in for the FF if a new movie got made?

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CaptainUseless

Finallly, some news on the FF film...But, I HATE rumours.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Meyers and Heard both seem kinda young. I'd prefer them to cast a more mature actress for Invisible woman too. Alba pretty much ruined the first movies for me purely by being far too glam. 

Curious about Pennington in Avengers though. I don't wanna see Captain Marvel in there. Maybe Rick Jones or somes such.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Bestostero

I'm actually sad about this, I really like the original cast... all except Jessica Alba, i think she's gorgeous, but she wasn't Sue.  Everyone else was spot on for me...

But i guess since Chris Evans is now Captain America, they're gonna have to recast in case they do a Marvel Ultimate Alliance type movie...which i hope they will someday lol

anyways, guess its a good thing that a new FF movie is in the works, hopefully it wont suck lol

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainUseless
    @xhavoc86 said:
     in case they do a Marvel Ultimate Alliance type movie...which i hope they will someday 

So do I!
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Green ankh

Casting is almost as bad as the first ones.
    Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bandito

This is more disappointing than any of the wretched X-Men casting news.  I don't want FOX to release another Fantastic Four movie.  Based on the previous FF and X-movies, I don't trust them to do it right.  Let the rights revert back to Marvel.

ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ironshadow

I hope they get back Michael Chiklis to voice the CGI Thing.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jordanstine

Wow, along with X-Men First Class, all my great expectations just completely disappeared.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024

I was hoping FOX sorta forgot about this... 

And Those choices suck for Reed. One is way too young and the other just isn't Reed. Bruce Banner maybe, but not Reed. 

Sue's choice is ok.  

Johnny's choice is fine, but nobody can be a better Torch than Chris Evans... Damn you Joe Johnston. Why did you give Cap's part to HIM? 

If it were up to me, I'd these two to play Sue and Reed:   

Naomi Watts- Invisible Woman  
     Naomi Watts- Invisible Woman  

Ralph Phinneas- Mr. Fantastic  
     Ralph Phinneas- Mr. Fantastic  
    Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
    Daredevilwithoutfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit1024 I like your choices for the Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic but I agree with most Fox should just let the rights revert back to Marvel where they belong so we can get a Better FF movie

I did not mind the orginal cast but  I did not like Julian Mcman and Jessica Alba I felt they did not belong in the cast. Really as much as I like Amber Heard she is way to young to play Sue Storm.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Shitty. I would love to see Marvel have FF back. they could do great things.
    kevin Pennington WAS in talks for a role in Avengers but Opted out to do a movie for FOX. Much like Alice Eve was in talks for a role in avengers then opted out for fox's x-men then left that to be in talks again for avengers.

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

hey that is cool. I had no idea another -reboot or not- FF movie was on schedules

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Jonathan Rhys Meyers would be the perfect Mr F! - maybe he's too good-looking, but still, a little white in his hair and he'll be good. [:  

Amber Heard was a surprise, but I think she could pull of the sexy, younger Sue. [: 

Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Red Rum

The reboot should start similarly to the end of the last movie (much like Ang Lee's Hulk - Incredible Hulk): with all four having their powers, and Reed and Sue married.

As for the plot, I would go with either Namor's relationship to the 4, or the Kree-Skrull wars spreading to Earth. 
    If they decide to bring back Dr. Doom, cast someone with a deeper, scarier voice (like HHH).

Rheged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rheged
    @xhavoc86:  I agree.  I thought the casting was great, except for Jessica Alba, but the script, or the directing, didn't quite click.
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I could see Rhys Meyers as Mr. Fantastic. I would think a mature cast would be great, but if you're talking rebooting a franchise, and shooting for a movie every couple years - like the James bond franchise - you don't want to cast somebody who is mature - but middle-aged, and is going to be using a walker in a sequel or a threequel.  

How about for this next one they face the Skrulls? That could be kinda fun...  

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By Tainted-Cell

Considering how it is a 20th Century Fox property and therefore will never crossover with other existing heroes popularized in the Marvel Studios films of today....

I think they should make it a period piece. Have it set in the 60s... that may sound like the "First Class" prequel ~shudder~, but I've had this thought in my head since the first movie came out. You can do a whole lot when you don't have to conform larger than life characters and science to our modern-day sci-fi genre. 

Another thing - it should mirror the first Ghostbusters movie in nearly every way possible.  Not just the Human Torch serving up Peter Venkman's wit and clueless demeanor... or Mr. Fantastic being the super-genius/socially awkward Egon Spengler.... or Alicia Masters seeking the F4's help because she's been experiencing psychic disturbances from the Puppet Master sounding hauntingly familiar to Dana Barrett's Gozer episodes.... or the Fantastic Four attracting other superheroes who familiarize themselves with the line "if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say".... or the celebrity/commercial lifestyle both teams live.  

Mix sci-fi with fantasy. Don't be afraid of it sounding too ridiculous because hey, that's what the Fantastic Four is. Doctor Doom's attempts to reach his dead mother in Mephisto's realm earned him a scarred face for life. He rules over Latveria in a medieval castle. This is not only the most popular Fantastic Four villain, but one of the most recognizable villains in comics. You can't do him justice while working to make him "realistic".  If the Ghostbusters can take on a twenty-story Stay-Puft Marshmallow man and animate the Statue of Liberty, why can't the Fantastic Four?

One more thing. Who here would like to see something with CG-Animation?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Tainted-Cell said:
    " Considering how it is a 20th Century Fox property and therefore will never crossover with other existing heroes popularized in the Marvel Studios films of today....  I think they should make it a period piece. Have it set in the 60s... that may sound like the "First Class" prequel ~shudder~, but I've had this thought in my head since the first movie came out. You can do a whole lot when you don't have to conform larger than life characters and science to our modern-day sci-fi genre.   Another thing - it should mirror the first Ghostbusters movie in nearly every way possible.  Not just the Human Torch serving up Peter Venkman's wit and clueless demeanor... or Mr. Fantastic being the super-genius/socially awkward Egon Spengler.... or Alicia Masters seeking the F4's help because she's been experiencing psychic disturbances from the Puppet Master sounding hauntingly familiar to Dana Barrett's Gozer episodes.... or the Fantastic Four attracting other superheroes who familiarize themselves with the line "if there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say".... or the celebrity/commercial lifestyle both teams live.    Mix sci-fi with fantasy. Don't be afraid of it sounding too ridiculous because hey, that's what the Fantastic Four is. Doctor Doom's attempts to reach his dead mother in Mephisto's realm earned him a scarred face for life. He rules over Latveria in a medieval castle. This is not only the most popular Fantastic Four villain, but one of the most recognizable villains in comics. You can't do him justice while working to make him "realistic".  If the Ghostbusters can take on a twenty-story Stay-Puft Marshmallow man and animate the Statue of Liberty, why can't the Fantastic Four?  One more thing. Who here would like to see something with CG-Animation? "
    This is a great idea.  

A period piece could definitely work. I'd love to see the FF take on Dr. Doom or Galactus in their full glory (that means Medieval castles and big purple helmets). Let the Fantastic Four be Fantastic.  

I would love to write a screen play for something like that. 
    The Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By The Jeff

i honestly believe that a Fantastic Four movie will never work. It's hokey enough to work only in the comics and too dated (source material) to make a decent adaptation to please everyone

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
    OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Patrick Wilson as Reed
    Elizabeth Banks as Sue

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @OmegaTheDestroyer said:
    " Patrick Wilson as ReedElizabeth Banks as Sue "
    Love this. ^_^ <3
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Amber Heard has an amazing body and is very beautiful. I could definately see her as Invisible Woman.  
    - She would never be my first choice, but I'd be very satisfied if it turned out to be true. [: 

No Caption Provided
    mayuchito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mayuchito

I love this new Sue Storm.

In my opinion, a reboot like that could open the way to a futur cross over film with the avenger and the ff, after all, chris evans could play cap and there will be an other Johnny Storm. 

Signed: A french comic vine maniac XD

Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Riezner

Hello pretty lady

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bingbangboom

The movie will be a reboot but not sure if they will retail the origin. They may do something like a back history or news report but to my knowledge the slate will be wiped clean hence a new Doctor Doom origin too. They may hold off on Doom though kind of what they did for The Dark Knight and have their biggest adversary in the second movie if there is one.

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ckal
    @Tom Pinchuk: I'm pretty sure Kevin Pennington has not actually been cast in any comic book movie yet, and especially not the Avengers. The Captain Marvel rumor is months old by the way.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I wouldn't mind seeing their Origins retold. After all, I'm sure the one in the movie was not the same as the one in the comics. So maybe they'll tell it more truthfully this time. 

XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By XFan616

Okay soo....Thing will be CG. But who should voice him? Also I'm down with Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He's awesome.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Magian

It's good that they are making another FF movie. I just hope that it won't be about their origin again.

@Cherry Bomb:
    She certainly looks good.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By zombietag

JUST STOP NOW, PLEASE!!!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

its rumored that Captain Marvel is in the Avengers movie?
    sweet.

SirSparkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SirSparkington

I can see Brody as Reed Richards.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Pizawle

Amber Heard is so beautiful. Even if she is not right for the role I would not object to watching her in spandex for two hours.

conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By conformist21

let's hope it bombs, the rate it's going...
    we get Avengers 3 in 2016, and Avengers will be getting at Thanos, and Silver Surfer and FF will actually have a role in it.
    I could care less about x-men and spider-man, they are well enough (at least being able to hold their own movies) on their own, and i can wait.

batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#35  Edited By batmanboy11

Sounds like crap. FOX shouldn't have the rights to the FF anymore. Marvel Studios needs to get the FF movie rights back.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By goldenkey

I wouldn't mind this Ultimitized minus the Mole Man.  Never happen tho.  Glad the Thing is CGI'd.  Plus that last Reed was just so damn annoying.

Midnight Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Midnight Monk

How about Fox just give the rights back to marvel and stop embarrassing themselves. they had a chance with the first movie but proved that they couldn't do with that terrible sequel

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DH69

well atleast The invisible woman is actually white this time, and before anyone flames me i meant that in the least racist way possible! i mean jessica alba just creeped me out with the bleach blonde hair and freaky ass blue contacts, and she and chris evans looked nothing alike.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheMess1428

Mr. Fantastic - Greg Grunberg
    Invisible Woman - Jennie Garth
    Human Torch - Nick Zano
    The Thing - Steve Austin
    Doctor Doom - Julian McMahon 
    Director - J.J. Abrams

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @TheMess1428 said:
    " Mr. Fantastic - Greg GrunbergInvisible Woman - Jennie GarthHuman Torch - Nick ZanoThe Thing - Steve AustinDoctor Doom - Julian McMahon Director - J.J. Abrams "
    The rest are excellent choices .. apart from those ... 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gambit1024

For the first one they should do the origin and then fight one of Mole Man's monsters as their "debut fight". when that's said and done and they move into the Baxter Building, Alicia Masters could be introduced and the main villain could be a revamped Puppet Master.  

Save Doom for a sequel, ya know?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Video_Martian

Enough with the frickin' reboots already, Marvel!!!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gambit1024
    @mr.obvious:  

This one's not Marvel's fault. It's FOX's. 

FOX is the enemy. 
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like the idea of going younger; Ultimate Fantastic Four is still one of my favourite Marvel efforts ever. 

Nevertheless, if you're going to use the F4, it always comes down to one thing;

GET DOOM RIGHT!

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By Green Skin

Are they having some kind of contest with the X-Men: First Class movie to see who can get the worst casting or something?  Awful choices.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By riri4life

Almost anyone would be better than Jessica Alba for Sue Storm. lol

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By waruikumo
    @Gambit1024:  

Fox is the enemy of everything 
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheMess1428
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @TheMess1428 said:
    " Mr. Fantastic - Greg Grunberg
    Invisible Woman - Jennie Garth
    Human Torch - Nick Zano
    The Thing - Steve Austin
    Doctor Doom - Julian McMahon
    Director - J.J. Abrams "
    The rest are excellent choices .. apart from those ...  "
    I only picked Grunberg because he works with Abrams a lot. Who would you have as replacements?
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gambit1024
    @waruikumo said:
    " @Gambit1024:   Fox is the enemy of everything  "
    You speak the truth 
    Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Crimson Eagle

I liked Ioan Gruffud's preformance of Mr. Fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.